What's your Pet Hate?

I hate ignoring the feeling that something I'm doing will go wrong and then having to watch it go wrong.

i have lost count of how many times i have been there and done that, horrible feeling when it all goes pear shaped in front of you

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

• 1 year later...

I've got one. I hate it when I have to hire technicians to repair something that I can't fix myself, and they either don't know what they are doing, or they just want to get your money. I just avoided spending thousands of dollars to replace something that one technician deemed "worn out". He didn't do much diagnosis to arrive at that conclusion, but he did some minor repairs which didn't fix the problem I reported. I got a second opinion thankfully, and the second guy took many measurements to determine that it was working fine, the problem was something that needed an adjustment, which he did. He went on to say it was far from being worn out and there's no indication that it needs to be replaced soon. What irks me is what if I wasn't an engineer and took the first guy's words without question?

I can rattle 10 off the top of my head.. 1- school buses 2- people who won't be direct 3- suckups who pass the work of others off as their own 4- the jerks that cellphones and texting create 5- Microsoft 6- lawyers 7- work 8- SpongeBob 9- public groping 10- Christmas Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Cell phones..... I hate mine... I hate yours..Yeah..You!...You reading this right now....I hate-hate-hate-hate your cell phone with a passion... And your ring tone is stupid too!...:unsure: ah..I feel better now..:silly:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Software writers who insert automatic defaults in programs without providing us with a "defeat" mechanism for that particular feature. Its really insulting when someone tries to do your thinking for you.

Software writers who insert automatic defaults in programs without providing us with a "defeat" mechanism for that particular feature. Its really insulting when someone tries to do your thinking for you.

See my #5, Microsoft... lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Drivers who drive on sidelights, fog lights in the rain, sit in the middle lane of a motorway, need I go on?

Do you mean driving with sidelights in daytime when visibility is good - or instead of headlights when headlights are not essential (e.g. on a lit road in a built-up area?) The former is unnecessary and wasteful (although I think it about to become a legal requirement for all new cars) but headlights used unnecessarily are also wasteful and can dazzle other road users. The bright halogen headlamps are the worst culprits.

Sitting in the middle lane does no real harm if traffic can still overtake, but hogging the outside lane on any road is a real pain. I sometimes wonder why the A12 (for example) has an inside lane - no-one uses it much!

My pet hate? ... Also hate the

advertising slogan "the soup that eats like a meal". Hopefully, you would eat the soup, and not vice-versa.:silly:

Quite right - and US English has too many verbs used wrongly in the active sense, e.g. you 'graduate' your students (although they are not instruments!), 'terminate' employees (rather than their employment) and you allow a ship (rather than its passengers) to 'disembark'. (But don't start me on criticising your countrymen's abuse of my mother tongue - I would be here for hours! :unsure:)

my pet hate? well here's one of 'em- when other people look @ you wearing even flat heeled thighboots(sometimes that is)as if you were strange (I mean to say ofcourse men wearing them like me or any guy in here) completly forgetting that the boots in question look exactly masculin (by older fashions that us men once wore in past times) such people I just ignore because they really dont know any better if they never looked into history of mens footwear!:silly:

Hi, I mean drivers that drive on side lights at night, drive around London at night and you will see what I mean, you can't see half of them for all the other lights that are on. Try towing a trailer or caravan etc on a motorway, you come across somebody in the middle lane, you have nowhere to go, over take in the outside lane or undertake both totally against the law. I normally wait until my car is just past them then pull in, they soon find out you have a large trailer in tow, not very nice but it works.

life is not a rehearsal

Yes, dww, I do understand what you mean - and have experienced it to in 40+ years of driving in most of UK, inc London. Lighting at night is a question of balance: sidelights alone can (as you say) get 'lost' - but even dipped headlamps can be equally irritating when they tend to swamp what is around (and blur outlines of vehicles etc), especially when it is raining. I can't speak from experience when towing but any driver obstructing another's safe and legal overtaking is being, at best, anti-social. There is no need to hog a lane in these situations.