What's your favourite style and why?

Firefox

There isn't just one particular style that I would consider a real favorite. My life style is too varied with a host of different situations, occasions, or events requiring a variety of styles to be even reasonably appropriate. The formed or locked position of my size 5 feet and ankles, and the ever shortening muscles in the calves of my legs make it impossible to lower my feet more than a little less than straight up. I wear heels absolutely all the time. My preferances: A very high spiked heel with my instep arched forward and most any style or number of straps. I am particial to ankle straps. The heel cup should be properly shaped to compliment the ankle, throat of the shoe cut high on the side, and the toe very short and very pointed toe. A high stacked slightly thicker heel complimenting a wine colored shoe of nicely cut and tooled leather, a T-strap to hi-light the instep, and bring emphasis to the very short semi-pointed toe. This shoe is appropriate for a semi dressy or casual occasion. Actually this shoe with combination leathers is more of a dressy nature. There is on one style of platform I like. It's a one piece molded base with a well blended full shoe on a 2" platform and 6" heel. They're quite uncomfortable at first because of the necessary stretching of my calves to the lower 4" rise. The platform is not blocky or clunky but rather sculptured and tappered to a short, narrow, rounded, and rockered sole. This is essential for the combined motion of the foot and shoe to be pivotal on the sole of the platform in a manner of etiquette and fluid movement. The tall heel is thin but not necessarily a stiletto. Again, an aray of straps is also nice. This shoe in any of the basic colors in calf or patent leather has a nice casual flair. No sandals of any style. This has been a personal rule for nearly 30 years and now that I'm no longer a young woman I appreciate it. Sandals offer no support to the structure of the foot and because of my dedicated life style I wanted that support to shape and hold my feet. It's just a personal choice, nothing more, nothing less. I do wear nicely shaped platform clogs with substancial straps for lawn or pool parties, boating, and such. This afternoon I'll be at the high school for my son's soccer game. A bit thicker 4 1/2" stacked heel on a peny loafer style shoe with a short round toe almost covered by the rolled tassels on the high throat. Susan

great looking shoes pj!!! i think i have a similar pair tht are 5.5" they are white patent with the ankle strap. i do like just the plain court pump but you can dress it up with a clip on bow or similar clip on decoration!!!

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

really enjoyed your post Susan. I really prefer to be wearing a very high thin spiked court pump, never really wear less than 5in now, love to a have thin ankle strap and very pointed toe box to show plenty of toe clevage all top off with my best hosiery.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, PJ, I don't know if you are too particular, but...

I own the shoes you have pictures there, I believe.

I am not sure what you mean by limiting mobility, I move around in them quite well!

You may need a custom designed shoe to find your ideal.

We all have our ideals in life... I can think of ideals for shoes, the ideal for my man (which I thught I found but he lacked the most important quality - he wasn't available) ideals for the food I cook, the car I would drive...

Hold onto your ideal, to your dream, and I hope it comes true one day!

Laurie;

In my cruising through this vast forum, I do recall seeing a photo of you holding up your black patent shoes that resembled my ideal shoes. You have extremely great taste. I only wish I could find that photo again ...... arghhhh.

As for "limiting mobility", I am referring to the shortened gait a high heel wearer must adjust to. Unless you make up for this by walking faster, your mobility is slower, thereby limited.

Yes it is true that only a custom made shoe would satisfy all of my ideal criteria.

I hope you have better luck finding an available guy in the future. From what I've seen in another post, you are blessed with physical beauty. Now all you need to do is find someone who is compatible with your personality (and is filthy rich :smile: ).

PJ

p.s. sorry for the previous post as guest

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I lost that picture when I needed to reformat, but I am sure we can find it somewhere out there... the heel on those is a bit lower, only five inch. I own the white pumps with the higher heel and the ankle straps.

I walk faster, yes.

quote='P]

I hope you have better luck finding an available guy in the future. From what I've seen in another post, you are blessed with physical beauty. Now all you need to do is find someone who is compatible with your personality (and is filthy rich :smile: ).

PJ

Luck? I had that over the weekend, thanks. :grin:

I love the classic pumps with stiletto heels, 5" - 6".

terri, you have great taste in shoes :smile:

great looking shoes pj!!! i think i have a similar pair tht are 5.5" they are white patent with the ankle strap.

i do like just the plain court pump but you can dress it up with a clip on bow or similar clip on decoration!!!

hhpumps, you also have great taste in shoes. As for the clip on bows, I have been looking without success so far. I only found hair bows and their clips are rotated 90 degrees. But I keep on searching. :grin:

PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5" strappy sandals. I have 3 pairs, black, white and red. They look really good even with jeans.

Although the photo with the exposed legs looks great, I would love to see them covered with jeans.

• 4 weeks later...

I have this thing for slingbacks with a higher heel. Three inches and up, but four is best. Preferably slingbacks with a buckle on the strap. Maybe it is some subconscious bondage fetish? I don't think so, but anything is possible. Black sling backs are wonderful, as are slingy sandals. Why? I do not know, but four pairs in a row in my closter are like this, slingy! Two pumps, two sandals. all with hights between three and four inches. I buy what I can fit, and fashion here isn't so focused on the higher heels.

Hi laurie i'm polly (T.V.) I love slingbacks especially those with buckles on the straps, i do own several pairs 3- 1/2 or 4 inch are my favourite. On the viewing side i must admit i do find it sexy when a girl sits with legs crossed and dangles a slingback, the other thing that turns me on is to see a girl walking in slings with the straps loose under her heels, dont see it so much now unlike the 1980's any comments

love polly

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why is this a girls topic!? Surely it can include the men too?! I'm gonna add my two pennies' worth: I like most types of footwear: platforms, stilettos, block heels, boots, open courts/pumps, sandals, mary janes, loafers, thigh boots. Some I prefer to see other people wearing, some I prefer to wear myself. I'm not quite sure what my favourite style is to wear, probably 4in+ chunky ish heel on a boot or closed toe and back shoe :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think the best all around go anywhere, do anything, goes with any outfit, shoe would be the pointed toe classic pump or court shoe with a 4" heel. I think this is the most sexyist and feminine of all of the styles of shoes available. I must also agree 100% with Jezebel on the sturdiness around the ankles of the knee-high boot. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...