Great (Fluevog) boots for Men!

Daytona

Today I came across some beautiful boots from Fluevog (never heard of before) while browsing on Zappos.

I immediatly looked for their website and found these great and sexy looking boots - made for Men:

http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w%5B0%5D=attribute%3AMens&w%5B1%5D=order%3Afresh&p=1&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=2471

The boots are available in three colors (I somehow prefer the silver) and have a nice 2.5" heel.

Although "a little" pricey I would buy them immediately if I could be sure about the size.

Hope to see some more styles like this from other companies as well...

I don't like them. They remind me of "Simon Legree" boots. You know, the style of shoes that actors wear when playing characters like Somon Legree or Whipply Snidelash.....boot shoes 1860 style.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They remind me of the Dior 6.5. I walked past their store on the corner of Mulberry and Prince yesterday. They had the Twin Turbines Hi on display amidst all the women's shoes. Makes me wonder if they intrigue women more than men.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Daytona, if you like them, go for them. Do realize that for $400, you can 3 to 10 pairs of nice, leather boots elsewhere.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Daytona, if you like them, go for them. Do realize that for $400, you can 3 to 10 pairs of nice, leather boots elsewhere.

Well, as said I would order them only if I am sure about the size or if it would be easy to return them if they do not fit. In general I prefer higher quality shoes than a big quantity of them. Although I do not know the quality of these boots either.

Mr X, Why not block heels? Patience is a virtue, we do forget in this "want it now" society we have got so used to that something take time. More relevant is that another heeled boot direccted at men has been launched to the market. Little by little the heel will spread to other makes, and then we should see the prices start to come down. Now once blocky heels are being worn more regularly, then you will be able to incorporate womens shoes into the mix with their higher and more slender heels and be seen as fashion progressive and not fetish. Attitudes of society take years to change, it will help if you join in and wear such shoes, even if you don't like the block heels and want to only wear stilettos (I can relate to that position very easily), because the more 2.5" block and cuban heels are seen around, they become normal and so going up another 1/2-1" is easier as will the more slender heel. Higher heels of the block/cuban style upto 3" may not be mainstream, but could easily become so, I somehow don't think we will ever witness full 4" stiletto heels in the mens section. I would love to see the total freedom to dress as Heel-Lover does become the norm. The light is definiately at the end of the tunnel, it is just an extreemly long tunnel. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Those are some great boots. Fluevogs are usually very well made. And for the rest of the folks out there, think of how much easier things would be if legions of men wore these boots?

If "legions of men" were to buy and wear Fluevogs shoes/boots, it would really make the parent manufacturing company happy......like --- $$$ millionaire happy.

;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Today I came across some beautiful boots from Fluevog (never heard of before) while browsing on Zappos.

I immediatly looked for their website and found these great and sexy looking boots - made for Men:

http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w%5B0%5D=attribute%3AMens&w%5B1%5D=order%3Afresh&p=1&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=2471

The boots are available in three colors (I somehow prefer the silver) and have a nice 2.5" heel.

Although "a little" pricey I would buy them immediately if I could be sure about the size.

Hope to see some more styles like this from other companies as well...

Pricey indeed Daytona.

Seeing as the GBP is so deperessed these days, you would do well to look at www.archieeyebrows.co.uk as they are selling a nice range of 2.5" heels (not 6cm as they quote, but more like 7cm) and the prices are much more reasonable. Nte the web prices are inaccurate and you should phone or email for an accurate price. E.g. the Lenny boot is shown as £240, but is £175 in the shop. If you come to London, then you can goto Tom Baker's shop in Soho http://www.tombakerlondon.com/index15.html and buy them there. Warning, buy one size up from your regular EU size.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Thighboots 2 (Simon) and I have similar taste and, as usual, I agree with his comments above. I like this style of 'beatle boot' - see my avatar; I have that boot. Just as well, as there is not much choice in the UK for those wanting wearable heels that are not obviously feminine in sizes above UK10.

I wouldn't personally wear the Fluevog boots as I'm not keen on either the silver or the grained leather models. And $300 is far too much to pay when several UK sources do cuban-heeled 'beatle' boots for £60 - 70, in addition to the designer styles mentioned by Simon.

As Simon says: 'Higher heels of the block/cuban style up to 3" may not be mainstream, but could easily become so', to which I would add my hope that it would then be only a small step (no pun) to having slightly higher and slimmer heels - neither a full 4" nor stiletto - as an acceptable and available (and, one hopes, affordable) male fashion. ;-)

Well, as said I would order them only if I am sure about the size or if it would be easy to return them if they do not fit. In general I prefer higher quality shoes than a big quantity of them. Although I do not know the quality of these boots either.

I have many $80-$150 very high-quality boots and shoes that fit great, are very well made, have lasted a long time, look terrific, and will last another decade.

But if you feel you're getting that much more by spending an additional $250-$300, please go ahead and make yourself happy.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Seeing as the GBP is so deperessed these days, you would do well to look at www.archieeyebrows.co.uk as they are selling a nice range of 2.5" heels (not 6cm as they quote, but more like 7cm) and the prices are much more reasonable.

They are clearly mens shoes, as they start in size 42. Even if you take one off,

they are way too big for me. I will happily buy similar shoes at the womens part

of the shop for much less.

But it makes me happy to see that heels like that which I have on several boots

are now available as mens shoes. It also made my wife very happy to see this.

This way, if any of her friends were to see me and later make remarks to her, she

can explain that this is an upcoming fashion.

(and if necessary even point to the web site).

It may be a good idea for those of us who still have to tell their wife about their heels,

to keep a link to this page.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 2 years later...

And whats frustating is that while they are made in Europa(Portugal to be precise) We have to import them to here with lots of extra costs. (taxes etc) Is the same with shoes from Solestruck as they are often made in Spain.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Dam! What a great time to chose to go back to collage with out the latest trends.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh! :):):silly: Maby I will see how much I have left after all the bills are paid from the student loans.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 2 weeks later...