Hurdles towards men in heels......

Tljakes

So I was surfing Google on Men in heels and came across a lot of atricles and forums discussing the issue with no outright belief that women and society in general are really acceptable of men in heels. But what I saw in a lot of the replies made me shiver. A lot of men point oit very graphically their perversions towards heels and how they use them as sexual objects (or would I say Mis-use). In all fairness i don't think that any person would take men in heels seriously as a fashion if they keep on seeing men in heels with their productive organs taking centre stage or men telling the world just how much they like to have sexual acts with high heels. In all fairness I agree that people do have their personal choice in fetishes and I don't have the right to tell them they're wrong. But throwing it blatantly in peoples faces like this is making society in general believe that if you are a man wearing heels you surely fall into the same catagory and see you as perverted and sick. How many woman of men try to do the same search and end up with these results? How are we as as men wearing heels then going to explain that we do it for the wearing of a mere garment rather than a sexual fetish/perversion?

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

How are we as as men wearing heels then going to explain that we do it for the wearing of a mere garment rather than a sexual fetish/perversion?

1- If someone makes a comment about you wearing heels directed to perversion, direct them to this web site.

2. Who cares what they think!:thumbsup:

real men wear heels

. . .But what I saw in a lot of the replies made me shiver. A lot of men point oit very graphically their perversions towards heels and how they use them as sexual objects (or would I say Mis-use).

In all fairness i don't think that any person would take men in heels seriously as a fashion if they keep on seeing men in heels with their productive organs taking centre stage or men telling the world just how much they like to have sexual acts with high heels.

In all fairness I agree that people do have their personal choice in fetishes and I don't have the right to tell them they're wrong. But throwing it blatantly in peoples faces like this is making society in general believe that if you are a man wearing heels you surely fall into the same catagory and see you as perverted and sick.

How many woman of men try to do the same search and end up with these results? How are we as as men wearing heels then going to explain that we do it for the wearing of a mere garment rather than a sexual fetish/perversion?

This is precisely why we (as a member of the HHplace staff) are so diligent about keeping HHplace content clean and respectable. The general public has an image associated with men wearing heels and it is unfortunately a negative one -- thanks to people like you are describing in your posting. We are trying to dispel this image so more men can enjoy wearing heels more often.

Have a happy time!

well, I for one agree with this thing, I really do not know what this attitude is (or for that matter has been all along) in regaurds to as to the "mystique" if you will, about the feminine desire to wear high heels in the FIRST place! the so-called "symbolizm" of sex and/or gender & fashion & what it is SUPPOSED represent is rather confusing in that one CANNOT be the same as the other, yet somehow it IS confused, almost to the point of being the same (as one thing I mean) look, we all know that feet are just that- feet, on ANY gender & that style (or the concept of it) has NOTHING to do with the gender in question & their feet I wear the WOMENS size 9 in almost all of my footwear with the exeption of some dress shoes for very rare occasions, like my sisters wedding last year, being the ONLY ones that are MENS- & my black REEBOK work shoes are the PRINCESS style (again, womens size 9 here) & just because they are LABELED as such means nothig to anyone- least of all to me. so I find it all rather rediculous as to the other peoples reactions to styles of heel highth, shaft highth, heel shape, or any thing else that is not "steroeotypical" of what is ASSUMED to be "mens style/for men" I dont really think that most people even KNOW why they react the way they do, on a subconcious level.

100% agree. I've posted something similar before, as to why I like to wear heels, and the reasons are not in the slightest bit sexual or fetish! Lol. The appearance, the style, and even the comfort of a raised heel are my main reasons for wearing heels............just wish I wore them more often! :thumbsup:

Your very post and the problems you describe are the same reasons why heels4men.org exist's, but nobody is using it so I'll just close it soon...

To bad because I tried to get involved but haven't seen any new posts for quite some time.

real men wear heels

Your very post and the problems you describe are the same reasons why heels4men.org exist's, but nobody is using it so I'll just close it soon...

Tech

I found that site before I found this site and watched it for a couple of days and saw no activity. Then I found this site and saw the activity change every couple of hours and joined here. Sorry to hear it did not catch on.

Anything good can be put in or used in a bad light. The attractiveness of a sports car can be tainted by the actions of its driver till everyone else is repelled by its presence. The French Revolution left such a stinch for the wearing of high heels that many years had to pass before anyone would even consider wearing them in public for social activities. Now high heels have an undeserved reputation for being used as objects in the activities of sexual play. Like guns don't kill (people do), high heels are just one of the items that have been used for their attractiveness by some while participating in acts of perversion to enhance the acts and making them more desireable for those involved. The high heels on their own don't have the abilities decide their usage (people do). When we as the group of heelers support the image of high heels in a good light by our wearing them, this perception of high heels as objects for perversion will have less of a hold on the public awareness. Never-the-less, once a perception is realized, it is almost impossible to clear it out altogether, especially if it is so widely known. However, seeing the skin of a person beyond their face use to be a social taboo. Now, seeing a person in a tank top and shorts is somewhat of a common sight for summer outfits. To mention the thong here is a bit redundant.

Tech:-)

Too bad that the Heels4Men site hasn't worked out, but since no one is posting there, but here, it may as well be shut down.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Indeed, it seems the very things people complain about wanting, are the very things they wont use when given to them...

Lots of guys often dont want to have any "association" with the fetish or other common stereotyping of wearing heels, yet given a "guys place" that has none of that at all, they ignore it..

Oh well.... less work for me to worry about I guess :thumbsup:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hi All, I'm new to the forum :welcome:. I wear normally cowboy style boot with 7.5 cm (3") heel everywhere, and 10 cm (4") in public but in a discreet way. I think that high heel shoes are designed for female fashion, so they tend to enhance female appearance (short and narrow feet, pointed toe, thin legs with thin heel), and this is not the best for male fashion, because this reinforce the (wrong) stereotype about man wearing high heel. Unfortunately almost nothing above 5 cm (2") is specifically designed for male fashion to enhance male appearance. I hope for some high heel designed for men in the future :thumbsup:.

Anything good can be put in or used in a bad light. The attractiveness of a sports car can be tainted by the actions of its driver till everyone else is repelled by its presence...

Now high heels have an undeserved reputation for being used as objects in the activities of sexual play... The high heels on their own don't have the abilities decide their usage (people do)...

When we as the group of heelers support the image of high heels in a good light by our wearing them, this perception of high heels as objects for perversion will have less of a hold on the public awareness. Never-the-less, once a perception is realized, it is almost impossible to clear it out altogether...

I will readily admit that while high heels, of themselves, have almost nothing to do with sex; one thing that must be recognized is the power of association. Therefore, whether rightfully or wrongfully, the mental association of the high heeled shoe with sexual activities has, over the years, become so powerful that some people absolutely cannot see the one without associating it with the other. This perception will be almost impossible to fully erradicate any time in the foreseeable future.

Nevertheless, any rational view of heels must see them as fashion accessories and not as sexual objects. As has often been pointed out, many people do experience a moderate amount of pain when wearing heels and some have even suggested that when it comes to fashion, "No Pain - No Gain". Well I have quite enough pain in my life, and you have my solemn assurance that I wear heels: 1] as a fashion accessory; and 2] to help me make up for the 4 inches of height I lost when my spine collapsed. Moreover, I do not wear heels for any sort of sexual purposes, nor to experience pain.

Therefore, it is my sincere hope and purpose that high-heeled devotees here on this forum will endeavor to dispell the false notions about people wearing heels, and try to present a much more balanced, wholesome view of heels as being the fashion accessories that they are. :thumbsup:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Tech:-) I would be one to thank you for all of the extra work and time that you have put in on the Heels4Men web site. If you choose to close it because of inactivity, I quite agree with your decision. Maybe this would give you extra time to spend with your loved ones which is always nice. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

This is my usual 3" heel boot, that I use everywhere (home, office, public), and which is not recognized as female shoe (although at the shoe store it is)

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/hh4m/Shoe%20shot/P1000186b.jpg

This is my favorite 4" heel boot (cowboy chunk heel)

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/hh4m/Shoe%20shot/P1000178b.jpg

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/hh4m/Shoe%20shot/P1000179b.jpg

Sometime it is considered female not for the heel, but for the pointing toe.

I'm looking for high heel which could be attractive for girl, while keeping/enhance my male appearance.

The 3" heel boot looks very passable. Except for a maybe a higher than normal heel, there's nothing I see with them that says, "they're definitely women's boots". For the 4" heel, in terms of appearing like a men's boot, you could probably have gotten away with EITHER the high heel or the pointed toe, and not draw too much attention. With both, you probably get some attention (which you may not want). I'd think this heel, but the rounded toe of the 3" boot, might have gotten you more discretion. Did you buy those boots off the rack, or have them custom made? I like the heel height of the 4" ones (I'm looking for a discrete 4" boot for myself). How is the noise (heel clack) from each one? Is there a difference between the two? I'm wondering if the heel shape and height might affect the loudness (I'm looking for something quiet).

I get all of them directly at the store shelf, but I have to look at many woman boots before found something which was discreet and I like to wear.

I had never get comment/attention for the 3" boots, while I get some attention for 4" boot.

To reduce the heel clack, normally I replace the plastic bottom (very common) of the heel with a rubber layer which is more quiet. This can be accomplish easily with chunk heels, but is not feasible with thin/stiletto heels.

The clack of 4" boot is little bit louder, but it is acceptable in both case; the pointing toe is still the details which is getting attention.

I have also found this boot at the store

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/hh4m/Shoe%20shot/P1000181b.jpg

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/hh4m/Shoe%20shot/P1000182b.jpg

which is a boot with 11 cm (4.5") heel and rounded toe, but I don't walk very well on them, although I get less attention.

Up until now, I never thought of a man's interest in high heels to be anything except sexual/fetish. I bought some womens heels and wore them around the house for the simple fetish enjoyment (it has been well over a decade since I've done so) when nobody else was home. Back in the 70s I had a pair of mens' heels (I forget for sure, but think they were almost three inches) when that was in vogue. I only felt satisfaction for participating in the current fashion, and after a couple years went strictly lower in heels. I found myself excited by women in heels as always, but never paid attention to what other men wore. It is interesting to read women say that they wear heels for the sexual "buzz" (for lack of a better term!), but many male posters here don't. While I would never wear a pair of heels in public, it is refreshing to read that not every man that wishes to wear heels in public does so for fetish enjoyment. To stray a little, I discovered this forum in hopes of pursuing my primary interest of women wearing their shoes in ways that may damage them, either accidentally or on purpose. Since then I have been exploring the different facets presented here trying to see where I stand. I'm wondering what draws the most negative attention; men in A) stilettos and thinner heels; traditionally reserved for women, or :thumbsup: men in whatever the viewer sees as "high heels", no matter the style that creates the hurdle. I guess it pays to remember that there are true perverts out there that will steal womens shoes or knock a woman down to get her shoes that attaches a stigma to any man who enjoys wearing what many people consider to traditionally be "womens styles". Or showing any interest for that matter...... Hopefully this makes sense; I'm not out to offend, just trying to figure myself out in the long run, too!

...I'm wondering what draws the most negative attention; men in A) stilettos and thinner heels; traditionally reserved for women, or :thumbsup: men in whatever the viewer sees as "high heels", no matter the style that creates the hurdle...

The (:welcome: statement could have a couple different meanings. Barring that though, I'll go with (A). You could have a shoe with as short as a 1/2" heel, but if it's a thin heel, there's no doubt that it's a women's shoe (ignoring the fact that some men like to wear them). On the other hand, you could find shoes (mostly boots) with thicker heels, up to 2"-3" easily, and makle a case that they can be men's shoes. There was a recent thread that showed two legitimate men's (designer) shoes that had 2 1/2"+ heels.

The (:welcome: statement could have a couple different meanings. Barring that though, I'll go with (A). You could have a shoe with as short as a 1/2" heel, but if it's a thin heel, there's no doubt that it's a women's shoe (ignoring the fact that some men like to wear them). On the other hand, you could find shoes (mostly boots) with thicker heels, up to 2"-3" easily, and makle a case that they can be men's shoes. There was a recent thread that showed two legitimate men's (designer) shoes that had 2 1/2"+ heels.

"A" is my first choice, too unless the man is doing something to draw attention to the heels. The ones I spoke about wearing in the mid 70s had heels like you mentioned...pretty high, but very chunky. I wouldn't feel ill at ease wearing them today in public; just a bit out of date I guess, knowing when I got them! The out of date feeling would be the same as wearing a thin collar and tie - or (shudder!) bellbottoms...... :thumbsup:

Up until now, I never thought of a man's interest in high heels to be anything except sexual/fetish. I bought some womens heels and wore them around the house for the simple fetish enjoyment (it has been well over a decade since I've done so) when nobody else was home.

Back in the 70s I had a pair of mens' heels (I forget for sure, but think they were almost three inches) when that was in vogue. I only felt satisfaction for participating in the current fashion, and after a couple years went strictly lower in heels. I found myself excited by women in heels as always, but never paid attention to what other men wore...

I'm wondering what draws the most negative attention; men in A) stilettos and thinner heels; traditionally reserved for women, or :welcome: men in whatever the viewer sees as "high heels", no matter the style that creates the hurdle...

First allow me to say, "Welcome to the forum, Capital W." :thumbsup:

In my personal experience, the cause of almost 100% of the negative reactions men receive when wearing high heels is a narrow-minded, opinionated viewer! Having worn heels for some 50 years, I cannot recall a single negative reaction from a balanced, open-minded person. This is precisely why I say that minds, like umbrellas and parachutes, work best when open.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

did you watch kinky boots again on tv last night ? Even the most hardened anti men in heels type bloke can soften when he knows the whole story. It's a stock reaction, such as, being direct, forgive me, "nigger", "lesbo", said without thinking.

I've often been presumed to be gay, which in itself bothers me not, as I like to be myself.

Only one life, be true to yourself (as on facebook group).

We all have preconceived ideas, mine being fox hunting for example. Yes, keep the number of foxes down, but why ride out looking like twats.

Sit a fox hunter down, no doubt he has as good a reason for foxhunting as i have for heeling.....

To mind, it's the difference between us all that makes life interesting....

First allow me to say, "Welcome to the forum, Capital W." :thumbsup:

In my personal experience, the cause of almost 100% of the negative reactions men receive when wearing high heels is a narrow-minded, opinionated viewer! Having worn heels for some 50 years, I cannot recall a single negative reaction from a balanced, open-minded person. This is precisely why I say that minds, like umbrellas and parachutes, work best when open.

Thanks for the welcome!! I used to do the DC bit years ago...hated capital hill with a passion!

I've been thinking; wasn't there a time where high heels were fashionable for men? I'm talking like the 1600s or there abouts. I wonder what changed the social outlook on men in heels...

I've been thinking; wasn't there a time where high heels were fashionable for men? I'm talking like the 1600s or there abouts. I wonder what changed the social outlook on men in heels...

Correct! Men were actually the first to wear them. After the French revolution, they tended to be associated with the artistocrats, so after the heads were rolling I think they didn't want to be associated with them for that reason. If I'm wrong, I'll bet Dr. Shoe can set me straight :thumbsup: . The Wikipedia article mentions guys history of wearing heels.

I'll agree that if men in heels is seen as a sexual thing, it's not going to catch on well. Likewise, men wearing them rather tastelessly isn't going to help much either. A 350 pound guy trying to wear kitten heels is going to look a little strange. Can you imagine a 350 pound woman wearing them? I can't. If I wear them in public I try to think about how they look, and I'll make sure I like what I see in the mirror. For the most part, nobody has given me grief for it, and I don't really care what random strangers think. I can say that I have actually worn stilettoes in public, and other than some stares and double takes, I really haven't had any bad reactions. The last time I wore them, I actually got a compliment from a guy.

Thanks for the welcome!! I used to do the DC bit years ago...hated capital hill with a passion!

If you hated "the Hill" before, just try and imagine what it's like these days with more security than we have at Ft. Knox. Just trying to drive through the area is like "mission impossible". :thumbsup:

Once upon a time, history records that men have worn: earrings, necklaces & other fancy jewelry; skirts (or similar garments such as kilts); wigs; lace cuffs, collars, & handkercheives; perfume; silk shirts; high heels; long hair; purses; fur coats; and fancy embroidery on jackets & coats; (did I miss anything?). :welcome:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

To OP: The reason most men see it as a perversion is 'cause they've been looking at sexy women in heels all their lives. To them, heels=female sexuality, which for most straight men seems perverted. Blame society for indoctrinating them that way, and selves for allowing indoctrination.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

So I was surfing Google on Men in heels and came across a lot of atricles and forums discussing the issue with no outright belief that women and society in general are really acceptable of men in heels.

But what I saw in a lot of the replies made me shiver. A lot of men point oit very graphically their perversions towards heels and how they use them as sexual objects (or would I say Mis-use).

In all fairness i don't think that any person would take men in heels seriously as a fashion if they keep on seeing men in heels with their productive organs taking centre stage or men telling the world just how much they like to have sexual acts with high heels.

In all fairness I agree that people do have their personal choice in fetishes and I don't have the right to tell them they're wrong. But throwing it blatantly in peoples faces like this is making society in general believe that if you are a man wearing heels you surely fall into the same catagory and see you as perverted and sick.

How many woman of men try to do the same search and end up with these results? How are we as as men wearing heels then going to explain that we do it for the wearing of a mere garment rather than a sexual fetish/perversion?

see our location is the same, where in SA are you???

then @ Tech

pity that your site did not work out, thats the way it works some times, sadly

as time goes on and demand for more and more sites such as this one and yours increase, maybe movement will grow!!

this is a great site, and to have something similar running side by side becomes difficult

In these tough economic times have seen many forums fall by the way side

Every where has gone quiet although not here

The other forums that I frequent concerning other hobbies have gone quiet!! And some even closed

Your site your choice, maybe hang on in there!!