Hoop earrings on men?

radiodave

I did it! I had a long weekend, and after looking at the number of guys I see every day wearing earrings, I finally went to Pagoda and had both ears pierced with small round studs. Liking the look already. Some good friends invited me to dinner Sunday, so I'll find out soon enough if they really think it looks bad. At least once I wait I can try the hoops I bought the right way, or get some small hoops to put in. :smile:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I've had mine a month now; no regrets except I should have done it 10 years ago. Only compliments so far! My wife was away when I did it and asked why I had both done; I told her that the Mr. Clean look was dead and gone. Now, she likes them.

And as Spikester says, they finish the outfit! Once these training ones are out, I'll be getting some hoops, etc.

It's all about the heel!

• 3 weeks later...

It's been nearly 3 weeks, and no regrets at all. I don't even have the sensation that I'm wearing them unless I touch my ears. A few of my colleagues gave favorable comments, the rest just act like nothing's different. My friends thought they looked cool, my sister can't wait to see them, and even my ex-wife thought they looked nice. In fact, she was asking me how it felt getting them, since she doesn't have pierced ears. It almost sounded like she wanted to but was afraid it would be painful, so I thought it was ironic she would be asking me.

My wife was out of the country when I had my ears pierced and I chose titanium look balls as a starter pair. At first, she wasn't too happy but was okay with it after a while.

End result, two weeks ago she told me to get gold or diamonds instead. We picked out CZs with gold posts; I'll probably get real diamond ones for my birthday!!!

It's all about the heel!

I would love a row of hoop earrings like Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas but as I have very short hair I would stand out like a sore thumb.

I like hoops as much as the next person but I don't like too many. I have 2 in each ear and that is plenty. Beyond 2 or 3 and it starts to look cluttered and not very good looking IMHO. I like to wear one larger hoop followed by some kind of studs.

I would love a row of hoop earrings like Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas but as I have very short hair I would stand out like a sore thumb.

thats basically what my wife has

shes got each ear pierced 14 times

she also has a pair of diamond studs for each she wears at times also

go for it

i currently have 4 in each lobe, 2 in the cart, 1 in the right, an industrial on each side and now have both tragus done as well

go for it

I have short hair as well, but I like to keep it simple and have just one earring in each ear. I only wear hoops and like to wear styles that have a ball on the bottom. My favorite earrings have one large and two small balls.

I did get a pair of 20mm Bali hoops last Christmas which I have gotten a few compliments when I wear them.

post-9187-133522911005_thumb.jpg

Here is my latest story. I have my ears pierced twice in each ear. I got them both done at the local Claires here about a year apart. And even with the time gap the same women happened to pierce me both time. She is the store manager and probably in her mid to late thirties. She has several piercings in her ears herself. I like to wear some otherwise "feminine" earrings. But I only do it in the comfort of my own home not out in public yet. Although I have started wearing somewhat larger hoops in the 1 inch range.

I shop at Claires when I can and I always check to see if the manager is working. I got to talk to her for a good while once and we got into a whole thing about fashion freedoms and such. Here is a link to that thread about the conversation I had. As well as some other experiences shopping there.

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/11876-super_awesome_day_one_more_our_side_kind_long_read.html

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/11928-super_awesome_day_pt_2_a.html

As I said I don't wear "feminine" earrings much in public yet. But I always carry some with me and if the manager is working I will change into them and go shopping there. that is the only place I wear them in public. So back to the new story.

I had not seen the manager there for some time and I swung by there the other day. To my surprise she was working. And I just happened to have my favorite pair of 2 inch silvery hoops on me. So I put them on and entered the store. My hair is longer which usually hides them so I pushed my hair back a bit so they would be seen a little. There was a few customers in there but not too busy. I had just been shopping for heels and came up empty. So I figured I would buy some earrings instead. I actually needed to replace the hoops I was wearing as they were starting to tarnish. So I found some but I needed some others as they always have a buy 2 get 1 free sale. I found a couple pairs of dangles that I liked and I thought I was ready. I went to pay and the manager recognized me right away. We had the usual small talk as we had not seen each other in a while. As she was ringing me up she proceeded to hold each pair up to her ears and told me which ones she liked. She also told me that she was jealous because she could not wear hoops. Her piercings were all done sideways or something like that. She always knows that any earrings I buy are for me no matter how "feminine" they are and she treats me like any other customer. So I finally paid, thanked her, and left. Man that felt good! No matter how bad my day is I can go shop there and I always come out of there feeling great.

I went for my follow up visit at Piercing Pagoda, and they said my ears had healed nicely and I could change them. I bought a couple pairs, since they were having a buy one get one half off sale. I got some reasonably sized hoops, and wore them all day today. Not the slightest bit uncomfortable, and having been out for breakfast, to the auto parts store, Home Depot, the mall, and Macy's to get some new shirts, not one person gave me any odd looks. And yes, my hair grows fast so I'm getting a haircut tomorrow.

post-2079-133522911958_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got brave enough to buy some CBR hoops, 18 gauge. Getting them in was a little tricky, but they fit well enough. I've been wearing them for about a week now, and haven't taken them out once. The girl at Piercing Pagoda thought they looked cool, and I haven't had any strange looks at work. I thought sleeping with them might be tricky, but compared to some of my other earrings, there's really nothing to snag on. I guess if anyone else is considering piercing their ears, I'd say go for it. I have no regrets :silly:.

I finally got brave enough to buy some CBR hoops, 18 gauge. Getting them in was a little tricky, but they fit well enough. I've been wearing them for about a week now, and haven't taken them out once. The girl at Piercing Pagoda thought they looked cool, and I haven't had any strange looks at work. I thought sleeping with them might be tricky, but compared to some of my other earrings, there's really nothing to snag on.

I guess if anyone else is considering piercing their ears, I'd say go for it. I have no regrets :silly:.

Hoping to get mine done next week, I intend to wear earrings that males would not normally wear in normal male attire, all in the cause to stretch the acceptable to society of course.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic, but I thought I'd pass it along. One thing I just learned: Beware of cheap earrings. I had some CZ studs that I bought, and I think I paid $5 for a set in different sizes and colors. I don't remember if they had stainless studs, but I noticed they were starting to leave dark marks around my ear. When I took a closer look, they had some ugly green tarnish around the mount that was rubbing off, and they looked nasty despite cleaning them regularly with alcohol. I have another pair that I paid considerably more for with gold studs and clasps, and they aren't leaving those marks or turning funny colors.

Hi, Since about 6 months I have started to wear large hoops and lately even rather large dangling earrings. I have even added a hole to each ear. Attached you will find some of the earrings I use on a daily basis. I waer them all to work. Number 1 I wore today and number 2 yesterday. The only type of comments I get is from some of the women at work that are a littel bit jealous that I have more earrings and a bigger variation than them. :smile:

post-18726-133522938968_thumb.jpg

post-18726-13352293897_thumb.jpg

post-18726-133522938971_thumb.jpg

post-18726-133522938972_thumb.jpg

post-18726-133522938973_thumb.jpg

Best regards, Stefan

Hi,

Since about 6 months I have started to wear large hoops and lately even rather large dangling earrings. I have even added a hole to each ear.

Attached you will find some of the earrings I use on a daily basis. I waer them all to work. Number 1 I wore today and number 2 yesterday.

The only type of comments I get is from some of the women at work that are a littel bit jealous that I have more earrings and a bigger variation than them. :smile:

looking good Stefan. I have lots of earrings like that as well. But I rarely wear then out of the house. I would like to though.

looking good Stefan. I have lots of earrings like that as well. But I rarely wear then out of the house. I would like to though.

I think you should.

Even if you might get some initial questions or bad comments, and then again you might not, that should not stop you to do what you want to do. For the most part people will accept it and even give you positive comments. With very few exeptions I think people are more tolerant than you might think. I only know of a couple of friends that does not really like it, but even my 82 year old mother accepts it. :D

And I have gotten very positive feedback from my brothers 18 year old daughter. She really likes my earrings and also some necklaces I sometimes use.

Give it a go. You only live once. :smile:

Best regards, Stefan

Hi,

Since about 6 months I have started to wear large hoops and lately even rather large dangling earrings. I have even added a hole to each ear.

Attached you will find some of the earrings I use on a daily basis. I waer them all to work. Number 1 I wore today and number 2 yesterday.

The only type of comments I get is from some of the women at work that are a littel bit jealous that I have more earrings and a bigger variation than them. :smile:

that last pic is great

how big are those hoops? they look like they are 3.5 or 4 inches

awesome

i have 5 piercings in each lobe......and will wear graduated hoops very often

but i dont own any that big.......biggest ones i have right now are 2.5 inches

i like those alot

• 5 months later...

I like large round earrings. I like to see them on women and on men. I have been pierced ears that I saw to my fitting. But the company is not accepted practice that men can wear large round earrings. If you wear large round earrings and men are called gay. No I am not gay I just like to wear. It is my passion. Nothing else. I hope that sometime in the society to be accepted as normal that men can wear large round earrings, silver or gold