Story time!

Most storys are told around camp fires, or even lanterns, and sometimes around a plate of delicious goodies, but i figure i can use this thread to share the storys of my day to day heelings. :w00t2: I suppose i can use it as my journal, and just tell you about events that happen while out and about. :grin: Today I had school and i wore the boots that you can see in my avatar to class. Psychology class to be exact. I showed up just a bit earlier, the halls are less crowded and such. I walk into class and there are only 2 girls there. both look young, maybe about 19 or 20. I take my seat on the wall closest to the door, 2 rows from the front, and they are sitting in the main area of the room. I pull my laptop out from my bag and begin logging in and surfing the web, when one of the gals turns to me and asks, "i got kind of a weird question for you", and i was like, "sure, what is it?"(all knowing what she was gonna ask.... anytime you put question and weird in the same sentence, you knwo what is coming) She asks "can i see your shoes?" and i promtly gave her an encouraging yes and proceeded to lift up my pant to show her them. she asked if they were boots, and i said yes, and she said they were cute and that she is in the market to find some new boots. She asked why i wore them, and i gave a casual response, and said because i like to. which very much is the true. She then asked why i wore them because i was already so tall without them. We then had a long discussion about how when you are already so tall, another couple inches really isin't a big deal. The other gal chimmed in, and told her experiences wearing heels being a bit taller girl. We proceeded to have a casual conversation, and they were very very open and cool with my choice of foot wear. they asked if it was only footwear or if i was into like lingerie and other stuff like that, and i smiled warmly and said only the foot wear, can't have all you girls keeping the fashionable feet. We also spoke about how everyday public, general populations dont care about appearance unless it is a first impression(job interview, first time meeting future inlaws, baby sitters, ect ect). If they do care to notice your foot wear, they probably wont bother saying anything as they have their own business to worry about.;-) So there you have it. a good first story, i hope you enjoyed it, and maybe it will boost someones confidence who reads it. :jap: More to come as the experiences and events unfold :lmao:

love your story Olounda, I've had similar disscusions about my boots before with strangers (mostly women) so it does "ring a bell" if you will with me, take care!!

• 1 month later...

An Update for those who are following. I wore my boots to work today, nothing really exciting, just sat at my desk for most of the days. on my way out i had to run upstairs to grab some documents, so i ran the quick errand, and when i came back down the stairs, i ran into a co worker of mine, and i saw him take a double take and was like, those are some fancy shoes, and smiled and left quickly. (i was going to be late for class). So i sent him an email apologizing for the swift escape, and thanked him for the compliment, and he said he liked the boots, and wants a pair. just goes to show that people are not as "oh my gosh he is wearing heels, wisper wisper wisper behind, blah blah blah" as we think they are. ;-)

• 4 months later...

So yesterday i wore the sandals in my avatar to school. Firt of let me tell you, Black shoes with black socks on a hot day is not so much awesome. When i walked out side in those sandals, i immediatly felt a cool breeze across my feet, and it felt AWESOME. In everycase, to continue my story, I walked into my school building and up the 3 flights of stairs and towards my class room, and ran into a class mate of mine leaving the class room (i was a few minutes early, okay, more like an half of an hour early), and i asked him if he was gonna stay for class, and he said he had a concert. so i wished him well and continued walking to the classroom when he said "i like the look". I thanked him graciously and walked into the room. took my seat and chilled until class started. As some of my peers(friends?) took their seat by me, none of them really noticed until about 20 minutes in, one of the girls was like "are you wearing heels???" and i said, "i'm wearing my sandals" and she just giggled, and didn't speak any more of it. However, the kid who was sitting in front of me said that my shoes didn't match, i was just a little upset by this comment, as i'm sure they did. sky blue colored tee shirt, dark wash jeans, and black sandals, with a black belt. sheesh. the nerve of some people. I figured there are gonna be some haters out there, but who cares. All in all, it was an Excellent Experience, and i will probably do it again, not only for the thrill, but also cuz my feet remained quite cool, and not so sweaty and hot ;)