solution on pumps that are too big

trevor

i just got in a pair of 43/4 inch red patent pumps with a 3/4 inch hidden platform from the highest heel called catwalk-11. ive been waiting because i wanted a size 12. they wont be getting them in for a while so i ordered a size 13. they feel really comfortable but when i put stockings on my foot really slides out when i walk in them. my wife has 2 pairs of this style shoe from aldos called atlantic city. these are really sexy shoes. there fun to walk on because i find 4 inches no fun and i struggle in 5 inch pumps a little. these shoes offer something in between which are great. my wife also has a pair of mary jane pumps like these so i came up with the idea of putting a clear strip of tape across my foot to the outside of both sides of the shoe and it worked great. now when i walk my foot doesnt slide at all. on the atlantic city shoes i got for my wife i had to take them to a shoe repair guy and he stitched loops in the back so she could wear them with an ankle strap. she likes it better wearing high heel pumps with ankle straps but it would be a little embarresing to bring these in a size 13. so now im happy with this idea i came up with. has anyone else ever tried this? i hope maybe ive helped someone else that has had this problem.

Great idea although because of the fact I wear a size 9 womens, I don't have that problem. I did take a pair of cross strap mary janes into the shop to get an ankle strap added once though. I like straps! They kinda of looked at me a little weird but oh well.

real men wear heels

Besides the padded inserts which Aldo sells for the back of the foot (where it slips out) which can help, or maybe putting some 2 sided tape in the heel area of your foot (don't laugh, it saved the day for me once with this problem..LOL), there's nothing I've actually done, myself. I have padded the bottom of the foot with gel insoles (makes the toe box a bit more snug)... This is why I don't wear pumps much (and I LOVE pumps) as I'm between sizes and usually slip out of the ones in the next size up (US10).

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I have similar situation with a boot, even if it is close, my foot slides down and is dificult to walk, and for that reason i injured my feet in halloween, so i concluded that the best solution, is to put 1 or 2 insoles all the way down in order to bring to foot higher in the shoe and be much more fitted into the smaller cavity of the front of the toes, then as a boot i cant fix a strap, but im considering in size them according to all me leg size up the the thighs so it will be very tight and sexy, maybe your problem will be solved with a couple of thick insoles. otherwise, go to the shoe reapair that is in the other side of town and tell the guy to give you a cheapest solution since is for a party and you dont want to spend money in that shoe that probably you will trash away, but make sure that the shoe maker wont put somehting ugly or attach something with low quality. maybe the solution for you is what to say to the shoe repair and how to express your self, in order to not feel embarassed, actually you will be able to try the shoe there at the shop to make sure problem will be solved,

V. Morpho