rubber shoes?

r1g0r

i'd like to find some shoes made of rubber/latex/etc... not the usual gardening clog type things, but something snug-fitting and rubberized on the inside. i envision something that fits like a ballet slipper, but with some type of durable outer sole (for street wear). since this is an experiment of sorts, and i don't expect to find the right feel/look right off the bat, i'd like to keep costs down as much as possible (so failures don't deplete the retirement fund :thumbsup: ). i will also be checking into rubber socks. any and all input from y'all is appreciated. 10-Q

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Try dipping your foot in liquid latex. If you do it a number of times (waiting for it to partially cure between each coat you should get something close to what you have in mind. You could use the sole from a pair of flip-flips as the sole, put it on as you're waiting for the last coat to dry...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

OOOOOOOOooooooooooo................ i'd never thought of that! how kinky :thumbsup: , i love it! now, i wonder how it would work if the latex was still wet when you put on a pair of shoes. oh, i gotta get some latex, and rubber socks, and shoes, and... god, i'm gonna be busy! :welcome: 10Q both!

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear r1g0r

May I suggest looking at Melissa shoes. They are technically a thermoplastic but the actual properties are very much like rubber. - oh, but they smell like candy sweets!

There appears to be a main Melissa website which directs you to various countries, the best one I could find that had a decent range that you could actually buy from is Australia; http://www.melissaaustralia.com.au/

I'm still interested in the 3 Straps by Vivienne Westwood

Hope something takes your fancy

Big D