My Name is Julie and.......

Francis I think I have a real problem as it is permanently on whilst I am at work :lol: there is so much here that I try to read as many threads as I can. Everyone here is so cool too. Glad I'm not the only one though :( Jxx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Is there a point when it stops being an addiction and becomes something more serious? I may be there. I check these forums a lot, quite often, and it seems like a really good quick fix. I dart in, fire off a few quick typed and well worded posts, and I scamper away. Fifteen minutes later, I am back again to have another look... We're all addicted and worse. But thankfully, it is not so hazardous to our health. I say that we all enjoy a good healthy fix every day!

I don't visit when I'm at work, but I do get rather miffed if I can't catch up every night. So I'm nearly addicted, I suppose :lol: But then, this is a way cool place, crammed full of exciting people, and full of great conversations, so I guess there are worse things to be hooked on :(!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I have to agree--this place IS addicting. There is some irony here--being addicted to a support group!!! Low Heels Anonymous, perhaps? Cheers. :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I realised I had a problem last week when I had time off and had to keep popping round to people with computers with the pretence of "can I check my emails" :lol: and what do I do first thing this morning on arriving on the hospital ward? Well here I am and I will be here until I leave at 3. Great isn't it :(

Let calm be widespread

I now have a lap top to have with me when visiting sites whilst at work so I'm never far away from seeing what is going on in the discussions. Its the same compulsion that makes me seek out shoe shops in towns where I stay when on an 'overnight' Suzy

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

I apologize for not having noticed your uplifting poetical sig b4 now suzy. Just thought I'd thank you for it--it was what I needed tonight.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I now have a lap top to have with me when visiting sites whilst at work so I'm never far away from seeing what is going on in the discussions. Its the same compulsion that makes me seek out shoe shops in towns where I stay when on an 'overnight'

Suzy

Me too! OK, maybe I am an addict :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...

I am very good at controlling my urges. I only visit this place once a week. I log on on Sunday and log off on Saturday. :rofl:

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 3 months later...

The doc said that it's an uncurable disease, with only light relief possible by constantly thinking about HIGH HEELS....... HELP ME, Ruud.

Quite correct, just change thinking about into wearing and you won't need help anymore. Give it some time, you'll relax soon. Courage, Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Sadly, Ruud, the only thing we can do is to talk about heels... this may make matters yet worse :wink: Still, all we can do is to try, eh?

I'm sure there is something I should be saying about model railways and one track minds, but I can't work out a decent pun. Still, it's only 7:40am, proving that I must be a total addict too, as I only powered the computer on to write a CD I'd promised a friend. Oops :wink:

JC you are in the right place then as all addicts should stick together so we can feed each others habits :D:wink:

Let calm be widespread

Oooooooh you little fibber Jeffrey :D:wink: you are just as bad as the rest of us :wink:although I agree with you on Yam's quote too

Let calm be widespread

Shows the lack of concentration at work :o I didn't quite read Jeff's right I thought I was agreeing to liking yours but after rereading I see I was wrong. On second readings I think I like both actually :D and from those ramblings, if you can fathom them out, I guess I'd better get on with work :wink:

Let calm be widespread