Short Heel?

One of the pairs of boots seem to have been made with the heel too short for the sole by about 3/8 of an inch. Is there anyway extend the heel? Presumably by rebuilding and fitting with new or longer tubes? Thanks in anticipation Al

I'm having trouble getting my mind around the problem, but 3/8" is far too much to expect to repair with regular heel lifts (tips). If yer talking about stilletoes, then the simplist way would be to get yer cobbler to replace the entire heel (they usually are available in various heights); but it won't be cheap.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

My thoughts and current plan is to fit a new tube within a 4mm (int) stainless pipe, using either aluminium putty or drilled out tips to build up the height. They are stiletto heels, about 1/2-5/8" tip. The reasoning to try this is that the boots look like they are leaning backwards whilst standing (on their own) and looking at them in profile, they just seem wrong. I'm sure I haven't worn that much off them? Al

It sounds like the manufacturer fitted the wrong heel unit to the boot, they used a heel that was too short. Any modifications made to lenghten the heel would be a bit doubtful -- it is not likely that you can add material and have it be as strong as it would have been had it been made right in the first place. Best bet would be to have the boots re-heeled by somebody who knows what he's doing. If you try a repair and it breaks, it is likely to break out the bottom of the heel. Depending on when it happens, this scenario may include you taking a tumble in an un-gentle manner, with attendant injuries and what-not. Afterward you will probably need to have the boots re-heeled anyway should you desire to wear them again. There's just no substitute for doing things right the first time.

Have a happy time!

If the footwear is made properly, the heels can be taken of and the heel can be spaced out between the heel and the shoe. That way you will keep the strenght in the heel. But it also depend on the thickness of the heel. If they are block heels, just ad some extra rubber under it.