Platform Pics = Everyday Life?

ChipsHH

Do you wear plats during everyday life?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear plats during everyday life?

• I do, and it's great
    • I did, but it got tiring with all the hills, etc
    • I would, but I haven't the time
    • I don't, but would love to.

Confusing title, but lemme explain it a little more. I've seen a ton of pics of people in platform heels around here, and they got me to wondering: The people who wears them and pics them, do you wear them out often or everyday? Majority of the pics seem to take place in-home (no problem with that) and rarely outside or in public. Same with alot of the videos on YouTube, to any that has made a vid(s) of their plats. Better stop before I ramble onto something else, lol. But the question remains: Does anyone wear plats in everyday life? I'll say the height being at least 2-3 inches or higher.

Formally "HHDude"

I voted for "I do, and it's great". Maximum of a 1.5" platform for me, and those shoes have to be classy looking. I would never wear anything like in my avatar (pole dancer heels) out. A lot of my shoes have a 1" platform (and 6" heels). I have to admit I have worn 4" platforms (8.5" heels) once at a fancy dress party though, and 3.5" platforms (7" heels) to another party, but it isn't something I would do otherwise.

I think with hidden heels being in fashion at the moment, most women will be wearing platforms out. I expect the next time I be going out in heels, I be wearing heels with a small platform. Since I don,t wear heels every day I can,t vote on this.

When I wear stiletto heels in public higher than 5", they usually have platforms of about .625" to 1" thick. Platforms that are greater than 2" thick with stiletto heels become more of a risk for ankle injuries while walking outside. In my opinion, platformed high heels should never lessen the height of the heel to the status of wearing medium to low heels. These type of platforms make the foot look clumpish, cartoonish, and out of proportion.

• 2 weeks later...

These type of platforms make the foot look clumpish, cartoonish, and out of proportion.

so, why would you ever wear something that looked as bad as that in public?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I haven't the time doesn't really apply to me, but that's the closest to my actual situation. I don't think I have more than 2 pairs of wegies with platforms and those are really open-toes summertime shoes. In fact, I actually prefer heels with a modest platform if they are comfortable to wear. I have found that mfgrs. can actually incorporate a nice pad for the ball of the foot in those platforms and make a really delightful shoe to wear. In fact, all of my truly comfortable shoes have platforms! :thumbsup: Unfortunately, most mfgrs. don't take advantage of those nice platforms and build the foot-saving pads in where they're needed most. That's why it's so important to first try-on the shoes and see how well they fit and how well they wear.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Good Tread! I would love to be able to wear a platform shoe/boot of 1/2-3/4 with heel of about 3-5". However my work is mostly in ski and hiking boots. Heeled boots/shoes would not work. However on my time off or in the city a wedge boot and/or platform boot. I don't care for the really big plats with chunky heels unless I go to a 80's party. Yes most of my collection has a platform of some degree. Mtnsofheels

In my opinion, platformed high heels should never lessen the height of the heel to the status of wearing medium to low heels. These type of platforms make the foot look clumpish, cartoonish, and out of proportion.

so, why would you ever wear something that looked as bad as that in public?

There are many who have worn this style of heels, because it was the fashion statement of the month kind of thing. They do help you gain some height and they are like wearing flats, almost. However, as far as I am concerned they don't flatter the appearance of the wearer's feet for the reasons previously stated. So I have never cared to wear these kind of platform heels.

• 5 months later...

Plats forever! I usually wear New Rock or Destroy platform boots on a daily basis. 1 to 2 inch platform and 4 inch heel is the norm. I just like them. I like the height, and the easy walk that you get from a good platform shoe or boot.

I love platforms, in fact most of my shoes are platforms. I think that they are much more comfortable than the non platform shoes. Thanks for the thread.

I'd love to wear my platform heels in an everyday situation its a shame a lot more people arn't understanding :/

I agree everyone has their opinions about their choice in shoes. But I have always felt about people with non plats what is the point of wearing a 2 inch or 3 inch heel when majority of your pants are going to cover it up as if you had no feet. Or to those like to push the envelope to wear skirts, pocket books (purses) and so forth. So i'm just like why don't you leave the thread to those who wear platforms and can speak from experience instead of tear down and criticize that style of fashion granted 7 and 8 inch heels are outlandish but if a person is that confident in themselves to wear those then by all means let them. But if you don't care for platforms then why comment???

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

THANK YOU, Highheellover23! I doubt that most of the regular contributors to this website understand the difference between a 4" non-plat stiletto and a 6"-9" stiletto platform boot. To them platform boots may be fantasy wear, but not for real life. To the few brave men who wear the platform boot as their choice of daily wear, I say "KEEP IT UP" . . . you look absolutely fabulous! HHLover, you know I've got a huge man crush on you, right?

Thanks William I appreciate it. Feel free to hit me up when ever. Us platform wearers gotta stick together. Because to me platforms=high amounts of confidence. So if you wear it flaunt it. Even so just hit me up when ever. Take care my man!!!!

I do wear them during everyday life... Sometimes my job requires A LOT of walking to file paperwork with the courts, go to local title company, etc... Also since I have to be in court or meet with new clients with my boss , the platforms aren't always appropriate depending on what I am wearing(pants make them easier to cover up :)... So I keep another pair of heels with me at my desk that I can walk in and take meetings in... Yea I know I am a freak...

I do wear them during everyday life... Sometimes my job requires A LOT of walking to file paperwork with the courts, go to local title company, etc... Also since I have to be in court or meet with new clients with my boss , the platforms aren't always appropriate depending on what I am wearing(pants make them easier to cover up :)... So I keep another pair of heels with me at my desk that I can walk in and take meetings in... Yea I know I am a freak...

I gotta give you a hi five on that one!!!

• 2 weeks later...

s much as I'd like to... Any plaform + heel get's me into the the everyday problem of hitting my head in door ways... I'm 6'5" barefoot - so with door hights at 6'8" or so, a 5 inch heel without plat - is about where I have to be head knocking careful. 3" height gain for a flat 5" heel. Of course, adding a plat directly adds the plat height to you top of head height - so a 2 inch plat on a 7 inch heelis at least 6'10 inch Ouch!

• 1 month later...

No, rjpilotswife you are not a freak! You are the sensible one. In my platform heel wearing days, I never wore heels when driving. At 6ft tall and long legs, I considered driving in platform-heels dangerous to other road users due to lack of leg room and my inability to brake quickly in an emergency, so I always wore flats or stilettoes in the car and took my plats with me. Outdoors my maximum plat height was 2 inches. The reason being very thick platforms are very dangerous on any surface other than clean and dry areas. A small pebble or even a matchstick under a platform of 4 inches can produce a violent wobble that can injure an ankle or produce a heavy fall. I know, I have been there. Having said that, I love the comfort and increase in height of a 2 inch plat on any surface, even if I am feeling adventurous and go off-road on them.

As I stated in a previous post, I have a part time job at one of our branch libraries. It is late in the evening and eventually I'm the only one there for the last two hours. I have a pair of platform high heels I wear there every night. I use to put them on after everyone left. Now I wear them into work. There were some questions as to why I would wear shoes like those. I told them that I liked the shoes, they are very comfortable, and in restocking books, I can reach some of the higher shelves. No one really makes any comments about them any more.

• 2 months later...

THANKS hiheellover23... As a matter of fact, I wore a pair of 6 inch platform heels, to work today, which some buisness pants... Sexy as hell...

Good for You! I like to wear platforms with jeans and trousers too. I often wear clear dancer's platforms with mini-skirts, especially in the Summer. I get looks, but who cares? It's no-one else's business.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"