Male and female shoesize

HHfanatic

I got really confused on another forum... There is this man wearing size 44/45 male size saying he is buying size 41/42 female size and they fit him. He state that the male size can not be converted to female size and very often female 41/42 is more or less equal to male 44/45. Then there is a woman that used to work in a shoe store that saying he is correct. Do anyone have the same experience?

The 41/42 44/45 sound like European shoe sizes and this system is unisex. Meaning a 42 is the same size whether you are male or female. There is a detailed chart here.

The "two size" difference sounds like it came from the US system -- a size 10 (US Men) is roughly the same ad a size 12 (US Women) -- although some sources say the difference is more like 1 1/2 sizes. And the two size difference goes the wrong way in your example.

Have a happy time!

Have never heard of that, myself. I thought EU sizes were the same for men and women??

This is what I find on http://www.easyunitconverter.com/shoe-size-conversion/shoe-size-converter.aspx

Female

42 26.5 cm

Male

42 26.5 cm

45 29 cm

This man says is feet are 30 cm long. How he can sqeeze 30 cm feet into 26,5 cm shoes is more than I can understand....

Could it be that these people are from Russia (or Ukraine)? If you study the size table that jmc pointed at, that would be the only thing that makes sense. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

There's no male / female classification of shoe sizes in EU, but there are still discrepancies: some "42's" are made for 26cm foot length, others can fit 28.5cm. Heck, I've got a pair of boots sized 41 and they fit me like a glove. I didn't have to take them to a cobbler at all!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I would disagree with both of those charts. A Euro 43 equivalent is a US men's 10.5, US women's 12. Again, you have to allow size variation between manufacturer's. But what I just stated I have seen in different charts.

Caveat Emptor!!!!

It's all about the heel!

You're right - but look at men's shoes. There is absolutely no standardization there either! I bought two pairs of Aldo's men's boots, one fits reasonably well (a little too wide) and the other creases right across my large toe and I can't wear it! And they are both 43 (US 10.5)! In sneakers or rollerblades I have to buy size 11 and another pair of men's dress shoes is actually a 10! Go figure!!

It's all about the heel!

This is by far and away the BEST source of Shoe Size Conversions I have found:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

I might add that this particular chart was recommended to me by both "La-Piazza HighHeels" and Erica Hosoiri at "Brazilian Orchid".

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 4 weeks later...

This is by far and away the BEST source of Shoe Size Conversions I have found:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

I would say that it is off two sizes too small in the US and UK as opposed to the Euro.

It seems pretty accurate to me, except that the usual distinction between UK male and female sizes numbered the same is that the 'standard' width (if there is indeed one) will be more generous in the men's styles. I've never found, for example, that a woman's shoe marked (say) 7 will be the same nominal length as a man's marked 7.5 - but it would help us a little if that were so!

For the record, my usual 11UK translates as Euro 45, USM11.5 and USW13 - which agrees with my practical experience.

I guess it really depends on the shoe manufacturer and the style of the shoe. I am primarily a pointy pump person with a size 9.5 in guy size. I fit perfectly into a pair of size 9 pumps, as well as have several pairs of size 10s

breaking social norms is a hobby of mine