Treadmill bought for rehabilitation

vroon_saskia

Hello you all,

I decided to buy a treadmill after my ankle surgery.

Yesterday it was delivered.

This way i hope i can do some good walking excercises in the comfort of my own home, when it's cold and windy outside.

I have to re-train my ankle/foot musscles after surgery and get them flexible again.

Beside normal work-outs i would like to try also wearing heels from time to time on the treadmill.

By summer i really hope i can wear some high heeled pumps/ or platform sandals again as i was used to a year ago.

I do like the boots i wear now(have to for ankle stability) but love to get back into my pumps that already waiting a year in my closet....much nicer and sexier offcoarse.

Attached is a picture of the treadmill i bought

Question:

Are there girls here that do have experencies with working out on high heels, for example on a treadmill?

What are the Do's and Dont's?

post-15245-133522876608_thumb.jpg

Hi Peggy,

Indeed i was not my intension to use thin heels on that treadmill.

Just only boots that have a wide/big heel.

Wedges would also be a good/usefull idea.

Today i walked 30minutes on the treadmill with my boots on.

Works great, and a very good excercise for me.

I don't have any experience with heels on a treadmill but i would think that your thin heels would damage the tread. i would try something with a wedge at first and go slowly. Peggy

• 2 years later...

Since i really do not wear anything but heels i have tried the gym in barefeet which they will not allow me anymore and once or twice in heels. I have a friend in a condo and i have done 30 minutes on her treadmill at 3-4 km per hr and it has been fine. I have tried the eliptical in heels but that is much harder as there is more change in your foot patterns. The treadmill is quite easy in my 4 or 5 inch heels.

Indeed i was not my intension to use thin heels on that treadmill.

Just only boots that have a wide/big heel.

Wedges would also be a good/usefull idea.

Today i walked 30minutes on the treadmill with my boots on.

Works great, and a very good excercise for me.

How high are the wedges on the boots you wear on the treadmill?

How how are the boots? Ankle boots? Calf boots? Knee high boots?

• 1 year later...

Well years later I do wear heels at the gym at work where there are no shoe police and as long as the are not spike heels nobody complains. I wear thicker heeled pumps or wedgies and the pumps work better. Do 30 minutes on them two times a week. This summer started to bike again with heels (plastic pedals do not damage the area of the shoe between the toe and heel)

I think it is a good idea to walk on the treadmill in your heels. I do that sometimes in my workplace, as we have a small ladies gym in the office building. Most of my colleagues wear heel boots in the office, so we use the treadmills with our heels on. Just make sure the treadmills are good brands and durable.

Boot me up, Boot me down