Do my new boots qualify for the HHPlace?

Bootylicious

Hi all,

today after a long wait I received my 1st pair of custom made Cowboy boots from a classic US boot manufacturer.

Posted Image

Only difference with the picture is that mine have a normal leather inlay on the vamp instead of the shown woven leather. (To keep cost down a bit!)

They are a 100% male boots but I tried to order them a bit spicy with an 18" shaft, 2 1/2" riding heels and pointy X-toes.

Maybe nothing spectacular here at HH but they will still raise eyebrows where I come from. They are made entirely out of leather, incl. the heels and the leather of the vamp and counter is very shiny, almost patent-like.

I had them reserve room for gel soles and they fit perfectly, unbelievable craftmenship. Compared to my Italian Western boots these feel a lot more durable with thicker leather and reinforced toes that look like you can do quite a lot of damage to someone with a stupid comment...

Fortunately I always like going to work but when I decide to put on a pair of boots I can't wait to get up in the morning and tomorrow will be extra special with these new beauties!

hey, give they guy a chance, mate! I do up to 6" heels and luv it, at least bootylicious has had the bollox to join us !

Inch by inch, onwards and upwards !!

He asked for opinion and we are giving it. No Prob.

real men wear heels

Hey, I love them. I have a pair of Tony Lama's in rattlesnake, with 2.5" heel. Also have a pair of White's Smokejumpers, possibly the finest work boot ever made. I wear them when I'm sawing up wood on my farm. Don't think a stiletto heel would work for that. Actually, the Tony's hint at what heels feel like. Your walking gait is similar to mid block heels, just a bit heavier, and you don't have quite the manuverability of a stiletto heel. No, I don't get quite the elegant feel that heels give, the Tony's are a bit heavy, and the White's weigh a ton. Isn't that interesting? Some of the most manly footwear made, and it bears a distinct resemblance to a pointed toe pump... gawd, wonder what the good ol' boys would think if they realized that.

Do they qualify? Sorry because, IMHO, only you can answer that! What is considered a high heel is very judgemental and varies across this board (and society). If they are high for you and you're comfortable wearing them, then that is enough for me (and probably many others on this board).

I welcome any decently stated comment guys, and yours all make sense. Of course I know these aren't high heel boots but they're pretty cool for a guy in a conservative environment nonetheless. I could have had them fitted with 3 1/2" heels but I already have a pair of boots in this height and these 2 1/2 inchers make it even easier to step out in. They're also very silent and ultra-comfortable to walk and stand in. And after a few minutes in them I can definitely say they make me realise I'm wearing heels and that's the main thing. I guess my main interest lies more in wearing stylish boots with high shafts and very pointy toes, the absolute heel height is kind of secondary but no heels at all is out of the question. From my own experience I can testify it feels better to be out and about care-free in low heeled boots than to be confined to in-house walking in 5" stilettos, but that's just my opinion. And the ability to wear these boots to work, as I do now, is even better.

Bootylicious,

Very nice boots, but the heel has ended up looking almost like a full wedge. I suppose that is the effect of the riding heel which is a very exagerated cuban heel. My Dan Post boots which has a 2" riding heel are a bit like that. It would be of interest to know who the manufacturer was, how long they took, the ordering process how the size turned out for you given that cowboy boots are a very different fit to normal footwear. Basically, give as much information for the record as you can. Knowing the price is also nice.

As to you question, qualification is a personal thing. My avatar shoes are- for men - definitively high heels, but in ladies terms, they are mid-heels. Heels above 2" are very very rarely seen on men, so you certainly are carrying the flag when you wear those boots. You will get nothing but nice comments from the ladies and many men too.

Next step would be for you to go to Archie Eyebrows for another pair of mens high heels (bearing in mind that mens + high heel = no more than 3" and cuban heeled). Not too sure if your part of Western Europe (you could narrow your location down to a country and still be quite anonymous) is the same as mine, ie North London, but if it is the UK, then emailing Terry or Liz de Havilland (aka info@ArchieEyebrows.co.uk) and they will be only too pleased to help. He is making me a pair of his Amechi wingtip laceps in all leather rather than half leather/patent leather (have those for evening wear) so I have a pair of day shoes that will compliment office wear.

Wear your boots often. When I do, it is surprising the number of men that have said to me they would also like to own and wear a pair. When I have asked them why they don't havce any, their reply is usually that they have never thought about buying them for themselves, but if they go to the US it is almost the default souvenier (along with a pair of jeans, shirt and a belt).

From my own experience I can testify it feels better to be out and about care-free in low heeled boots than to be confined to in-house walking in 5" stilettos, but that's just my opinion.

It is my opinion as well. What makes it easy is that the shoes are made for men, so you don't feel at all self-concious and your SO will not mind you wearing heels because they are mens.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

@Thighboots2

Thanks for your extensive reply. However, I'm not really a complete newbie when it comes to heels (see my other posts) and the Internet has shown me where to get them if I would so desire. These particular boots are from www.genioboots.com. I ordered them end October and received them Jan. 12th. They are made from all calf-skin for $350,- ex. works. The owner was very helpful during an extensive email conversation and helped me to design the perfect boot. I sent him feet tracings and measurements and went for a size 9.5 (I have EU 43). They're also designed with room for gel soles and they turned out to be the right size. Just enough push and pull to get in and out of. After I placed the order and had paid he became more silent and I had to push him a bit to confirm and tell me how things went. No big deal but these amounts make you nervous easily. I would buy a 2nd pair from him though.

You're right about the underslung heels, they are pretty extreme but I love the fact it add's to the agressiveness of the boot. It takes a little getting used to when walking but that's what heels are all about and only contributes to the fun, isn't it? Furthermore, because of the sturdy shafts, you can see they're knee-high cause they show through a straight legged jeans which is quite nice.

When I started wearing heels a couple of years ago I didn't think of Cowboy boots right away. I started with 5" stiletto boots but I've since descended to lower and more outdoor wearable heels and it is on this forum I learned of guys who wore Cowboy boots as an 'excuse' to wear heels acceptably. That sounded like a smart idea and that's when I remembered the following from my early childhood:

I was 10-11 yrs. old when a classmate came to school one morning wearing a pair of incredible Cowboy boots.

They were sort of a tan/greenish color so they really stood out and everybody noticed them. Furthermore the boots were equipped with very pointy toes and high underslung wooden heels. To be honest, on a boy that age it was a bit too much but I immediately was in awe and wished I had a pair of such boots. I guess this could also count as the 1st time I realized I had a thing for boots/heels.

Strangely enough my classmates started to yell and scold at him that he was wearing 'girlie' and 'gayish' booties! I looked at his boots again and realized that they indeed might have come from the women's section. I was puzzled by that and decided not to say I really liked them and become another victim of my classmates homophobic reactions...

Anyway, after a few hours most of the reactions on the boots died out except for one classmate who kept calling the boots 'gayish' and 'girlish'. They stood in front of eachother and the boot wearer warned his classmate to stop doing that. That idiot never did listen much and when he replied: "Haha, you're wearing faggot booties!" bootboy kicked him in the nuts with his pointy toed right boot. I remember him crying in agony and crawling across the school yard. Bootboy shrug his shoulders and click-clacked away. Nobody ever made a comment about his boots again...

That made an even more powerful impression on me and I also remember him wearing the boots all the time, running and even playing soccer in them (he ruined some soccer balls when he hit them hard with his pointy toes) so I figured they were very comfortable. Of course the fear of facing ridicule and rejection prevented me to ask my parents for a pair of Cowboy boots and so I stuck to sneakers.

So here I am, some 30 yrs. later and finally having the courage to wear my 1st pair of genuine Cowboy boots, only to realise I should have started doing this 20 yrs. ago...

Better late than never I guess.

Nice boots, Bootylicious. I would say yes they do qualify for HH Place, since I have a similar pair of cowboy boots. I had a similar story when I was a kid. In grade school at age 11, I wore my cowboy boots to school and had several comments about my wearing my boots to school. I tell myself that they were jealous because they wish they had a pair. Otherwise they wouldn't be mocking me. Skipped wearing boots in high school. But when I went to college, since there was no formal dress code, I decided to wear my cowboy boots with jeans tucked in. In college I felt free to express my fashion preferences.