What's your favourite style and why?

Firefox

(offtopic)You'll have to get posting away then won't you, Debbie?! Only 25 posts and you'll get your first "promotion" :smile: (/offtopic) _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-09 04:03 ]</font>

Hi Debbie, Welcome on our humble new board. Nice to see you here.. ps. I know the comfy loafer isn't that nice, will try to find something that looks better soon. But still... It'll be a very low heel to start with. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

I have this thing for slingbacks with a higher heel. Three inches and up, but four is best. Preferably slingbacks with a buckle on the strap. Maybe it is some subconscious bondage fetish? I don't think so, but anything is possible. Black sling backs are wonderful, as are slingy sandals. Why? I do not know, but four pairs in a row in my closter are like this, slingy! Two pumps, two sandals. all with hights between three and four inches. I buy what I can fit, and fashion here isn't so focused on the higher heels.

I too have a pair of stiletto mules with open toe. White with a gold heel. They go great with tight white capri pants, and I wear them to work in the summer. Right now, my toes would be frostbitten, and it is very cold in the offices, so, they must wait for warmth to return. That could be next week, or five months from now. :smile: Deb, you're very right about them being good shoes, these stiletto mules.

• 3 weeks later...

it has to be the classic (court) pump. they can be very formal or casual. however, they must be a minimum height of 3". they should be patent leather. you can dress a plain pump up by adding a bow or some similar shoe clip. sling back style pumps are also quite nice, but no platforms or wide heels with either one.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite style is anything strappy that presents the foot well. Real leather is a plus, as is a higher heel. I'm less picky about the heel type. I'd rather see a woman walking confidently in chunky heels that she wears well than I would a woman wobbling around in stiletto pumps. Stiletto heels have a time and place, and will ALWAYS draw my attention, but I tend to go for girls whose footwear says "If you apply yourself, you just might have a chance with me," rather than the "You found me, now you can screw me" vibe that stilettos give off. One man's opionion. Oh, and ugly feet in strappy shoes is a big no-no. And flip-flops are a virus from hell.

I agree no chunky heels for me. Most of my heels are of the thin stiletto variety in the classic court shoes style as these are the type of shoes that make me feel most sexy and confident (and boyfriend likes them too) :smile: jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This must be only my 3rd or 4th post and I already feel like I'm repeating myself, so sorry for that. My fav shoes would be classic pumps, 3-4" thin heel, plain leather (as opposed to textured, suede, embroidered, or with rhinestones), classic colours (black, taupe, bone, navy, red) purples, pinks, whites, etc I still find make women look good, but the colours can be too distracting or garish for daily wear. No open toes and super long pointy heels. I don't think I even like spectators that much for the way the abrupt colour change just before the vamp seems to divide the shoe. Sling pumps are just as good so long as they follow the same rules for pumps above. I'm not a big mule fan. For some reason, I don't like to see toes peeking out, unless they're actually sandals - which must be strappy, of course. I have not figured out exactly what it is about some sandals that I love, and some that I find unattractive. It has something to do with the width of straps, how many there are and exactly where they're placed. Platforms are out, as well as any kind of chunky, blocky heel. I've seen some new heel shapes that look narrow from the side but are in fact wide when seen from the back. No thank you. That's teasing. :smile: And I don't like women's shoes that are borrowed from men's styles such as loafers and most lace up shoes. Boots for me, stiletto heels or not, I feel can look quite appropriate/fashionable at times, but I'd much, much rather see a woman's calves and ankles. Have I covered everything? Everyone's eyes glossed over? Congrats if you made it this far. I haven't made many posts yet, but I seem to be trying to make for it with excessively long posts. :grin: Please bear with me, women's shoes are something I'm very interested in and I rarely if ever get a chance to share my thoughts with anyone on this subject. DarksTar :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Most shoes above 3" with thin heels, nicely merged onto sole. I hate block heels, or heels right at the back. Most of these look as though the heel was stuck on as an afterthought. The point should be slightly 'aft' (rearwards) of the cenre of weight to look anyway natural. There's only one style worse than pratforms, and that's platform 'runners' .....yeuch. Shane

• 3 weeks later...

Most shoes above 3" with thin heels, nicely merged onto sole. I hate block heels, or heels right at the back. Most of these look as though the heel was stuck on as an afterthought. The point should be slightly 'aft' (rearwards) of the cenre of weight to look anyway natural.

I agree. It looks, well, so amateurish. As if that's the appropriate term to use... :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Below is a photo of the closest style I can find to illustrate my favorite high heel shoes. It's the standard opera pump (court) style. The only changes I would make would be:

1) rounder toes (for toe comfort when standing and to make feet appear smaller)

2) soft kidskin or calfskin leather (more comfortable because, unlike patent leather, it stretches to your foot shape and ventilates air better)

Important features that appear in the photo include:

1) between 5" and 6" stiletto spike heels (restricts mobility which is a turn on for me)

2) steep arch (restricts mobility which is a turn on for me)

3) thin ankle straps (implies bondage which is a turn on for me)

Optional features I would like are:

1) clip-on bows over toe areas (very feminine)

2) a small 1/2" platform (easier to walk in for very high heels and steep arched shoes without making shoe look like it has a smaller heel)

PJ

p.s. Do you think I'm too particular ? All I know is what I like.

Posted Image

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Well, PJ, I don't know if you are too particular, but... I own the shoes you have pictures there, I believe. I am not sure what you mean by limiting mobility, I move around in them quite well! They were the pair of my sixteen hour day, five and a half inch heels. So I cannot run in them, I can only run up to four inches. I still moved around in them quite well. You may need a custom designed shoe to find your ideal. We all have our ideals in life... I can think of ideals for shoes, the ideal for my man (which I thught I found but he lacked the most important quality - he wasn't available) ideals for the food I cook, the car I would drive... Hold onto your ideal, to your dream, and I hope it comes true one day!