Platform Pics = Everyday Life?

ChipsHH

Do you wear plats during everyday life?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear plats during everyday life?

• I do, and it's great
    • I did, but it got tiring with all the hills, etc
    • I would, but I haven't the time
    • I don't, but would love to.

I have several pairs of shoes and boots ranging from 2 to 4 inch platforms and regularly wear them. Obviously there are some places they're not exactly appropriate (I'm not going to wear knee high boots with a 4 inch platform to a job), but they are fun and I like wearing them out.

its no different wearing platforms in public than a pair of single soles. the picture i have posted is of a pink sandal with a 1.75 platform and 5.75'' heel that i intend to wear for 10 miles to raise money for charity. would it of made any difference if i had decided to wear a single sole instead of a platform sole? as i only wear womens heels in public to raise money for cancer i dont think the sole type makes any difference. i find heel height more important. i choose platforms as it allows me to wear a higher heel. the sames goes for the heels in my avatar. they have 4'' platforms which allowed me to wear a 7.5'' heel. i dont think many people could walk in a pair of 7.5'' heels with a single sole

post-17818-133522901038_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing my Skye platform boots all week now with no problems whatsoever. I like the slim platforms, and hidden ones even more so, as they just make the overall shoe/boot stylish, yet they feel comfy. So I guess that's my everyday wearing adventure these days.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 5 weeks later...

I would. My two latest pairs from Faith have concealed platforms and I'd definitely wear them out. My OH and I have agreed though that I wear whatever I want around the house, but I'll stick to my New Rocks for public. I wouldn't wear my stripper plats outside, but the smaller platforms seem to be popular at the moment and I like them.

• 4 months later...

I am really liking the newer shoes with small platforms in the 1/2" - 1" range, some of which are hidden. I often like them more so than shoes with no platforms at all, which were my original favorites. Shoes with more than a 1" platform do not interest me much. Didn't answer the poll, none of the choices really fit too well... I wear high heels (and usually with small platforms) 2-3 times per week, and that has nothing to do with how much time I have, or any of the other choices.

I love plats and most of my heels have 1/2" to 2" plats on them. I wear them around home as much as can (SO doesn't approve of my heeling). Have yet to wear them "out and about." I'm still working on calming the nerves when I go "out."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I only have one pair of single sole heel. They just don't seem to work as well for me as a platform with my feet. Plats of any height or just more comfortable. Doesn't mean I won't still try on single soles until I find ones that are comfortable. Given this, I just did the Walk a Mile event in a pair of Ellie's. Wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't take a stroll regularly in something this high unless it was a well maintained walkway.

post-26262-133522925536_thumb.jpg

Yes I wear wedge heel platforms a lot and love them beacuse they are very comfortable and easy to walk in. I really like the platform wedge sandals styles and clogs, as I think they are easy to wear and look good on you in public as well.

yes i wear platforms everyday, i love it, attached my everyday shoes

nice ones. don't like that the plateau sole is split in two, but the overall look is great.

and now back to topic. i think that you see a lot of shoes with a thinner plateau up to 1.5 inch everyday. the heels of my small collection all have a plateau too - not too high, but just a bit. i really like the look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

so, it has been awhile. Are there those who walk the streets in somewhat-considered platform heels? I don't know if my Bordellos count or not; but I did do a public excursion some months ago to KMart for a few things my mom asked to get. It was only a test run, though, to see how they fit and if I could walk in them well or not. A little attention here and there, but nothing major. Plus.... I had them on, so might as well go for it, right? :smile:

Formally "HHDude"

yes i wear platforms everyday, i love it, attached my everyday shoes

I've been looking for something like those. I figure a pair of jeans would go well with them especially since mine are usually black jeans anyways.

I picked up a pair of HH Clogs from Kohl's last fall that have a platform to them, and I am planning on getting out in them soon as the weather warms up a bit - should prove interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

well, I do wear my platform boots (the black avatars) on occasion when it suits me (with my really long pants made for platform footwear):smile:

• 2 weeks later...