Pre-World Meet Dinner/Club

iloveboots

We have stumbled upon what appears to be the best of all worlds restaurant for the pre-meet get together in London, Friday, Feb 20. We have booked a table for 12 (we can increase if demand is greater than 12) for an 8pm dinner reservation/table.

Name: Ruby Blue

Overlooking Leicester Square, Ruby Blue is right in the centre of London's party scene. Perfectly placed for pre-theatre dinners, night's out and after work drinks.

Address

Leicester Place,

Leicester Square,

London,

WC2H 7BP

Telephone:

020 7287 8050

Fax:

020 7287 0100

http://www.rubybluebar.co.uk

Email:

info@rubybluebar.co.uk

Opening Times:

* Monday to Saturday:

o 5pm - 3am

Please indicate if you plan to be at the dinner so we can gauge the number against the reservation number of 12.

Also Note!! 5inchlover is checking the restaurant/club out to ensure we are all set up correctly and we avoid the issues we ran into last years meet friday pre-meet dinner!!! Thank you 5inchlover!

David

NOTE! Here is our dinner confirmation:

Dear David,

Ruby Blue are pleased to confirm the following reservation:

Reservation ID : 771922

Venue: Ruby Blue

Customer Name: David Fuller

Reservation for: Dinner

Date/Time: 20th Feb '09 at 08:00pm

No of guests: 12

Confirmed Requests:

Thank you for your enquiry. We can certainly accommodate your party in our restaurant for dinner on this night. For groups of 8 or more we offer a set menu. We have 2 courses available for £18.95 and 3 courses for £22.95. I have booked your party in for dinner, you can decide on the evening which option you would like.

Please note there will be a discretionary service of 10% added to your bill.

We look forward to seeing then!

Kind Regards

Basia

Please bring this confirmation along when you come and please ensure your guests are aware of the following door policies.

I.D. will be required if requested, otherwise admission may be refused.

The management reserves the right to refuse admission.

Management reserves the right to ask for photo identification

Click here for more information about Ruby Blue, including a map to the venue:

http://www.rubybluebar.co.uk/location/

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Update on Ruby Blue....just heard back from the Manager, Basia and we are guaranteed our table/seats all night at no extra charge for the bar/club after 10pm. Also, fyi, I leave for vacation/out of the country till Feb 11/09...no access to HHPlace. Cheers till after Feb 11, David

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 5 weeks later...

BUMPING this thread. We need some last minute information on this. If you are willing to attend this dinner, which later guarantees access to their club, please state so. This will enable us to confirm the correct number of guests for our table. So lets see if we can get together a mini hhplace.org "guest list" for the evening: 1. Dr. Shoe 2. Pumps 3. Loveshiheels 4. 5inchlover 5. Heelfan?? 6. Xa? 7. Calv?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Please count me in for the Friday Dinner at 8pm - three courses! (and, of course, I'll be at the Saturday World Heelmeet at the Miller). Should we congregate in there for a pre-meal drink from say, 7.30pm? Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Okay, thanks for everybody's immediate reply. Pending any additional last minute attendees, we have on schedule for Friday night: 1. Heelfan 2. Firefox 3. Dr. Shoe 4. Euchrid 5. Pumps 6. LovesHiHeels 7. 5inlover 8. ChantalTV I'm going to write the restaurant to confirm our reservation. Heelfan, please check your pm box, thanks.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Sorry Everyone, I'm so very, very sorry, but I'm suffering a very severe chest infection and it's now obvious (now Thursday, the day before) that I won't be in any shape to attend the Friday dinner or the Saturday Heel-meet. Sorry to lety you all down, but my apologies to the meal-organiser (now Kneehighs?). (Kneehighs - I tried answering your PM, but my PM was not accepted as your PM inbox is over-full!) Regarding table space, there should be plenty, as David Fuller booked a table for twelve, and there's only about seven or eight of you expected so far, and these London Restarurants are used to being flexible. Regarding identifying each other, simply tell the head waiter that you are with with party booked by David Fuller for 8pm! To make really sure, why not take along with you a print-out of the restaurant's booking confirmation letter from page 1 of this thread! Have a good one all, and so sorry to miss this as last year's was so great! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Since i will be on me way to the airport in a few hours, i wont be able to check this site anymore. Anyway, you can count on me being at the restaurant.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Well we had about 10 in the end. Thanks for organising the venue David. It wasn't too bad. Food a bit pricey for what it was, but quite a nice party atmosphere with a hen night on the table opposite, and a group of 4 very noisy girls behind us. We got talking to to them and they were quite interested and receptive about our footwear. Afterwards we went for drink in Leicester Square. Rob's rubber suit and thigh boots were a hit with the ladies and quite a few photos were taken. Earlier I went round Camden with Euchrid after he had phoned up to get me out of bed! I had been working very late the previous night/morning. We did a mini pub crawl/shopping. Probably had about 6 pints. Met up with Dr Shoe and the guys in Camden. All in all a better day than Saturday.

Well we had about 10 in the end.

Thanks for organising the venue David. It wasn't too bad. Food a bit pricey for what it was, but quite a nice party atmosphere with a hen night on the table opposite, and a group of 4 very noisy girls behind us. We got talking to to them and they were quite interested and receptive about our footwear.

Wait wait... thats not enough. That girl you were talking with was just the most wonderful, gorgeous, positive and openminded girl. As I was saying to 5inchlover, I thought such girls were just a figment of Kneehighs imagination.

Meet Dr shoe and Pumps at 10.30 am at Waterloo. Had a quick look in Honour and then went by bus to Achilles. Changed into my MJ heels on the bus. Had a good 3/4 mile walk to the underground and went to Camden. Had a meel then went shopping. Aldo was the first shop to go into and I found I nice pair of boots that I liked. Just could not do the zip up on 1 leg. Very busy shop but all you have to do is find a pair of shoes you like and the sale person will go and get the right size for you. Must of tried on at least 5 pairs of shoes and boots. Most were a tight fit on me. Also went into some clothes shops and there were some very nice dresses I liked. Aldo in Camden is the only good shoe shop there, all the others apart from Office but I never went in there are rubbish. Meet firefox and the others in the pub.