"Are those women's boots?"

Magickman

I was minding my own business, waiting at the auto service store, for the oil to be changed on my truck. Another customer was staring at my boots, and finally he asked, "Are those women's boots?" Not missing a beat, I replied, "No. Those are mine." Does that ever happen to you? If so, what do you say?

I was minding my own business, waiting at the auto service store, for the oil to be changed on my truck.

Another customer was staring at my boots, and finally he asked, "Are those women's boots?"

Not missing a beat, I replied, "No. Those are mine."

Does that ever happen to you? If so, what do you say?

besides the very funny side of the ans, think its actually great for those of us who have yet to some street heeling and are not always sure how best to respond in case of comments!!!:w00t2:;-)

heck, if it were me I'd just tell them to "mind their own bussiness" (or somthing to that effect) I mean to say that if they (whoever they are) cant even TELL by looking, well then who cares in the first place WHAT they might think, trying to be coy or smart or whatever by asking a stupid question when it's staring them in the face (I mean gee- with skinny 4 inch heels do they LOOK like mens boots!!!??);-)

One time, at a singles dance party, a woman looked at my 4" chunky heel boots, and she said, "I didn't know they made men's boots with heels that high."

I didn't say it, but I was thinking, "No, honey, they don't."

Awww! You should've said that! I'm guessing the reaction alone would've been priceless! HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

"Last century, perhaps. Times change."

One time, at a singles dance party, a woman looked at my 4" chunky heel boots, and she said, "I didn't know they made men's boots with heels that high."

I didn't say it, but I was thinking, "No, honey, they don't."

I'd like to think shoe makers make shoes. Whether they're for one sex or another is up to the buyer, not the manufacturer.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...