Flying in boots

corsair

• 1 month later...

I'm not quite ready to go out skirted like some of the others, but I have bought a couple of kilts and I expect to travel kilted tomorrow. I'll also be wearing low-heeled knee high boots. At least it will be easier to get my boots off going through security. We'll see how things go.

I've made several round trips wearing 2 to 2.5 inch heels under my jeans, and have observed no reactions. I think I caught one young lady staring when I was kneeling down getting into my baggage, and that exposed my highest heel boots from the ankle down. There was no mistaking what I was wearing. As mentioned in my "very public outing" post, I wore flat riding boots with my kilt this week. One flight and a trip to the movies and no comments or reactions. Now if I can only get across Pittsburg and catch my flight tomorrow without getting stuck due to a road closure.

• 4 weeks later...

I just flew from Green Bay WI to Fort Lauderdale FL wearing 3.5-4" wedge boots. The TSA people in Green Bay didnt react at all to me having to unlace and put my boots up on the belt :smile: It was getting to wear my boots, although I did have second thoughts when I had to walk a long distance in Detroit at a higher rate of speed then I wanted wearing heels this high. I did stop at one point for a quick photo, unfortunately it got washed out a bit. Will try again next time I fly alone.

post-488-133522910119_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Demonia: Thanks, they are the Michael Kors Berkshire wedge ankle boots. You might still be able to find them around, I got mine on sale from Zappos.

post-488-133522910132_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Corsair:-) You are not the only one that those Pittsburgh road closeures are screwing up. You should try a daily commute through this stuff. Wearing heels would be a great benefit while doing such. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 months later...
I have not flown post-911. I used to fly all over the country for my company. But because of the economy, email, and the internet, we've accomplished my things on-line. It looks like I might have to travel via air for my company pretty soon, although no definite arrangements. After reading the various posts on this thread, it looks like I will have no trouble wearing my ankle boots with three inch heels when I go through inspection. I'll let everyone know what happens if this trip is confirmed.