what heels did you wear to work?

jamie1608

Doing the skirt thing definitely takes more to be able to do than anything else because it's so "out there in their faces". More power to you though, Heel-Lover! Congrats on being able to pull it off!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did nobody wear any heels to work?

I've been wearing my Cloudwalkers ankle boots every day to work since the day they came in the mail - I love them that much!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Jamie, I wear anything between 2.5" - 3.75" block or cuban heels to work every day. It is rare that I wear anything approaching the normal 1" gents heel and has been so now for nearly 2 years. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 months later...

I've been wearing a 3" tapered heel (boots) to work for two weeks now. Didn't get any comments the first few days so decided to ask for feedback. Secretary had noticed and thinks they look good; business partner (female; we go way back) was primarily surprised, but said it's OK. When I wore a different pair the next day she immediately noticed and joked about it (all in good fun). So approximately one year after my first heeling experience everybody knows and is cool about it. Who'd have thunk?!?

All you guys are so lucky to have a choice in what shoes or boots you wear to work....at my work you have to wear regulation steel toe cap safty boots so I don't get the chance to even try to Heel at work :-((

I have a part-time job at one of our branch libraries. Many nights I work alone after a certain time. I do much walking as I do restocking of books, CDs, and DVDs. One night after everyone had left, I put on my Femme Fetiche 6.5" high heels with 1.5" platforms and finished my work that evening in those shoes. I had fun working in them even though no one saw me wearing them.

• 1 year later...

Depending on my outfit, I wear a pump or sandal with four-inch, usually a stiletto heel. I am in a warm climate and thrilled to be able to wear a very open sandal year round. E

HI! eoneleg You must be a southwestern or a Texas gal. These are the only areas that I perceive to be dry and warm enough to wear sandals or pumps all the time. I kind of envy your climate choices. Of course, when it is possible, I would visit the higher elevations of pine trees and mountain streams just to break the monotony and breathe the fresh evergreen scented air. On the other hand, the air is so sweet after a desert rain has cleared the dust and opened the fragrance of the desert foliage.

I have been working as an assistant Document Controller at a mining refinery site for the last 5 months and we are not allowed to wear heels to work because "Safety is the number one priority" ... and even though I have never had to leave the main admin building since I have been there it seems heels are not safe ... maybe because guys will bump into walls or fall over things because they are looking at the heels and not where they are going :-) We are not even allowed to use a mobile phone unless standing still or sitting down. But I always take heels with me and have often just put them on in the motel room in the evening and a few times have gone to the motel restaurant for dinner just so I could wear my heels 'out' then but it is sort of a little scary being in a restaurant at a table by yourself (but the heels help add confidence). Christine.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be going in to work in the city in the Central Park building for two days next week (Mon and Tues) and the thought of getting to wear heels in an office for a change (I normally work on site and have to wear safety boots) is exciting. I can't wait. It is basically two days of training so I will be stuck in a training room most of the time but there are morning and afternoon breaks and a 1 hour lunch break where I can go down and get coffee and lunch. It is autumn here but not cold. Days are 25C. Trying to decide if to wear jeans, which sort of seems more correct for just training, or a skirt and then I can work out which heels to wear. It is Saturday tomorrow and I am going over to the Galleria in Morley to see what new heels are around. If I buy somehing then that might help me make up my mind about jeans or skirt. But anyway ... excited about getting to wear heels into the city again even if it is only for two days. Christine.

Wow, if I had that to look forward to I'd be so excited too. Enjoy! And do let us know what outfits/shoes you pick... it's great that it's two days so you can try two looks. I remember once I went on a training course and the girls went shoe-shopping at lunchtime. I wished I could've gone with them and we could all have worn our new heels for the rest of the day, that would be so cool.

If you like it, wear it.

I finally pulled out some of my sandals, Its been unseasonalbly cool and wet here.Today I wore a pair of strappy black 4 inch heels. Its nice to get your feet into the sunshine.

Most anything with a four-inch heel except "stripper" platforms or something with a lot of ornamentation. I am in a warm climate so I can enjoy a nice sandal year-round as well.

I finally pulled out some of my sandals, Its been unseasonalbly cool and wet here.Today I wore a pair of strappy black 4 inch heels. Its nice to get your feet into the sunshine.

Sounds like the pacific northwest where we have had one of the coldest springs on record. No sandals for me yet this year.