Help Boots Lining Torn!

problem is the torn area takes alot of pressure when you slide your foot in,the only way i can wear them at the moment is to put a plastic bag in the boot,put it on and then pull the bag out,when i come to take them of it takes a while to wriggle out! also i cannot slide the shaft of the boot down that far,the material is'nt so forgiving so cannot be sewn thanks anyhow

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I also have a pair of boots where the lining is torn. I took it to one shoe repair shop who said that it cannot be fixed since it is a pull on style boot and not a zipper boot. Attention to member, shoerepairer. Can you confirm that this cannot be fixed?

I need some advice and how to repair the inner lining to the shaft of some boots,was thinking along the lines of something like duct tape?

has anyone seen a velour backed tape?

NEGATIVE on the duct tape or any similar effort! Negative on the seamstress as well; the reason being that the average seamstress will not have equipment heavy enough to stitch through leather or leather-like material. All such efforts will require a cobbler who has heavy-duty sewing machines (costing thousands of dollars American) for stitching leather. So the first question that must be answered is if the boots have a side zip or similar type opening that will permit getting into the boots without too much difficulty; immediately followed by what type of material the boots are made out of?

If the boots will open up so that you can get inside and you insist on DIY then you might consider using contact cement to glue in some kind of patch that will fix the problem. If that won't work then you'll need to take the boots to a cobbler and get the fix sewn-in.

On the other hand, if the boots don't open up then you have no choice, start planning a trip to your trusted cobbler to get the fix. Otherwise you will either have to live with the problem or replace the boots. :thumbsup:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I also have a pair of boots where the lining is torn. I took it to one shoe repair shop who said that it cannot be fixed since it is a pull on style boot and not a zipper boot.

Attention to member, shoerepairer. Can you confirm that this cannot be fixed?

This is not the case! but its important to remember how the boots are made! linings are usually stitched in before the footwear is put together, which means to replace them involves a complete strip down of the boot.

similar to this shoe (not one I did!)

http://www.shoerepairer.info/bb3/viewtopic.php?t=962

Ok its not a traditional shoe like the one shown, but it gives you an idea of the work involved to re-line a boot.

Most repairs can be done, but finding someone competent enough is one thing, it being cost effective is another!

Prevention is better than cure sometimes, buy a long handled shoe horn to put your boots on in future, it will reduce the strain on the lining when putting the boots on.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.