My New Springolators

Cinnamon

I have coveted this vintage shoe style for years, and finally, I have managed to nab *the* perfect pair :welcome:

http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/1f/da/90e4_1.JPG

http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/1f/da/861f_1.JPG

I'm a complete nut for leopard print and these really are the ultimate bad girl Springolators in my opinion.

They are leopard dyed pony fur and have been worn and loved, but they're about to be loved a whole lot more :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::welcome::winkiss: GO GIRL GO!!!! You are living under the right star. So who is going to wear them? It can't be you. I thought you were a sweet innocence little girl? :lmao: (:))

Hehe that's what a lot of people think... they soon learn hehe.

I just can't believe how bad girl these shoes are! They're perfect! :D

Are they the Terry DeHavilland ones?

I bought them on Ebay and given what I paid, I would assume the answer is no.

In the pictures, I can't see any makers mark other than the "Springolator ® Pat. Pend."

I'm afraid I'm not an expert on them, but noticed on another Springolator post that you know a bit about them, so perhaps you'll be able to shed some light on them. Any information is always appreciated.

Everyone wore those in the 50s or 60s (don't remember, exactly). The young girls (my age, then) would wear them at work, always barefoot, and flaunt them around the guys. If you ever saw Perry Mason (Raymond Burr) on TV in the original black and white programs, his secretary Della Street wore them.

Not everyone wore them in the 50's. That was a shoe that I thought would be great to have and try, but for some unknown reason I never bought a pair for myself. I guess I really missed out on something great at the time. Maybe Cinnamon will send us some pics of her in them and tell us all about how they feel and how they work for her. Hint! Hint! That was one style of shoe that I never owned but wished that I had tried them at least once. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 5 weeks later...

Am I right in thinking that Terry de H is re-introducing the Springolator? I think he was on TV recently showing a pair which were new rather than vintage. He has, presumably, bought the rights, although I would have expected any original patent to have expired by now. Do tell us how you get on with them, Cinnamon.

• 1 month later...

I have coveted this vintage shoe style for years, and finally, I have managed to nab *the* perfect pair :silly:

http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/1f/da/90e4_1.JPG

http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/1f/da/861f_1.JPG

I'm a complete nut for leopard print and these really are the ultimate bad girl Springolators in my opinion.

They are leopard dyed pony fur and have been worn and loved, but they're about to be loved a whole lot more :winkiss:

Cinnamon, love those springolaters. I found a pair of red ones(preworn) several yers ago. I wore them to death,just loved them.They were surprising comfortable and stayed on feet very nicely. I really liked the way guys would stare at my feet when I wore them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lol, I find it difficult to imagine that the lady who wore these in the 50s had many morals :winkiss:

People's morals ought not to be judged on the type of shoe they wear. In the mid-fifties and early sixties I worked for a large company where many of the secretaries wore spring-o-lators. All the secretaries whom I knew that wore spring-o-lators were very nice people and appeared to have decent morals. One secretary who I gave a ride to work each day wore spring-o-lators everyday for the three years that I knew her. She was a hard worker and never said anything that I would question her morals. One interesting observation that I did make, that she always wore spring-o-lators and I never saw her wear anything else. I asked her one day why she always wore spring-o-lators and she told me that they were the most comfortable high heel that she could wear at work. In the company cafeteria during lunch, I could count about a half a dozen women wearing spring-o-lator high heel mules.

My aunt from California also wore spring-o-lators and Polly Mules and she wore them to church on occasion. I have observed that women who wear high heel mules hardly wear any other type of high heels. Of course, high heel mules show off a woman’s pretty feet and make their legs look sexier and they even walk sexier.

Why don’t high heel pumps get the same rap?

~john

Mule Freak

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The story with these shoes didn't have such a happy ending :) When they arrived, the heels were very badly worn down so they needed re-heeling. However, when I took them to be re-heeled, the heel came off and I was told that they couldn't re-heel them because the wooden peg inside had broken off inside :) So still trying to find a cobblers who will do something with them. Also, the shoes have twisted slighty with previous wear. Not really sure what can be done with them. Any ideas or recommendations for cobblers in the UK with experience with vintage shoes? ps. Apologies for the HUGE delay in following this up, 2009 hasn't been my best to date so I've not really been logging into the forum regularly.

Cinmon Have you got any photos of the Springators as the ones from the start of this thread no longer work. Goood luck with getting them repaired. They sound like a quality shoe. Fred

• 1 month later...