Who is more embarassed, me or the shop assistant?

sept181

i had a girl at payless when i bought my rosa lug boots, she seen a little dirt on the soles and cleansed them for me and said if she dont like them or dont fit she can bring the boots back . to which i said they fit great and i like them . she was like they are for you and i said yes and i will wear them a lot. i was wearing my boots with a wedge heels that night she was kinda shocked then but now is real cool with me trying on heels and will tell me if new styles come in .

One idea hasn't surfaced yet in this thread - she wasn't -embarrassed-, maybe she thought you were hot and got all tongue-tied and teenaged. It happens. Trust me on this, if it hasn't happened to you.

Nice thought Jet Silver, but at 56 I have my doubts! But we live in hope.

I had the horror a couple of months back when I had to return a pair of boots to Next that had a faulty zip. The assistant didn't quite know what to do when she opened the box - which I wasn't really expecting, her having filled out a sticker and all already. She said 'Wow, that's a lot of boot' and went red. Of course, my embarrassment had then transferred to her. So, I said 'Yes', with all the dignity I could muster. The thing is, though, it's the thrill of wanting to be seen while not being seen that makes it all so exciting, isn't it. I went out on Monday to Sainsbury's in a pair of four-inch heeled boots under my jeans, desperate to be noticed, but worried that someone might point and giggle. I seem to have lost the bottle to wear my thigh boots over my jeans, though, which I did two or three times last year. It wasn't that I had any hassle, other than a couple of flummoxed looks, but I just don't seem to be able to deal with that kind of openness these days.

It took me a long time to get over it and stop feeling stupidly embarassed shopping for heels, etc. I won't say that I don't feel that way on occasion but at least I've gotten to the point where I will go into the store, go look for exactly what I want or ask for what I want without procrastinating or wasting time trying to get up the nerve. In that respect, those silly days are gone.

It's all about the heel!

The first few times I bought heels in stores, I was nervous. "What would they say? How would they react?" After about the fifth time, I realized it was business as usual, so now it doesn't bother me.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I was at Steve Madden in Toronto on the weekend where I saw some flat sandals both my gf and I liked. So i asked the sales girl if they carried them in 11 or 12. She was like, "you mean the women's sandals? oh...I'll have to check." I seem to have thrown her off because she was all disorientated after that. It gave me a little chuckle.