3d modeling and animation

I'd love to see som 3-D graphics of some shoes or walking styles. What about those website where you can view the shoe and rotate it etc all in 3-D? _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-06 02:31 ]</font>

On 2002-02-06 02:31, Firefox wrote:

I'd love to see som 3-D graphics of some shoes or walking styles. What about those website where you can view the shoe and rotate it etc all in 3-D?

there are some shoes like that on

http://www.extravaganza.de/Shop/indexa.htm

I'm about to model my dream shoes in 3d, I have just started the project. Since my system is pretty slow I can only model basic things.

Debbie, I think Trolldeg prefers wedges to platforms but that wouldn't help you either isn't it.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

You are right there! Trolldeg knows I'm kidding. I'm not a wedgie person either, can't wait to ditch these ones B) Firefox is just about to take off the cowboy boots so I'll have to make do with those for a while until I can progress into something more ladylike :smile: Anyway, back on topic..... do you have any 3D shoe pics Trolldeg? Post 'em up if you have B) Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

• 2 weeks later...

Payless was where I saw the 3-D shoe models too I think. I love the skull in 3-D. I think it's made out of what we call "chequer plate" non-slip steel plate used for structural flooring. < offtopic> PS I think Debbie has a secret platform fetish. She does mention them quite a lot. I think it could be a love-hate thing :smile: < /offtopic> <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-28 19:34 ]</font>

Sorry I've been away Francis. I've E-mailed you with my new E-mail addy so you will have it.

To Trolldeg: Which version of Bryce & 3DSMAX are you using currently? I have Bryce 5.0 and 3DSMAX R3 (I have 4, but have problems getting it to work). This is one of my Bryce pics from my site:

Posted Image

Have a GREAT day, and be well-heeled!

SQ

cybershockqueen@juno.com

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 months later...

Squirrelheels wrote:

I recall seeing 3D rotations of shoes at http://www.payless.com in QuickTime format. QuickTime is quite good when it comes to online 3D stuff. Nothing too fancy on that site though...

SH

An Apple MAC G-3 or G-4 and QTVR-1 software does the trick, along with a cheap kitchen turntable, a decent digital camera, a protractor to mark the angles (about 36, 10 degrees each) is a cheap alternative for making a panoramic view around an object, and the beauty of it is that the program will stitch and optimize the images well enough to make it practical to download it on a 56K modem!

Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-09 00:35 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 months later...

Trolldeg: How large is your Hard Drive(s)? I have a 40GB, which at the time I bought it, seemed astronomical, but now I'm having second thoughts. Do you find you need a lot of HDD space, or for that matter RAM to do your 3D creations? Or do you burn them into CDs to save space? Thanks, AJ

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Trolldeg:

How large is your Hard Drive(s)? I have a 40GB, which at the time I bought it, seemed astronomical, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Do you find you need a lot of HDD space, or for that matter RAM to do your 3D creations?

Or do you burn them into CDs to save space?

Thanks, AJ

I have a 10 GB HD (my computer is 3 years old this august *sob*). My primary upgrade needs are processing power and memory (aiming for p4 2ghz, 512MB DDR). After that I'll look into the storage issue.

• 8 months later...