Hold up stockings

alba2000

Hi! Hopefully I'm not covering old ground here... but I love my heels and am now trying to get sorted with hold-up stockings to make my heeling more comfortable! Anyway, I am having trouble picking ones that stay up! I am 6ft with 30/32" inch waist. I have tried M&S (large) and Pretty Polly (large). Any suggestions? :thumbsup: Thanks!

What exactly is your problem? I am an inch taller with similar waist (but what have waist size to do with stockings/stay-ups?) and am having no prob at all. At least here in Sweden there is a BIG difference between stockings and stay-ups; stocking need garter belt/strap to stay up while stay-ups have a sticky silicone top. But the silicon doesn't work very good on hairy legs so some shaving could be nacessary. Was this of any help for you?

I agree that shaving your thighs would help the silicon grips keep the stockings up, but saying this, I sometimes have trouble having them stay up also. I have very large legs (30" thighs) so I usually have to go 1X Queen (I'm just over 6' tall). So, if I absolutely need to keep up the stockings, I will wear a garter, which is kinda fun anyways. You can probably find better quality stockings at Confilon.com...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

thanks! I kind of guessed leg shaving might be the answer. I have fairly thin legs so the tops of the hold-ups aren't super tight on me and had wondered if that was the problem. Anyway, in the mean time I guess I'll move on to tights (pantyhose). :thumbsup: Can't go wrong with those I'd think.

• 2 years later...

For me, getting hold-ups right took some trial and error. The sizing on hold-ups not only increases leg length but also the width of the opening at the top of the leg. If they're not on 'snug', then perhaps go for the next size down. Cheaper ones from supermarkets (approx 3£-8£ per pair) are perhaps the best place to start then invest in some good quality ones when you've worked out the correct sizing for your leg size. Hope that helps, Chris