how much on shoes in 08

ScoobyHH

In the Girls forum Roz has started a thread about how much the girls have spent on shoes in 2008,which was quite a lot but maybe not as much as some of the women in this forum, check out these threads from the purse forum which I came across whilst surfing

How much they have spent in 2008

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glass-slipper/how-much-do-you-think-youve-spent-shoes-401723.html

their shoe collections

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glass-slipper/post-your-shoe-collection-here-photos-only-please-98124-22.html

They must have very healthy incomes is all I can say

Scooby

. . .

They must have very healthy incomes is all I can say

. . .

. . . and rather un-healthy bank accounts I'd guess!

I kept it under control this year, less than $250 altogether. :thumbsup:

Have a happy time!

Since women's shoes are hard to find in size 13, the amount of money I've spent on same hasn't been all that much, I'd say somewhere in the reasonable neighborhood of $150.00 for the year.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have no idea how much that I spent on shoes in 2008. I can guarantee that it was NOT EVEN close to those women. I'm not even in the same ballpark as them. One shelled out 12 grand just for shoes? That is beyond my comprehension. Makes me wonder what their or their husband's income is for a year. Whatever turns them on.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Since women's shoes are hard to find in size 13, the amount of money I've spent on same hasn't been all that much, I'd say somewhere in the reasonable neighborhood of $150.00 for the year.

Also a size 13, but about $250 for me, with $130 of that for one pair of ankle boots (which still might be returned). The 5 other pair I bought might have been $120 total (thanks Payless!).

In regards to the original subject, how much women have spent on their shoes, I'd be curious to know their 'discretionary' spending (clothes, spa's, dining out, etc). My guess would be those that spent ~$5k on shoes probably spent 2x-3x that on clothing.

. . . and rather un-healthy bank accounts I'd guess!

I kept it under control this year, less than $250 altogether. :thumbsup:

You never know, money is relative. I have friends that don't think twice about their vast collection of CL's, Manolo's, Balenciaga's, and Jimmy Choo's that rival the aforementioned...especially when viewed within the context of their entire lifestyle (penthou$e condo loft$, multiple home$, world wide travel, charitable donation$).

I'm never impressed when someone talks about how many cars they have or how many "expensive" pairs of shoes they own. Generally, it tends to have the opposite effect on me and makes me moderately suspicious of their motives.

As for me, I bought three pairs this year: one pair of knee high boots ($530) and two pairs of Nine West shoes ($120 total).

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I have no idea how much that I spent on shoes in 2008. I can guarantee that it was NOT EVEN close to those women. I'm not even in the same ballpark as them. One shelled out 12 grand just for shoes? That is beyond my comprehension. Makes me wonder what their or their husband's income is for a year.

Whatever turns them on.

I think I actually spent closer to £7000, but when you think about it that is under £600 every month. My salary is pretty good (not amazing I have to say), and I have a company car so that is one outgoing I don't have to budget for, it is just that I spend as much money as I can afford on shoes. I don't treat myself to anything else really, shoes are my main hobby.

This year I probobly spent over $500 on shoes and boots and maybe another $500 on clothes- mainly jeans. But that's only part of the story. Since I hit mainly sales and 2 for one deals, my closet is bursting at the seams. Maybe its time to do a little e-Bay.

Style is built from the ground up!