Chicago, IL USA Heel Meet, Feb 27, 2009

iloveboots

1st ANNUAL NORTH AMERICA HEEL MEET - CHICAGO, IL, USA - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2009 at 8PM Co-Organized by "iloveboots" and "Ms C" $20.00 donation per person - covers entry, hot party snacks Drinks - BYOB Location - Private Studio (exclusive to the meet) located in South Loop/Pilsen neighbourhood ....we will write to those who PM and indicate they are attending with address and directions. Local rapid transit train stop close by and easy highway access . Parking located behind the building as well as street parking. Attendance is limited to 50 people. Dress - High Heels, Boots, Dress Up/Club, Fetish There will be a few High heel designer/retailer/manufacturers at the Meet showing off their latest kinky high heel styles; short heel fashion show; stock to try on. Including Skyscraper Heels. If you are in Chicago early or live in Chicago, many of us will be out and about (in our heels of course) shopping, dining and clubbing on the 25th and 26th before the Meet. Come and join us for the Pre-Meet Heel adventures! To date we have approximately 26 people as probable...... Please indicate if you are a "probable" or "possible" by adding a note to thsi thread or PM'ing Ms C or myself (iloveboots). Cheers, David & Ms. C. see "calendar" update as well for Feb 27

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I agree whole-heartedly with admirer. The effort put into these events is big league and I am sure the invite is there for yourself to put one on (and thus, posting the details as you see fit). BTW, Airwolf, if this forum is as "open" as you say it is, can you show us all a picture of your face? As for myself, it would all depend on the London heel meet. I hate being in the position I am in in terms of "wait and see", but for now, I guess that's all I can say. Good luck with it, and if I can go, I will.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I would love to attend and being just north of Chicago the travel distance is just about perfect. Keep us posted. I would also be more than happy, if someone would show me the ropes, to assist in arranging other events. Thanks and hope to see everyone there. Jen

I agree whole-heartedly with admirer. The effort put into these events is big league and I am sure the invite is there for yourself to put one on (and thus, posting the details as you see fit).

BTW, Airwolf, if this forum is as "open" as you say it is, can you show us all a picture of your face?

As for myself, it would all depend on the London heel meet. I hate being in the position I am in in terms of "wait and see", but for now, I guess that's all I can say.

Good luck with it, and if I can go, I will.

Please see the 2007 and 2008 International Heel-Meet threads.

My pictures are located there.

I am in both years group shots.

Airwolf

Hey, Airwolf, calm down!

Here is a person who puts his effort into arranging a meet for us and you immidiately pick on him.

I'll say; do something yourself or keep quiet!

BTW, thanks David for trying to make this happen. Promise to write some reports afterwards.

Admirer:

Do not get me wrong. I am not unappreciative of Craig's and David's efforts.

I know that it takes a lot of effort to organize a HM.

In this particular instance, I object to the location being kept a secret.

I can't think of a reason why the organizer has chosen to keep the location a secret. If the capacity for the event is 50, I doubt very much that 50 people will show up, especially in Chicago during February.

This is supposed to be an open forum.

Certain individuals need to grow up and stop acting like little children.

Airwolf

I guess the only reason I can think of keeping the location secret is to keep folks who would rather attend to make trouble and poke fun at those of us who do wear heels, but I'll say that wasn't a problem at the Ohio heel meet. I did think it was odd to get a PM about this (thank you Iloveboots :thumbsup: ), and then see the same thing here, but I'm sure Iloveboots has his reasons. No need to get ourselves worked up about each other's opinion. Personally, I think there would be a bigger turnout if he did post the location, but maybe he's anticipating a mob scene if he did and would rather keep it low-key, or, maybe he just wants a better idea of how many people are coming based on how many people inquire about it. Peace!

Admirer:

It's not your place to object as you're not putting in the effort on this meet. Once you run an event then you can thus make the event as transpearant as you'd like.

This is supposed to be an open forum.

It's as open a forum as the members feel comfortable with, nothing more, nothing less. If it's a total, "no secrets" forum you desire, this may not be the place for you.

Certain individuals need to grow up and stop acting like little children.

I think maybe you should take your own advice and I doubt I'm alone in thinking this. Let's now get back to civility please.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Its not a secret. You just havent asked them where it is have you?

I can't think of a reason why the organizer has chosen to keep the location a secret.

Does it not occur to you that maybe they dont want to "publicly broadcast" this info on the internet but might be happy to share with you out of public eyes? They might not want complete strangers or even people with camera's turning up etc...

If the capacity for the event is 50, I doubt very much that 50 people will show up, especially in Chicago during February.

And your point is?

This is supposed to be an open forum. Certain individuals need to grow up and stop acting like little children.

Airwolf

Indeed, it's very childish to have that "Me, me, me" attitude when the "bigger picture" is staring you in the face.

How many people here dont feel comfortable wearing heels in public, and are nervous broadcasting that info in such a public way.... Do you think it might be "possible" that for that same reason, they dont want to publish this info in public for the whole world to see?

If you want to go, why didnt you just ask one of them? Simple isnt it?

I think an apology would not be unwelcomed too.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Airwolf, In answer to the question or interpretation of "secret location", it is not a secret at all. I posted the location coordinates in Chicago so people familiar with the City would know approximately where it is for planning purposes, driving, parking, train. I also posted that the co-organizer (a member here at HHPlace)of the event is putting up her private studio (donated) to host the event, her studio is not a public venue. Those members who indicate they will be attending will be given the address and directions. I am sure you can appreciate that she does not want to broadcast her private studio address all over the web. If it was a public venue that would be a different story. Hope this answers your questions and also clarifies your incorrect interpretations. Oh yes, it would have been far cooler to have heard from you in a PM if you had concerns. David

Thank you for the explanation.

Have a good holiday!

Airwolf

Airwolf,

In answer to the question or interpretation of "secret location", it is not a secret at all. I posted the location coordinates in Chicago so people familiar with the City would know approximately where it is for planning purposes, driving, parking, train.

I also posted that the co-organizer (a member here at HHPlace)of the event is putting up her private studio (donated) to host the event, her studio is not a public venue. Those members who indicate they will be attending will be given the address and directions. I am sure you can appreciate that she does not want to broadcast her private studio address all over the web. If it was a public venue that would be a different story.

Hope this answers your questions and also clarifies your incorrect interpretations.

Oh yes, it would have been far cooler to have heard from you in a PM if you had concerns.

David

Yes, to the subject at hand.... GAHH!!! I could be the 1st and youngest to ever attend a heel meet D: And I am soo effin close! -sigh- Expect a story to come in the coming weeks. I may need to tell my older cousin of my fetish, and have her take/bring me to the Meet... :thumbsup:;; Oh boy...I so want to join.... (and sorry for me sounding like an over-excited child ^.^; )

Formally "HHDude"

Yes, to the subject at hand....

GAHH!!! I could be the 1st and youngest to ever attend a heel meet D: And I am soo effin close!

-sigh- Expect a story to come in the coming weeks. I may need to tell my older cousin of my fetish, and have her take/bring me to the Meet... :welcome:;;

Oh boy...I so want to join.... (and sorry for me sounding like an over-excited child ^.^; )

What happened to your truck? (If she does carry you to the heelmeet, be sure that she stays for the meeting. I'm sure she will enjoy herself. :thumbsup:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What happened to your truck? (If she does carry you to the heelmeet, be sure that she stays for the meeting. I'm sure she will enjoy herself. :thumbsup:)

Oh, nothing's wrong with my truck. It's fine. Shoot, I would just have to get directions on how to get there, money, and I'll need someone older with me, since this will be pretty late at night to be in Chicago. And so far from home.

Unless...there's a pre-meeting I can go to :welcome:

Formally "HHDude"

Still trying to work some angles to see if I can get up there for the meet. Guess I would be a 'possible', but make sure to let us know if you get close to the max of 50.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hey! iloveboots & Ms. C, I so want to attend the Chicago Heel Meet and I am making preparations to do so, but I can't commit at this time. It has been a long time since I was in the Chicago Area and I want to have the time to also revisit the area, but things are so tight right now. What is the cost of a room there for a few days? Are the gas prices close to the national average? What is the cost for transportation from the closest airport that I could fly into by commercial carrier from Utah.

All great questions. We are researching these questions now and will post hotel options/costs shortly for properties near the meet; airport transportation costs from ORD and MDW, the meet is on the train line but will get exact info; and also average gas prices in Chicago.

Definitely hope you'll make it to the meet!

David

Hey! iloveboots & Ms. C,

I so want to attend the Chicago Heel Meet and I am making preparations to do so, but I can't commit at this time. It has been a long time since I was in the Chicago Area and I want to have the time to also revisit the area, but things are so tight right now. What is the cost of a room there for a few days? Are the gas prices close to the national average? What is the cost for transportation from the closest airport that I could fly into by commercial carrier from Utah.

Looking forward to the answers being posted, for I am interested in attending too. Can't wait!

All great questions. We are researching these questions now and will post hotel options/costs shortly for properties near the meet; airport transportation costs from ORD and MDW, the meet is on the train line but will get exact info; and also average gas prices in Chicago.

Definitely hope you'll make it to the meet!

David

I am also interested in attending - I live in the Holland Michigan area - about 2.5 hrs away. Please send info to ***EDITED*** What time would the pre-meet start on Friday - I would probably stay Friday night and head home on Sat. Is this carrying into Sat? Love the fetish idea. Are there any other wifes / women going to attend? Thanks for putting this on! Bernheels

if this is a "open" forum how come we can't post email addresses ???

Where does it say that this is an "open" forum?

You cant post email addresses on our public pages, period. See the site rules. Thats why we have an internal, private message system, AND private email facilties that hides your email address for you.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

To all: The system here works - I sent a PM and they responded with more info about the meet. I will definetly be there - can't wait. Nor sure what to wear so I will bring all kinds of combos - mostly lots of heels :thumbsup: Bernheels

UPDATE!!!!!!!! For those members who are looking for a hotel in Chicago, a few of us have booked into the Seneca Hotel in downtown Chicago. This is about 15 minutes from the Meet and right in the shopping district downtown. I will be there from wednesday, feb 25 to saturday, feb 29. We have shopping, dining and clubbing planned for the two days before the Meet. Ms C and I will be sending Meet address and details in the enxt few days to the 38 + members who have indicated they are "definite" and "possible". Cheers, David

UPDATE January 12, 2009 If you are intending to join us at the 1st Annual NA Heel Meet in Chicago, IL on Feb 27th please let us know asap as we are close to meeting the maximum 50 attendance limit of the studio. We sent the address details to those who have indicated they are a definite (listed below). if you did not receive the address information please write to either myself or Ms C. Quite a lot of North America is covered by members from all parts of North America as you can see, from Massachusetts, New York, Canada to Florida, Arizona and states adjacent to Illinois. Those who have confirmed attending, (site name and state plus number attending); iloveboots & mrs iloveboots (Canada) two Ms C and friends (IL) eight SkyScraper Heels (IL) Ms Xena (IL) DianCD (IL) mr & mrs Chicouple (IL) two LadyLynn (IL) DantePosh (NY) HiStiletto (UT) Rachel Smithe (IL) WendyGrrl (IL) TaniaLaPute (MA) JimC (FL) Juliette (IL) KittyinBoots (USA) rtBoot2 (IL) Dee Thompson (IL) DommeREdVxn and partner plus friend (MN) three Jessica6 (AZ) Tom Duff (IL) Colleen Stewart (IL) Holland (IL) Bernheels and partner(MI) two RachelTVHeels and partner (MI) two JohnCinHeels (USA) Iris/Becky (WI) Sassy606xx (IL) In addition we have another dozen or so members who have indicated they are "possible" and we're awaiting their confirmation. David & Ms. C