All stainless steel heels

Stainless steel is not particularly expensive IMHO, of course cast iron, and (perhaps, depending on the format) extruded aluminium is much more cheaper. -At least here in Scandinavia where we make a lot of steel... -It is nowadays not like making A-bombs a secret for the few initiated or especially complicated. I can buy S-s screws for almost the same cost as "teflonized", or as well bog standard screws (perhaps electro-galvanized) for indoor/outdoor building purposes (as an example). -Of course a ton of sheet metal plain iron is cheaper that the S-s alternative, but still, at least here, there is not that big difference. If I venture a guess, I'd say that a S-s heel compared to an aluminium equivalent would be at most 10-20% more expensive to *MAKE*. TallSwede

Those shoes are from a company called leatherworks - the style is called 'Kate' and they retail for £95 with the metal heels or £75 with ordinary leather heels. Metal heels aren't as expensive a some people thing.......thankfully for me as I've bought a couple :lol: Becks xxxx

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

So *that's* what a 'Mary Jane' is. I feel so much better now :lol: They are nice, but a little bit OTT for me. Now, in a nice ankle boot, I'd be there!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

They'd end up in the "dead letter box" without an address, so 'twould be a waste of hard-earned bread.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Laurie wrote:

So is someone going to send me a pair of those as a get well gift?

Chris, are you listening? "She that must be obeyed" has spoken. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

She that must be obeyed? I like how that sounds, but I am not sure how practical that would be to put into use. :lol: Of course, for the general population, this is a very good statement that everyone should take to heart. Maybe I need to look into a P.O. box as well. It would be interesting, certainly. :(

• 3 months later...

Leatherworks have a massive selection of shoes. Well worth a visit, but note that they only have size 6 and 7 shoes out on racks to try on. I expect that some styles are available off the shelf in other sizes, but a lot of stuff is made to order. They are a reasonable walk from Highbury and Islington tube station, or an easier bus ride from the Angel tube station in London.

They do 4 and 5.5 and 7 inch heels, from UK sizes 3 or 4 up to at least UK size 12 (I think), and the 7 inch heel can be with or without a 2 inch platform. I tried a 7 inch heel in UK size 7, and could not get my leg straight. I didn't fall over, but no way to walk in something like that without getting a lot more flexibility in my ankles. I didn't have any problem with the extreme toe angle, as I have small toes anyway.

Jo - are you repeating yourself in all the threads?

The same question came up in four different threads in the same evening, so the answer I posted in one could be adapted to two of the others, and the last I didn't reply to as I closed the window and didn't see it again.