whats your highest pair of heels

jamie1608

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really aint into supper high heels anymore, not that I ever was, but I do have a couple pair of 5" that I wear a lot around the house. I have owned some dancer heels w 6 to 8" heels with a platform but sold them on ebay. The boots in my avatar, which I wear all the time now, have a 5" heel with a small platform and I go all day with out any problem in them.

real men wear heels

Wimp here. 4" is my highest. I can sort of walk in them, but it's not a particularly graceful gait. Perhaps the tendons need to stretch a bit? OTOH, the 3.25" Nine Wests I picked up recently are a dream to walk in. They feel very natural.

Just got a pair of "Playful" Oxfords from HH, and they are now quite clearly my highest (and hardest to walk in!) heels at just under 7 3/4" (no plat on a size 10)! The extra 1/4+" over the Sadist makes a huge difference....

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I've got an older pair of four and a half inch knee-high boots, but they have a "hidden" 1/4 inch platform, so it doesn't really count. That I've worn on any sort of regular basis, I'd have to say four inches.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

7.5 inches with no platform. I can only walk 2 to 3 city blocks in these without getting the shakes.... Obviously I don't get that many chances to wear them as a result! To be honest they're not much fun because I can't wear them for normal wear. Give me my other heels anyday. Heel-Lover

here is an old photo... its the only one I could find with these shoes in it. as I said I don't wear them very much because they're not really practical. wearing them on carpet is so much easier than on pavement etc because that 1/2 inch the heel sinks makes all the difference to walking. Every little bit of height past your comfortable limit is sooo much harder to manage! cheers Heel-Lover

post-642-133522878942_thumb.jpg

Heel-Lover:-) That extra 1/2" that sinks into the carpet certainly would make a big difference in the way you can walk in them. You would notice the difference wearing them outside for sure. It changes your balance as well. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

7.5 inches with no platform. I can only walk 2 to 3 city blocks in these without getting the shakes.... Obviously I don't get that many chances to wear them as a result!

To be honest they're not much fun because I can't wear them for normal wear.

Give me my other heels anyday.

Heel-Lover

Impressive, H-L! But they don't look nearly as high as 7.5" - what is your shoe size? Are you also saying that you can comfortably wear 7" outside - and do you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Puffer, those heels are a EU43 and are 7.5inches high (at the heel). They are a bit ridiculous because the front of my foot is vertical from the toes upwards - it is too steep for practicality. So walking around a little bit is ok but longer distances are very tiring - due to constantly moving at ones limit of flexibility. I can and do wear heels up to 7inches on special occasions, and have worn those 7.5inchers from time to time but as said I do not get the satisfaction I get from a comfy pair of 6 inch pumps. Cheers Heel-Lover

Most of my heels are four inches, but I have one pair of Domina six inch courts that I can just about totter in. I rarely wear them though as they're slightly too small. My highest heels that I actually wear are a pair of Faith calf length boots that are slightly under five inches. Chris

I think my Louboutin Declics have the highest heel. I did buy some hideously inexpensive 6 inch heel sandals from Pleaser last year just to see if I could manage them. They ended up in the back of the closet. ;-)