Attitude!

johnieheel

I've seem to have picked up this attitude when older people or the red-neck type look down and see my heels and shake there head or give some kind of jester, I have this need to rub it in a little so I try to lift up my heel a little more than usual for better viewing when I walk and put my foot down a little harder to make more noise with my heel.:welcome: I have turned a "I hope nobody notices" attitude into a "Look at me-Look at me!" attitude. it's kind of a rebelious thing. Not anger but fun! Change is sometimes a good thing.:thumbsup: Anyone else have this fun kind of attitude?

real men wear heels

I too have noticed that I've changed how I act in heels. When I first started going through the malls in heels, my jeans use to cover all but the toes of my boots, but now I leave about an inch or so, and when I walk more is visable. And also when I stop to look at something I find I'm pivoting one foot up on it's heel (know what I'm talking about?) Giving ppl a better chance to notice my boots.

there is definitely a point you come to when wearing heels in public where you just don't care anymore what the nay sayers are sayin! sounds to me like your confidence level is up where it should be! which is great! i know when my confidence level went up i started having a lot of fun with my heels and my adventures in public became the stuff of real amusements!

I've seem to have picked up this attitude when older people or the red-neck type look down and see my heels and shake there head or give some kind of jester, I have this need to rub it in a little so I try to lift up my heel a little more than usual for better viewing when I walk and put my foot down a little harder to make more noise with my heel.:welcome: I have turned a "I hope nobody notices" attitude into a "Look at me-Look at me!" attitude. it's kind of a rebelious thing. Not anger but fun!

Change is sometimes a good thing.:thumbsup:

Anyone else have this fun kind of attitude?

Sound like that by showing them more of you heels. You are telling them that you don,t care what they think or say.

Sounds to me like there will soon be another crop of thigh boot wearers. The progression is something like: I don’t care if they see my heels, to I don’t care is they see my boots, to thigh boots sure do look like fun,… One of the nice things about wearing thigh boots over jeans is that you don’t have the worry of “can someone see my heels”.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I know the feeling, at the Apocalyptica concert I felt I was hiding too much and wanted to say more on the lines of "I can can't you!?" Al

Well, I've been of the opinion that if you're going to wear high heels, and wear them openly in public, then you just HAVE to have a devil-may-care, don't-give-a-damn what the world thinks mindset. You have to have the attitude that you have every right to go wherever you want, dressed however you want, and to hell with what the rest of the world says or thinks. I've openly worn thigh high boots, knee boots over tight jeans, even heeled boots with skirts, and I've approached each and every outing with the mindset that this is who I am, if you don't like it, tough! Be bold, be confident, perhaps even be arrogant, it's the only way to go, people!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes Johniheel, I too am showing more attitude. Recently, I was out wearing my red Mary Janes. I stopped at an outlet mall to return a couple of gifts that I found out were duplicates right before Christmas. This older couple, who I don't think make it into town too often were aghast at my shoes. The stopped, stared, and made no effort to hide their disghust. Though they didn't say anything, it really ticked me off. So, I stopped about 10 feet infront of them, raised my right leg and fiddled with the strap and the buckle for all to see. Then I grabbed my bag and headed on my way. Yes, I am wearing red heels, I look damn good in them, and if you are disgusted...deal with it.

Style is built from the ground up!

Yes Johniheel, I too am showing more attitude. Recently, I was out wearing my red Mary Janes. I stopped at an outlet mall to return a couple of gifts that I found out were duplicates right before Christmas. This older couple, who I don't think make it into town too often were aghast at my shoes. The stopped, stared, and made no effort to hide their disghust. Though they didn't say anything, it really ticked me off. So, I stopped about 10 feet infront of them, raised my right leg and fiddled with the strap and the buckle for all to see. Then I grabbed my bag and headed on my way.

Yes, I am wearing red heels, I look damn good in them, and if you are disgusted...deal with it.

HA! That's telling 'em! Clearly that older couple possess the set in concrete, ages old mindset that men who wear women's shoes are either weirdos, perverts or both. Minds like those will never be changed, so why not flaunt your boldness for them to see and be shocked. More power to you, my friend!

Great advice. It is amazing to me how lessons learned heeling are just great life lessons in general. I just need to mellow a bit, but the Scorpio in me just keeps popping up. Next time there will be tears (in a good way).

Style is built from the ground up!

Life's too short to worry about what the rest of the world thinks or believes. Just ignore the great unwashed and have fun as you go about the enjoyable business of wearing heels.

Indeed! Life is too short for anything like that to ruffle your feathers. This is me and that is the way it should be, so deal with it. Attitude is great if it is the right attitude that we want to show public wise. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...