Hosiery for the taller figure

LadyAlpha

Not sure if this is the right place to post... Can anyone recommend a store online or real life for stockings and hold ups for the longer leg? I'm five ten, foot size 8, and even so, I have long legs (I need 36" leg when shopping for boot cut jeans). Most high street large sizes in stockings are not long enough for me, does anyone know of any products that are especially long? I am looking for sheer, fish net, fully fashioned, and not for cheap tacky stuff that feels or looks bad. Even M+S now seems to have switched to a Matalan quality in this respect, previously one of my standards. I have heard that there are some good shops on E-bay for this, I would love a recomendation. Lady Alpha

I am six foot two and also take a thirty six inch inseam in pants and have found Leggs shear energy and shear vitality size Q to fit very nicely. Now that said I do have very muscular legs from years of bicycling all over the place so I am not sure how they would fit if your legs are very thin. I have had pairs that with normal wear and cleaning (laundry bag in the washer then hang to dry) last a very long time. I have tried other brands though no really expensive brands (must be the Scotch half of me) and have always come back to Leggs.

I hope this helps.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Here's another vote for L'eggs in Queen size, my preference being the Reliance brand. I'm 6-2 and they fit me very well and are durable.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have several pair of tights and nylons from Macy's. I usually don't pay retail for them, so I am only familiar with what goes on clearance. Usually to get a nice fit for my legs (32" inseam) isn't tough, but I have noticed that the "plus sizes" come in talls. Also, Lane Bryant nylons and tights often have more than enough length.

Style is built from the ground up!

Many manufacturers offer a “tall” version of their hose. The ones I have found seem to fit well. I’m 6’ tall with a 34” inseam.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.