Your first time out wearing heels

misterd73

The cool thing about being born in NYC is that it's an open minded town. My first time wearing heels in public. Was to a club in 5" chunk heel, knee-high boots and I was hooked from there. I know that some live in small towns and can't go in public. But I'm hoping that one day no matter where we live we can walk down the street in high heels.

I started streetheeling few moths ago. Today morning I first time tried to walk with fully visible heels. I walked in the centre of the city two kilometers without any big reactions.

Here are these boots: http://img255.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=72227_IMG_4617_122_599lo.jpg

Congratulations. Keep up the GREAT effort.

Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm not even sure what to consider as my first time out wearing heels. Have been gradually building up my confidence and expanding my comfort zone. Here is my (long) story: I got started about 5 years ago with unisex traditional Swedish style 2'' clogs, with some platform. Ok, these are not heels, but still rather uncommon and freaky footwear for a man. I have been liking this style since childhood. They were once very popular in the early 80's, and lot of kids, mostly girls but a few boys as well, were wearing these to primary school. Now, 5 years ago i noticed these on sale in Helsinki, Finland. Visited the store several times to see them, until (after a short and very encouraging phone call to my wife) i decided that heck, i WILL buy AND wear whatever i like, no matter what. That was an important milestone. So i wore them in my hotel room and put them on next day to office. I was very nervous, fearing that i get a lot of attention. Also, it was initially not too easy to walk on these blocks of wood -- very different feeling from my "normal" shoes. Got some positive attention and was very excited by the end of the day. If it wasn't so exciting, i would probably have ended the experiment there and return to my old shoes. But i put on the clogs on the next and following days as well, there was no question about that. Over the following years i got used to them. I now keep these as my office shoes for the wintertime, and also sometimes walk on these in the summertime as well. There is still some feeling of the initial excitement left when i step on these but i'm now dreaming of a pair with similar style but higher heels :winkiss: A couple of years ago we had been some time in salsa dance classes together with my wife, and i noticed in a dance store a pair of men's oxford-style latino dancing shoes -- with 2'' cuban heels. Of course i had to get them (even if i was afraid that my dancing is not at that level yet). Put them on at home for practice -- although the heel is just 2'', it still feels like a heel, because these shoes have very thin soles. So i was nervous and excited again when i put these on at the next class. Nobody commented and seemed to notice, except the teacher who just said that these are very good shoes. Since then, i've been happily wearing these in the salsa class every week. The next big step forward came last year, when i was working in Tampere, Finland, for a few months. Visited a shoe museum there featuring footwear made in or near Tampere from early history til today. There i noticed a few examples of men's platform shoes with some 4-5'' heels made in the 1970's. I was very amazed (i was aware that men wore platforms in 70's but not that they also wore that high heels) and realized that high heels are not women-only thing. Thus i started to think that why not wear heels today, AS A MAN? Went on to search the internet for men's high heels. Found this forum, and also bought a nice pair of 1970's brown oxfords with 2,5'' block heels on eBay. I was already quite confident and not so nervous the first time i went out on these. Reading and contributing to this forum was another big boost of confidence. Very soon i was able to discuss with my family and friends that i like high heels, and was already very often walking on 4'' stacked heel clogs at home. The next step, about a month and half ago, was going out with 4'' stacked heel loafers. They are black and rather masculine-looking, so i guess most people don't immediately think that they are "women's" shoes. Have been out with these several times now: to restaurant, to department stores, to supermarkets, to kindergarden, to car dealership, to a long walk in the Tallinn Old Town, etc., but always together with my wife. I was not at all nervous when walking by my wife's side (and holding her in my arm), and i guess the people are much less likely to show a reaction or give a comment when i'm heeling together with a nice-looking lady. Did see a few rather positive reactions, though. I'm feeling not yet confident enough to go out with these alone or to work. That would be another step forward. The last step forward so far came two weeks ago. That was going to work wearing the 2,5'' block oxfords. I was not nervous at all, as i had been wearing these out quite a lot already, but still expected a lot of reactions by my co-workers. That's what i got. Several co-workers wanted to see the shoes, and the most extravert guy in our sales department even invited other people from the far away corners of the office to check out my shoes, and occasionally touched this topic during the whole day. The ladies seemed to be especially positive. I expected and even enjoyed this attention (isn't it one reason to wear heels -- to get attention? :clap:). I have now been wearing these shoes to work for several days and everyone is used to that. The next step would be to wear something higher to work, but i feel not ready for this yet. One more little "achievement" i made during the last week was being on heels for the whole day for the first time: - 4'' stacked clogs at home in the morning after shower and dressing - 2,5'' block to work, to kindergarden, on my way and back home - 4'' stacked clogs for a short time at home again - 4'' stacked loafers from home to salsa class - 2'' cuban at the salsa class - 4'' stacked from the class to home - 4'' stacked clogs at home till going to bed Never touched any flat footwear on that day, and my feet were very happy by the end of the day, not tired or painful at all. Sorry for the long story, and happy heeling :silly: k6ps