hello

dheel

Hello everyone. I finally decided to register after lurking for quite a long time. First of all, I'd like to say that I really admire all of you for not being afraid to be yourselves. I am a 27 year old male, and I have a very strong interest in wearing women's shoes. I've had this "fetish" as long as I can remember. But because I've always been very shy and introverted, I've never had the guts to wear women's shoes in public. And as time goes by, I find myself becoming more and more frustrated. And it's getting to the point where I don't know how to deal with the frustration anymore. I tend to dress very conservatively, and I have spent my entire life trying not to be noticed. I've always been somewhat depressed, and socially awkward. Sometimes it's difficult just going out in public at all! So suddenly changing my style and doing something completely against the norm is just not an option for me - I'm just too afraid to be noticed. But I get very jealous whenever I see girls around wearing cute, stylish shoes. I think men's shoes are so ugly! For example, I see the girl who lives next door walk by in these cute slip-on clog-type shoes, making that terrific "clack-clack" sound on the hard ground, and nobody else who sees her thinks twice about it. And I desparately wish I could wear shoes like that without anyone thinking it's unusual. I want it to be socially acceptable, but it's not - and that's where the frustration comes in. I know there's nothing immoral about wearing high heels. What difference does it make what you wear on your feet? It doesn't hurt anyone. But I guess I'm still not convinced that there is nothing wrong with it. I wonder if there is something about it that is simply not masculine, and I guess I worry about what that says about me. Maybe it means I'm not a real "man". So, even though I'm sure it's not *morally* wrong, I'm not convinced that it isn't *biologically* wrong. I guess that kind of disturbs me. The other big problem I have is that it is a sexual turn-on for me, and I wonder if it is appropriate to be doing something in public that causes me to be excited sexually. I mean, many guys are sexually aroused by women's breasts - but if a guy decided to get breast implants for himself, and walked around feeling himself up all day, wouldn't there be something wrong with that? Another issue is that I'm not a stylish person, so it would be hard to claim that I am just expressing my own style by wearing women's shoes - because nothing else I wear expresses any unique sense of style. And of course I don't have the guts to shop in the women's department! And even when I do try on women's shoes (at home, or at a friend's house), even I have to admit that it looks kind of silly. I can't honestly claim that I look good in women's shoes. I love to wear them, I think they are great fun, they feel terrific - but it just seems so unusual, that I can't go through with it. And yet despite all this, I still want to do it. I see my neighbors, I see girls at work, and I think, "God, I wish I could dress like that!" So anyway, sorry for the really long post my first time here. I just wonder if anyone has any advice on how to deal with the frustration. Because I've been living with it for a very long time, and it is literally torture sometimes. Thanks

"No matter what they say"

Will it take you 45 years to realize that you only live (on this earth at least) once, and how regretful you will be on your deathbed when you realize that you let YOU squander your existence letting yourself be sad and depressed by what you thought all the other weasels in the world might think??? :x

Or will it be 70 years? :lol:

Or will it be 28? :(

Read my signature, and take it to heart!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

No one who knows you will think less of you if you suddenly become a snappy or trendy, or even avant garde dresser, they'll just ask you why it took you so long to come out of your shell.

It might even be the best time to start wearing hi-heeled (boots at least, with somewhat chunky heels) footwear--the rest of your clothing will be such a shock that they probably won't even notice the heels.

Remember that the best place to hide something, especially from the masses, is in plain sight.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

dheel Hi, God where do I begin with this. I really feel for you. My best friend has been going through the same thing. :o It isn't going to be easy but you can take it one step at a time (excuse the pun). Even if you dress conservatively I guess like most people you own a pair of jeans? If so why not start with some chunky heeled boots? That is what I'm hoping to coax my friend into as, like Azraelle, think boots are an easier starter as they usually have a kind of masculine quality even when 4". The hardest thing is when we are shy because we tend to think that people are constantly judging and looking at us, but the truth is they are so wrapped up in their lives they hardly really notice us and our subtle changes. Mostly teenagers go through some kind of alterego stage due to the fact that most teenagers are painfully shy (I was) - whether New Romantic, punk (me), rock (me), glam rock, goth (would have liked to), geek (me at times) or miserable (not me although my mum my say differently) like Harry Enfields character 'Kevin' :( I think it's a metamorphis stage we go through until we discover who we really are, then we come out of it and hopefully flourish with more confidence. Some of us don't go through that stage or if you are like me you are constantly going through some stage or another simply because I like changing who I am (appearance wise) and I quite like waking people up :) There are so many ways in which we can visually express ourselves out there, and unfortunately us girlies have way more choice so I think it is about time you guys make a stand for yourselves and say "I have a right to dress how I want" too. If you change and become more the person you really are you will find people will mostly react to you in a positive way anyway which will give you more confidence to explore even more. If anyone objects then they are not really your friends afterall as a true friend would support you in anything you choose to be or wear. So in a positive way you would really see where you stand in friends hearts. I'm glad you have joined this group as everyone here is so nice and I'm sure will support you in your venture to become the butterfly you are inside. :lol: Please keep us posted of your progression as I'm sure your quest will help my friend too. Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Hi dheel Take comfort that everything you're feeling has been felt a million times before, by everyone who ever felt a bit different from most others. In the big scheme of things a guy prefering to wear what is considered a girls style of shoe is really not a big deal. If you've been reading the posts as a guest and now you've registered, you've taken a positive step. Take your time about things. Get used to wearing heels around the house so you can walk confidently. Like Julietta said, go for a chunky boot under long jeans. If you want, get them reheeled with a softer, quieter rubber. Get a black T-shirt with the band of your choice on the front and a denim jacket. Think rock star. You'll be too nervous at first to need to be concerned about being aroused so don't worry about that. First time, put your trainers on, grab your boots, get in your car or on a bus and visit a nearby town. (If you're near London, Camden's a good bet. Very bohemian.) Put your boots on and go for a wander. If you can walk naturally in them, I guarantee nobody will notice. I'd also wager that you won't be putting your trainers on for the return journey. Like the Dr Pepper ad', what's the worst that could happen? (Actually not like the Dr Pepper ad' at all. Bad example that one.) This is a great place to chat to like minded people, who as I'm sure you have already discovered aren't freaks. Well, not all of 'em! GFM

Julietta wrote:

The hardest thing, when we are shy, is we tend to think that people are constantly judging and looking at us, but the truth is they are so wrapped up in their lives they hardly really notice us and our subtle changes.

That statement is so true. More true than anyone can ever imagine. My story is, more or less, the same as yours. These days, men can wear many styles of women’s shoes without any second-guessing. My solution, when I began wearing women’s shoes in public, was to buy several pairs of women’s shoes that look like men’s shoes and could be worn by a man without raising curiosity. That way I could experience the feeling of wearing women’s shoes without anyone knowing it. Loafer style shoes, identical to these: http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_5584efec9e28ced6ea8d39de07ce6e41/i-1.JPG

I have several pair of this style (brown, tan, black and navy) that I wear when going places where a man in heels wouldn't be appropriate. (Usually when visiting clients and to some church events)

http://www224.pair.com/service/224chlog101.JPG would also be a good style to wear in public.

From these styles, as you gain confidence, you can gradually graduate to a higher heel like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2813999743&category=15822

It’s a fact that, with some styles, the only way someone could tell that I was wearing women’s shoes would be to look at the label inside. (Bandalino, Nine West, Mootsie Tootsie, Ann Taylor, Cole Haan, Steve Madden, etc. )

Now, I routinely wear shoes with 3", 3½" and 4" heels without any problems. And, I live in a very conservative part of the USA where deviations from the norm are almost unacceptable.

As has been said many times in this forum, it's all about confidence and familiarity. Confidence gained with experience over a short time. And, as you gain experience, you can actually feel your anxiety diminishing.

I also wear stockings. I usually wear "L'eegswear" silky trouser socks. They come in brown, black, white and blue. (One size fits all) I also wear knee high and thigh high nylon stockings at times because the shoes fit better when wearing nylons.

It’s easy. Try it. You’ll like it. And, after a couple of months, you won’t even think about wearing women’s shoes in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wont do new topic, but say hi to everyone here, as i'm new here too :lol:

Dheel: when i read your text, i thought, what the heck, have i already written here, as your text was excactly as me. (except I'm 25 years, otherwise _excactly_ same)

I have had a pair of 4" high heels for about year, but didn't wear them much becouse i could hardy walk with stiletto heels.

Then i bought myself a pair of knee high boots with wide heel ( http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/hhfc/bo-chacha-Bsw.htm ), and now i have been wearing them 46 hours, but still walking is quite funny, but god I love them. (I have been wearing them only in my house, as there is winter and snow out, so those would be way too slippery, but as spring and summer comes, then maybe) :)

For me high heels is fetish, and many times i wear rubber-clothes with them too.

ps. hope you understand, my english sucks, but it really is not my native language :(

But I get very jealous whenever I see girls around wearing cute, stylish shoes. I think men's shoes are so ugly! For example, I see the girl who lives next door walk by in these cute slip-on clog-type shoes, making that terrific "clack-clack" sound on the hard ground, and nobody else who sees her thinks twice about it. And I desparately wish I could wear shoes like that without anyone thinking it's unusual.

Dheel, I know exactly how you feel. I get so frustrated and jealous of girls/women when I think "Why can't I wear shoes like that and be accepted the way she is?".

The truth is, sad though it may be, is that I don't think men will ever be accepted wearing heels in the same way women are. There's not a lot that can be done about that, unfortunately. The only thing you can do is as other people have suggested, and just start wearing what you want. Start off with something fairly modest in height and style, and work from there. Eventually you will find something with which you are comfortable. If you're comfortable with the way you're dressing, then that's great! Don't let anyone else spoil it for you - be who you are. Nobody can critise you for that, and no one else is going to be you (as Laurie's signature says!), so you might as well do it!

You've done a good thing by contacting this forum. There are loads of people here who can offer lots of helpful advice. I probably wouldn't have gone out in the public to buy heels, let alone wear them if it wasn't for this board.

Don't be afraid to express yourself in what you wear. And don't be afraid to post around on the board either! We're all friendly... and we don't bite, honest! :lol:

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

My signature says a lot more than that! Anyway... Even I can be jealous of what other women are wearing. Not in a malicious way, mind you, but at times I wish for more money so I could purchase some knee boots that seem to be the rage right now. However, I wear much higher heels than all of them do, so it becomes an issue of "I love the look of those boots, but they need a five inch stiletto heel". Still, while I have been quite casual during my recovery from surgery, many women out there have been well dressed, and I feel frustrated. So it even happens to the stiletto goddess types. Dheel, don't feel alone. :lol: You're in the right place.

Hello dHeel

Hello everyone. I finally decided to register after lurking for quite a long time.

Way to go!

First of all, I'd like to say that I really admire all of you for not being afraid to be yourselves.

In my case at least it had to be built up, so you just have to go through the acceptance process.

I am a 27 year old male, and I have a very strong interest in wearing women's shoes. I've had this "fetish" as long as I can remember. But because I've always been very shy and introverted, I've never had the guts to wear women's shoes in public. And as time goes by, I find myself becoming more and more frustrated. And it's getting to the point where I don't know how to deal with the frustration anymore.

Just wearing them is the best way. Once you are over your initial fear it will become a second nature.

I tend to dress very conservatively, and I have spent my entire life trying not to be noticed. I've always been somewhat depressed, and socially awkward. Sometimes it's difficult just going out in public at all! So suddenly changing my style and doing something completely against the norm is just not an option for me - I'm just too afraid to be noticed.

That is a lifestyle people usually not choose for, but end up in due to circumstances in their lives. I don't know your situation so it's kind of hard to speculate what caused it, but I reckon that you will feel better if you learn to be comfortable expressing yourself!

But I get very jealous whenever I see girls around wearing cute, stylish shoes. I think men's shoes are so ugly! For example, I see the girl who lives next door walk by in these cute slip-on clog-type shoes, making that terrific "clack-clack" sound on the hard ground, and nobody else who sees her thinks twice about it. And I desparately wish I could wear shoes like that without anyone thinking it's unusual. I want it to be socially acceptable, but it's not - and that's where the frustration comes in.

I got that too. But remember, it have always been frustrations that have kickstarted revolutions in this society so it's supposed to be this way!

Today I was waiting for my plane from Brussels to Helsinki to board, while at another gate a plane to Milan was checking in. I was sitting on one of those airport benches enjoying the view of all those women returning to the fashion capital of the world (or one of them, depending who you ask). I was treated to at least 15 gorgeous models of the most fashionable boots, but I didn't want to be too intruisive by using flash, resulting in pictures like this:

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1046477653.jpg

And yes I really wanted to be able to wear those...

I know there's nothing immoral about wearing high heels. What difference does it make what you wear on your feet? It doesn't hurt anyone. But I guess I'm still not convinced that there is nothing wrong with it. I wonder if there is something about it that is simply not masculine, and I guess I worry about what that says about me. Maybe it means I'm not a real "man". So, even though I'm sure it's not *morally* wrong, I'm not convinced that it isn't *biologically* wrong. I guess that kind of disturbs me.

Sooner or later you will learn to use your reputation to your advantage in occasions that benefit from it, but in other ones it is ok just not to care about what something says about you. And what exactly do heeled shoes say about you? That you have bad taste, if mainstream is the norm? They don't get very far with it.

The other big problem I have is that it is a sexual turn-on for me, and I wonder if it is appropriate to be doing something in public that causes me to be excited sexually. I mean, many guys are sexually aroused by women's breasts - but if a guy decided to get breast implants for himself, and walked around feeling himself up all day, wouldn't there be something wrong with that?

That's not the same thing. Most countries have laws defining what is obscene, and wearing heels is not among those in any country that I know of. There are people who get turned on by looking at things that are not defined as obscene and that is ok as long as they keep it to themselves. So, if guys wearing heels would be harmful to society, there would be laws against it.

It is also very likely that the sexual urge will go away rather soon. I also had such a thing in the beginning but now I just like great boots :lol:

Another issue is that I'm not a stylish person, so it would be hard to claim that I am just expressing my own style by wearing women's shoes - because nothing else I wear expresses any unique sense of style. And of course I don't have the guts to shop in the women's department!

You don't have to be "stylish" to have an own style. If you wear what makes you feel good, there is nobody who has the right to tell you not to do so. So if you express your style by wearing jogging pants with high heel shoes, then so be it!

And even when I do try on women's shoes (at home, or at a friend's house), even I have to admit that it looks kind of silly. I can't honestly claim that I look good in women's shoes. I love to wear them, I think they are great fun, they feel terrific - but it just seems so unusual, that I can't go through with it.

You're comparing to what you consider the norm or the heels are higher than usually, no wonder it looks kind of odd. But be persistent and a whole world will open up. If you live in a western country, it would be a shame if you wouldn't pursue your rights!!

Good luck

Bert

Edited img to URL as the pic could cause horizontal scroll on some screens

FF

What's all the fuss about?

My signature says a lot more than that!

I picked out the bit relavent to the point I was making :lol:

Even I can be jealous of what other women are wearing. Not in a malicious way, mind you, but at times I wish for more money so I could purchase some knee boots that seem to be the rage right now. However, I wear much higher heels than all of them do, so it becomes an issue of "I love the look of those boots, but they need a five inch stiletto heel".

I do that with women's shoes too... I see someone wearing some nice shoes with a low heel and think "Nice shoes, but get some with a higher heel!", so sorta the same thing really...

SH

Welcome dheel. The way I see it, there are two issues that need to be dealt with. This is also how I dealt with this same problem of venturing out in public. First of all, you need to satisfy a desire. And second, you need to gain confidence. I think that if you concentrate on the first step, it will help you with the second step. I would first look for private areas out in the country or in urban areas where you are not known. Then take short walks and enjoy being outdoors in your heels. You will be surprised at what affect this will have on building your confidence. Always be aware that the pleasure of the moment far outweighs any negative looks or comments you might receive. When the looks an comments come from strangers, that is much easier to deal with than if they came from people you know. So in the early stages, stay in areas where you are less likely to bump into someone you might know. Then you will find yourself becoming more daring and seeking out other less private areas. Eventually, I suspect you will reach a level of confidence where you won't care what others think or feel. That's when you can lift the restrictions and wear your heels anywhere you like. An alternative is to resort to wearing simple disguises to hide your true identity. This could be something simple like scarves, dark glasses, large hats, etc.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but for some reason I do. I just wouldn't like all the attention I would get. I just dread the idea of people looking at me, or whispering to their friends about me, or making comments to me. I get embarrassed very easily. I don't want to be the topic of conversation at work or in my apartment building. I don't want to be the center of attention in a public place. So in a way, high heels are incompatible with my personality. But at the same time, I desparately want to wear them on a regular basis! I know I'm a little paranoid - I'm sure that in a crowded public place, most people wouldn't notice me at all. But I would still be constantly afraid that at any time, someone COULD notice. And if one person noticed and said something, others might hear them and then they would notice too. And suddenly I've got all this attention, and I don't know how to deal with it. I would constanly have to be dealing with people. I can't do that. It's hard enough to deal with people when I'm dressed in a way they find normal! The sad part is, I live in Los Angeles, probably one of the top places in the world for a guy in women's shoes to be socially acceptable. (I moved out here a couple years ago from Wisconsin.) So if I'm still afraid to be myself HERE of all places, then I don't see how there's any hope for me at all.

dheel; I believe that every fear can be overcome. It just depends upon how badly you want to conquer it. Here is another alternative. Find someone with a similar interest and go out together so you can support each other. One place you might look is where transvestites or crossdressers congregate. I would think they are more common in your area than males wearing high heels.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Okay, this is a little out there, maybe, and is in no way intended to stir up controversy. Dheel, you are worried about being in public places, and you mention that you have problems with such things when you are dressed, as you say, normal. Have you ever considered that a doctor might be able to help? As a long time sufferer of anxiety, I know that finding help can make a difference. If it were only the wearing of the shoes that made you feel out of place in public, I would certainly just encourage you to stand up to society. But as you are shy and said "It's hard enough to deal with people when I'm dressed in a way they find normal!" I must think that there may be another issue here. Just something to consider. You never know what might be going on with the chemicals in your brain.

Hi dheel. I think there's quite a difference between total cross dressing ad wearing heels. The latter is quite socially acceptable, at least in the UK. You will need to wear shoes that you think you look good in and there are plenty of heeled styels that will suit you. You can be more or less avant garde depending upon occasion. Cehck out http://heels.cjb.net

I just dread the idea of people looking at me, or whispering to their friends about me, or making comments to me. I get embarrassed very easily. I don't want to be the topic of conversation at work or in my apartment building. I don't want to be the center of attention in a public place. So in a way, high heels are incompatible with my personality. But at the same time, I desparately want to wear them on a regular basis!

I am exactly the same way. Laurie may have a point too. I took Zoloft for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder symptoms for a couple of years until the side effects got the better of me (mainly insomnia), but another side effect was that it kind of "flattened" the extremely unpleasant response to embarassment that I used to get. That's how the anti-depressant drugs work (Zoloft is prescribed for that too): Imagine all your mental highs and lows like a kind of "sine wave" that oscillates very high and very low--the drugs sort of "clip" off the tips so that you get very shallow changes between sadness and happiness--it's not all that pleasant, but it beats the alternative if you're depressed. Anyway, while taking it I found that embarassment wasn't as "embarassing" as it used to be, and it helped me to deal with my shyness somewhat, even when I quit taking it. I have also found other, more natural (and more easily available, e.g. over-the-counter) substances that have much the same effect--without the side effects.

Try these for starters: L-Tyrosine, Pregnenolone, Phosphatidyl-Serine (& -Choline), Ma Huong (ephedrine), Vinpocetine, St. John's Wort, Vitamin B-12 in 2500 or 5000 microgram tablets (you may be part of a segment of the population whose digestive systems absorb B-12 much less efficiently than normal--they need megadoses just to absorb the recommended daily allowance--I noticed an amazing difference in my decision-making ability within 45 minutes of trying it the first time!), 5-HTP (5-HydroxyTryptoPhan) (preferably about 4 hours before going to bed), DMAE (DiMethylAminoEthanol), Siberian Ginseng, Huperzine, and Mexican Wild Yam (normally taken by women for it's natural estrogen properties, but I've noticed a lessening of social anxiety with it).

Hiya. I know what you mean about lacking style &c - I had to take lessons in looking okay before stepping out the door, and this isn't an easy one. My advice would be to try wedge heels, as they're a lot more subtle. Then go for it and have a wild outfit on. That way, no-one will notice the heels. But I and many others here wear heels while dressed as men out and about, and the very worst reaction I've ever had was a severe giggling! Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk some more. Whereabouts are you? You might like to meet up with some other members of the board for a chat over a pint or two. I usually turn up in most places in the UK every so often!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

To Laurie and azraelle - I am actually taking Wellbutrin for depression. It seems to help a little bit, but not much. It certainly doesn't make me any less embarrassed when I venture into a shoe store. For example, I stopped into a Ross store today (Saturday afternoon), but the shoe section was was so crowded with teenagers that I was afraid to even get caught looking at the women's shoe racks as I walked by! There is no way I could have tried on shoes without being noticed. And the type of people in there - I could tell that they were the type who wouldn't hesitate to make fun of me or laugh. I've never had the guts to try on women's shoes in a store. What's the best day/time to shop, when the stores aren't so crowded? The other frustrating part about it, is that even if I had the guts to wear the type of shoes I want, it is really hard to find regular, stylish, everyday type of women's shoes in my size. I wear a 10 mens', which is usually a 12 womens. Most places only go up to 10 womens. And online stores that go up to 12 only sell ultra-high fetish heels. Payless and Ross seem to be my only options. Yamyam - I'm in Los Angeles, not the UK.

Often the best time to go in stores is on a weekday, betweek about 10-11, that way it's before some people will be up (if they have days off), it's before lunch hour shopping, before the afternoon rush after aforementioned people wake up, and it's before the end of school and work. Do Ross Shoes have a website? SH

Do Ross Shoes have a website?

They have a website, but you can't buy online or even browse their products. It's basically only useful as a store locator.

Dheel, am I able to ask the mg of Welbutrin you take, or is that getting too personal?

I'm taking 100mg. I've been on it for about a month. I'll be meeting with the psychiatrist again in a couple weeks, so I'm going to ask him about bumping up the dosage.

I've never been a big fan of medication. It took me a couple years to even consider it as an option. I don't think you can just pop a pill and make all your problems go away. But I don't know, I'll stick with it for a while and see what happens.

DHeel,

(At least) For us Swedes is a homepage called:

http://fass.nu and also (previously not so detailed fass.se)

which is the medicians and farmacepts "Bible" here in our country, previously only available as a yearly updated (real) book.

Here you can read (possibly in other languages than Swedish, else try Altavistas "Babelfish" on the relevant pages...) everything about a certain substance (Zoloft has been mentioned, and that name is used here too) but to be sure, look for the name of the active ingredient in your own medicine of interest. They spell out the symtoms which are supposed to be cured, the correct minimum/maximum dosage for various symtoms, interactions with other substances, possible risks for foetuses and/or mothers breast feeding their babies, and any known side effects classed as common, few, and very few cases heard of.

I made a search for Welbut (which is enough, I could have only used the first letter in the name and gotten a longer list...), but got no matches, so if you are not up to it yourself, just post the active substances name(s) here, and I'll search and translate whatever relevant for you.

BTW fass.nu is apparently closed and refers to fass.se and the Ikon at the upper right: Fass.se for forskrivare (medically knowledgeable) should be your first choice unless you want a censored information for the mentally impaired, like: These are pills and you should put them in your mouth, then swallow them with the help of drinking a glass of water ASAP...

TallSwede

TallSwede wrote:

At least) For us Swedes is a homepage called:

http://fass.nu and also (previously not so detailed fass.se)

which is the medicians and farmacepts "Bible" here in our country, previously only available as a yearly updated (real) book.

There is a similar book here in the United States. It's called Worst Pills, Best Pills...and can be found at http://www.worstpills.org/

You might have to play around with the website before you find descriptions of drugs and their side affects. However, it's a good reference source (My wife is a nurse and she often referes to the print edition)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, FASS here in Sweden *is* the MD's and pharmacists *bible* it lists the drugs/substances that are legal to proscribe and/or deliver from a pharmacy. There might be *SPECIAL* exceptions like amphetamines for kids with *damp*, for example, but generally if it is not in FASS it should not be in your pockets... TallSwede

dheel - Your description of yourself sounds like me many years ago, with no girl friends at the time and many of my male friends having moved :lol: . The only solution for depression I found was to find a girl. It isn't easy, but I finally found one, who was my first wife. I tried church groups, etc., etc., etc., and met her in a group therapy session!!! You need someone who likes you and wants to be with you. Of course, you need to be nice, romantic, and interesting with the right person :) . Heels are something else. The ONLY solution is to wear them :o . Suppressing it is tough and the desire is always there. All my dreams were fulfilled with my second wife, the BW. Keep looking, know that God is within you and has given you (and us) dominion over all the earth. Exercise that dominion! :( Enough preaching! On with the heels!

[quote name='"dheel

I'm taking 100mg. I've been on it for about a month. I'll be meeting with the psychiatrist again in a couple weeks, so I'm going to ask him about bumping up the dosage. [/quote']

From what I remember from a discussion I had with a one of my doctors about Welbutrin for quitting smoking (not for me, I've never smoked), a person can take up to 300mg. The products such as Zyban actually contain about 300mg of the drug used to help a person deal with quitting smoking.

So I would suggest that if the meds made a small difference before, pump it up, and see how it goes.

You may feel that popping a pill does not solve problems, but you have to know that the brain is this very complex and easily influenced thing. Having a pill regulate brain chemicals does wonders. Sure, you need to put in some effort to take advantage of the effects, but a pill can make a difference.

Squirrel said:

Well said BobHH. Very well said indeed

Ditto. Your BW was a lucky lady BobHH.

Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"