I need help with a definition.

Does anyone know what the term "Form Batching" means? Mrs. T&H is seeing it while seeking employment and we can't seem to find a definition for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Does anyone know what the term "Form Batching" means? Mrs. T&H is seeing it while seeking employment and we can't seem to find a definition for it.

Thanks,

T&H

First of all, while I've never heard the term before, it would probably help all of us a little if we knew what line of work in which your wife worked. Medical, computer, data processing, mechanical engineering, aviation, automotive, etc. What kind of work does she do?

Secondly, here is a summary of what Answers.com has to offer. If you've researched this term at all, you are probably fully aware of what this website says.

Summary: Nowadays, the automation is the fundamental element of a 300 mm Fab. FOUP transportation, lot dispatching and data processing and other production requirements are integrated by the system. On the other hand, dispatching is getting more and more important due to the complicated process routing and reentry process flow in semiconductor Fab. It is important to optimize the batching size in furnace area, since most of furnace EQP are designed to accommodate up to 100 wafers in 300 mm Fab. In order to fully utilize the furnace, some waiting time is allowed to maximize the batch size. Beside, the furnace dispatching must consider the other issue, such as queue time limit. The pre-clean start time or form batch time must be well controlled to prevent product from queue time over and to keep machine from idle. This work describes an auto forming batch system for furnace operation, which is implemented in the real time dispatching system of PSC FAB 12A. The auto form batch rate is raised up to 85% form Q3 2003 to now. And finally, it has been proved that the auto form batch dispatching system not only improve furnace utilization but also reduces the cycle time between wet and furnace operation. Headings of This work are as follows: (1) introduction, (2) RTD system structure for furnace batch dispatching, (3) batch forming time model and furnace dispatching, (4) result and discussion, and (5) future direction and conclusion.

I doubt that this is the answer you are looking for, but hope it eliminated one or more of your guesses. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That text comes from an abstract of a document published by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers). It has to do with semiconductor fabrication lines -- making the chips that make our computers work.

From Wikipedia, it seems to have something to do with processing credit card transactions. See Merchant_account. Most of this is done automatically by means of card readers networked to the credit card system but some transactions are still handled manually.

Have a happy time!

Thanks,

T&H

First of all, while I've never heard the term before, it would probably help all of us a little if we knew what line of work in which your wife worked. Medical, computer, data processing, mechanical engineering, aviation, automotive, etc. What kind of work does she do?

:welcome:

All right leave it to me Capt. Obvious to leave out the Obvious.:thumbsup:

Mrs. T&H is an executive assistant by trade, laid off when the executive she formerly worked for left the company. For some reason this is a common occurrence from what we understand but she couldn't follow her previous boss as they moved way out of area (somewhere near Johhnyheel.) So lately we have been coming across this term but are unaware of its meaning. I tried the usual suspects (Google, Yahoo, etc...)for finding a definition but to no avail. So I am hoping that someone here may have stumbled upon the term before.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough before. I appreciate your time and effort in your assistance.

Thanks again,

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

My guess would be batch addressing/filling of various forms used in business. One of the features integrated into MS Office is the ability to merge data from a MS Access DB into MS Word or Excel to generate form letters that are personalized using various fields from the DB. This simplifies the task of mass mailing and form letter personalization. You can further exploit this ability to generate batches of invoices, advertisements, Christmas cards and more. That's my guess but I've never heard that specific term. Good luck with the job search!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

One of the things that I find to be so irritating about US employers is their enormous propensity to use either non-specific terms and descriptions that could mean almost anything or else using terms that are uniquely specific to one particular office or plant. All the while, the US Dept of Labor has cataloged literally thousands of jobs and job descriptions that no one seems interested in using. Why can't employers utilize what a lot of tax dollars have been spent to create? :thumbsup:

Apparently, the term Form Batching is so generalized that it could mean almost anything and possibly has more than one useage that is dependant upon the specific employer using it. Without knowing a lot more about the kind of employment being sought and with whom, it would be difficult to even hazard a guess. In any case, the very best wishes to you for the new year and good luck with the job search. :welcome:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Tightsnheels! Why doesn't your wife call one of the companies that are using the term "Form Batching" in their interviews or on their application and ask them what their definition is? After all, as a well known political figure once asked "it depends upon what your definition of 'is' is." So she could use the same logic to justify her request by saying "different companies use this term to label different programs or tasks. Which task or operation does your company apply the term to?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My guess would be batch addressing/filling of various forms used in business.

One of the features integrated into MS Office is the ability to merge data from a MS Access DB into MS Word or Excel to generate form letters that are personalized using various fields from the DB. This simplifies the task of mass mailing and form letter personalization. You can further exploit this ability to generate batches of invoices, advertisements, Christmas cards and more.

That's my guess but I've never heard that specific term.

Good luck with the job search!!

Thank-you everyone for your help but this is the correct answer. Mrs. T&H sends her thanks as well and even made the comment about what a great and friendly bunch you all are.

Thanks again,

T&H