What's your Pet Hate?

Must be a "Brit thing"...:thumbsup:

No, its a "catholic" joke. "pulls out at the last minute"... oh dear...

ya, whats a lorry driver?:welcome:

Lorry = Truck

In the UK, Lorry typically goes to 7.5ton, the "big-rigs/18 wheelers" are called "Articulated lorries" due to their impecable use of the english language.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

women that wear shoes three times too small , so the top of there foot is like a huge loaf of bread :welcome: Yuk

And also ugg boots and them stupid croc things :thumbsup:

Actually ugg boots on the right person with the right attire look quite nice and thats coming from a person who used to detest them. Having said that, there are a few different types of those boots and whilst some look okay others are quite grotesque.

I have to agree with you over women that wear shoes three times too small though.

Lorry = Truck

In the UK, Lorry typically goes to 7.5ton, the "big-rigs/18 wheelers" are called "Articulated lorries" due to their impecable use of the english language.

Actually rigids go far heavier than 7.5 ton, I have driven six or eight wheelers weighing as much as 30 ton fully laden!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have to agree with you over women that wear shoes three times too small though.

Usually women that wear shoes that small also wear dresses that are at least two sizes too small making them appear stuffed and stretched and top heavy, placing visual stress on their top heavy frame that is sitting on a base that is way to small to support the structure.

While their choice may be very fashionable and expensive, their appearance is ruined by their lack of admission that they are not still the same size they were when they were 20.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Actually rigids go far heavier than 7.5 ton, I have driven six or eight wheelers weighing as much as 30 ton fully laden!

I know, hence I used the word "typically" as it was meant only as an example to explain what a lorry was... Never mind... :thumbsup:

Lorry = Truck

Now I get it!:welcome::winkiss::lmao::thumbsup:

real men wear heels

thank you darling, us in the UK are impeccable both in grammar and dress sense. Now european lorry drivers, now thats a different story..... When i drove down the M1, i would see a smack up involving a european lorry driver virtually daily, they are a hearse on 18 wheels.... seen them bounce a jag off the motorway, and have a mini sideways for 400 yards.... both right in front of me... They only deserve a pedal car.....

Another pair of hates is

Girls wearing knee boots except their legs are to thin to fill them (excepting cowboy tops of course).

and

Older women in trousers/pants that end 4" above their ankle whatever heel height they're wearing, flags should stay on flagpoles please,

Al

Girls wearing knee boots except their legs are to thin to fill them (excepting cowboy tops of course).

I'll second that. Its a bit rank when I see girls with legs so skinny they look like they could get both legs into just 1 boot, and their ankles still wouldnt touch!

I'll second that. Its a bit rank when I see girls with legs so skinny they look like they could get both legs into just 1 boot, and their ankles still wouldnt touch!

:thumbsup::lmao::welcome: Funny in the same way as the signature of one of the other members that says: "He was so narrow minded that he could see through the keyhole with both eyes."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Narrow minded people definitely, is my worst pet hate. Like people who say "Oh, men wearing heels sucks" when they have never seen a man wearing heels apart from a drag queen or a comedy act or a pantomine. If you don't have the experience of what can be achieved, or the mental capacity to be a visionary, then it's best to keep your mouth shut ;-)

People who instantly hate scene kids. People who drive and don't use their blinkers. (For the love of god, it's a flick of your finger.) People who talk with their mouth foul of food and are loud with their eating habits. People who don't smell good. People who dress like they're not overweight when they are.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

Yes, everyone I have ever met talks with their mouth open. Terrible habit isn't it?

I do of course mean when they eat with their mouth open. Also when those people talk with food in thier mouth.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

I hate people who say "I / he turned round and said..." 1/ were they standing with their back to the other person (ignorant) ? 2/ were they interfering in someone else's converation (rude) ? 3/ were they showing off their ballet skills (ballet boots?) ? Whatever it is you have to say, keep still !!!

People who use "was like" instead of "said" And I was like "shall we go out" And she was like "yeah suppose" And I was like "you don't want to?" And she was like "whatever" I heard almost exactly this dialogue the other day, and it was like so totally like uncool ;-)

People who say or write any of these:

'bored of' instead of 'bored with' [someone/something]

'debit from' instead of 'debit to' [an account]

'text' instead of 'texted' (as in 'I texted him the information')

'meet up; park up; moor up' etc, where 'up' is not needed

'hopefully' instead of 'let's hope that' (or similar)

'Good, good', where a single expression of pleasure would invariably suffice

'Excuse me for a minute' instead of 'It's my round'

Using superfluous capital letters, as in 'What's your Pet Hate?'

... and many other irritating phrases or constructions!

I'm an unpublished (as of yet) author so by definition I must be nuts. For confirmation of this I am also a dude who wears womens shoes, tights, skirts, etc. So I guess balmy is right. (Although I really did think it meant nuts.)

By the way if "good, good" is a pet hate how about ??

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I hate it when people use inappropriate plurals such as "monies" and "persons"! Do they not realise that "money" is a self pluralising word and what's wrong with "People"?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.