where are the high heel hotspots?

Maximilian

I was at the mall today. It was packed with Christmas shoppers. Although it was close to minus 30 outside, very slippery as well (a reason why I only wear low heels with good traction soles in public during this time of year), I’m happy to say that there were lots of women wearing nice high heels.

While at the mall I was thinking to myself where the good places to spot lots of high heel wearers were. You’d expect certain businesses/shops in the mall to have a high number of women in heels. From my own observations I’d say good consistent spots for observation are:

The Mall in general. Sitting on a bench and people watching would almost guarantee a woman passing by wearing nice heels.

Cosmetics area of department stores (In Canada that would be Sears and the Bay).

Beauty/makeup salons. While passing by several of those today, I’ve witnessed that close to 100 percent of the young women working there wore very high heeled shoes/boots. One beautiful early 20’s woman sported a black leather cuffed thigh high 4 inch stiletto boots (worn over black tights and a baby t). My jaw nearly hit the floor. Black seemed to be the official color for clothes as well.

Designer clothes/shoe stores. Lots of women salespeople wore fantastic heels and outfits in stores such as Aldo, Nine West, Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew (high end department store) etc.

Cell phone stands/stores.

Jewellery stores.

Car showrooms .

Lunchtime around the downtown core of large office buildings. Lots of business women in nice business attire and heels.

The Airport. Every time I’m there I see lots of women wearing fantastic heels.

Bars/pubs/lounges/dance clubs on weekends. Well, that’s a no brainer.

Where else?

Hey Max i mus! Wow the temps are down in our part of the world for sure! 1st off I would say the hot spots are my big toe inside knuckle, followed by a left heel, LoL... But I am with you, the spots for sightings, well I have been pleasantly surprised by the downtown lunch crowd in Calgary, then I can bring to memory the trip to Milan in the Fashion district in late September. My god, there were heels everywhere, I mean I got sore neck from rubbernecking at heels. I think that was the best for me. It was fashion week/runway readiness all day. Got to say this time of year, pretty low viewing though except for the malls. Mtnsofheels

Hey Max i mus!

But I am with you, the spots for sightings, well I have been pleasantly surprised by the downtown lunch crowd in Calgary, then I can bring to memory the trip to Milan in the Fashion district in late September. My god, there were heels everywhere, I mean I got sore neck from rubbernecking at heels. I think that was the best for me. It was fashion week/runway readiness all day.

Mtnsofheels

I was in Calgary in late September. I saw 2 things downtown. Nicely dressed women in heels :welcome: and junkies/homeless people :thumbsup: