2008 Good year or bad year? for heels

bladerunner

Thought i'd start this off. Good: A very good year for me personally reasons: 1.more confident heeling in public (but not totally there yet!) 2.managed to buy some fantastic heels this year that i have coveted for a while ie louboutins and viv westwood 3.went to my first heel meet 4.Am starting to realise that few people give a crap what you are wearing! Bad: 1.left foot gives me some serious pain when heeling (and in flats) but not always..cant work out what sets it off yet 2.wife still not accepting me for who i am (work in progress!)

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

For me?? Good: 1. Have grown to accept, fully, my love for heels and found this place. 2. Now own 28 pairs of beautiful shoes. Most I'd ever owned before was 5 pairs... 3. Can now walk in 6+" heels well (always could walk in 5"ers), and am getting better. 4. Meeting all of you! Bad: 1. Too many shoes, not enough time/money! LOL 2. Not quite as comfortable in public as I'd like, but getting there...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

2008 Good Year!!!

I have learned that I am not the only guy who likes heels Thanks to HHP. My shoe collection and grown greatly. I have streetheeled in public and no one cares so far. I am getting very comfortable wearing heels and told some select people about my passion. 2008 has been a GOOD year for me and heels. :thumbsup:

Good:

* Started street-heeling for the first time in my life. Been doing it for the last three months now, and it feels fantastic!

* It's true! No one gives a damn! It really is all a head-game we play with ourselves!

* Wife is totally into it. She even got me to start shaving my legs and wear pantyhose.

Bad:

* Ummm... hmmm... can't think of anything...

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I'd say it was a good year for heels for me. I got more confident wearing them, I feel more at ease talking about them with other folks, I met several others at the Ohio heel meet, and I've worn stiletto heels in public with no bad response. I've also come to accept that they really are part of who I am, and I might as well not try to deny it.

2008 was a GREAT year for heeling for me!

1) Though I had been street heeling for years, long before I even knew there was a term for it, I made a consistent effort to do so this year.

2) HHPlace has been a valuable resource for me over the last couple of years and I decided to start my own threads to chronicle my experiences, seek feedback, and expand my heeling experiences:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/10811-2008_-_summer_happyfeat.html

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/11955-happy_feats_happyfeat.html

3) The NE Ohio Heel Meet was the high point of my year, getting to meet fellow heelers and share a wonderful afternoon was beyond great. Thanks to Johnieheel and Ruth for bringing us all together:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/real_life_meetings/10329-october_ne_ohio.html

4) I expanded my fashion boundaries this year by adding new jeans and putting together a few pretty decent looks.

5) I have made some wonderful acquaintances both here at HHPlace and during my heeling

The downside for 2008:

1) I have gained some weight causing my heels to fit a bit tighter and putting more pressure on the balls of my feet making heeling a bit uncomfortable for the first time in my life.

2) Due to financial restrictions I will not be able to attend the World Heel Meet in 2009 and will miss meeting everybody from across the pond. Nor was I able to join JeffB and Rxnexis at King of Prussia in November, but hopefully spring brings new opportunities.

3) I have gone a bit crazy and have too many shoes!

This is a great idea for a thread and I look forward to following it!

Style is built from the ground up!

2008 has been a great year for me in heels. Been spending more time in them in more places. Wife encourages me to wear them out and buys me shoes regularly. Still a little self conscious at times but getting over it. No one cares what you put on your feet and those that do are not the sort I care to hear their opinion on any topic. To those of you still having second thoughts about going out: Just do it. No one cares. It is ALL in your head. I know how hard it is to get started because I was there. Wish I knew then what I know know.

Greetings all! Well for the most part it has been a good year for heels, made major changes in work to deal with life that includes more heeling and freedom. Purchased 3-4 pairs of new hew heeled boots and shoes. The big purchase has been 2 pairs boots from Jean Gaborit in France. Finishing my house has been a major effort as well but will bring new time for heeling and traveling in the future, next year I will see the real benefit though. Also a personal benefit is: just do what I want in moderation and nobody notices my heeling interests. Downside is that S.O. or GF will take more work to over come my interests. My future is in sight ! Mtnsofheels

Last year I made a new year resolution, which I never ever have done or do, to wear heels on a regular basis everywhere I go. I did it! I have worn heels more this year in 2008, thanks to all you and a lot of encouragement from my wife, than ever before in my life. Its great and has been the happiest year of my life because I finally decided to just be ME! WoW what a thrill! I even organized a heel meet and I have never organized anything in my life.:lmao: Thank you all for coming and making it a very special event for me.:winkiss: I know it was for those of you who attended also. God Bless and Merry Christmas.:thumbsup::welcome: To All...

real men wear heels

I like this topic! Let me throw in my two cents worth!

GOOD

1- Knowing that I've been an influence to so many people here at HHPlace through my public outings

2- Developing more and more confidence for my outings and expanding my world by traveling to more places to be seen in heels

3- Discovering the incredible joy and delight that comes from wearing heels and skirts in public. I had no idea that was so much fun!

BAD

1- Just the yearly gripe about not being able to find gorgeous pumps in 13 wide

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I just want to thank you all for keeping my spirits up during the year 2008 when physically and health wise my body would not let me wear heels in public or even here at home. Reading of all of your heeling exploits in public has kept my interest high and I'm just waiting for the day when I can once again put my heels on again even if only at home to start with, with the hopes of streetheeling again in the future. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Been great for me too. Tons of new boots, my gf and I have been together since 2007, and she enjoys me in heels and encourages me to wear them. My next years goal now is to get a pair of jeans that I can wear inside my boots, and get over my nerves about wearing them that way, so myboots won't be hidden all the time.

2008 has been a good one for me to: Good: 1) I wear my heels everyday at home day and night when I am home 2) Wife has accepted this 3) She even buys me heels at times 4) Street heel in 4 inch stacked hell boots in a near by town - with the wife - she encouraged it 5) Wear hels back and forth to work - 30 minute ride Bad What could be bad - Life is good Thanks to all of you for encouraging each other - Merry Christmas to all!! Bernheels

And for PatentHeel:

Good

• finding hhplace
  • accepting my passion for heels will be with me always
  • coming clean about my passion for heels to the wife
  • my wife being understanding about it all
  • purchasing some nice heels
  • finding some good friends here at hhplace
Bad

• getting off to a bad start here at hhplace
  • spending too much money on heels
  • running out of storage space for my heels
  • not finding that pair of strappy sandals I so badly want
Merry Xmas everyone, thank you to all those who have contributed here at hhplace and for keeping this forum one hell of a great place to be.

Sorry for the recent outbursts, I've put that behind me now and would like to wish everyone at hhplace my sincere Best Wishes for the New Year.

Thanks

PatentHeel :thumbsup:

Wow what to say where to start Except I've tried twice to do this post but been disturbed each time:penitent: So third time lucky Good found the site in June/July, went away and came back in September and joined. told my lady in October (AnneV) and she joined in November. Most of my family know except the stepdaughters 6 pairs of normal shoes 6 pairs of heels 150+ posts in 4 months, never did that many across all my other forums I'm with numerous outings and confidence building. 3rd in the legs compo? Bad Just planning our wedding for next August:w00t2::thumbsup::w00t2::welcome::w00t2::winkiss::w00t2: Naw just kidding Now can I wear heels that night? Thanks to all that have given inspiration, I bow before thee Al

2008 was a great year for me:

GOOD:

- Thanks to this site, I found out I was not crazy...

- I decided to wear heels at work

- My confidence is building up...(Street heeling soon ?)

- I bought more heels this year than ever before !

- Was able to discuss with really nice people here

BAD:

- Shopping for heels is VERY addictive (I can't stop !)

- It cost a lot of money

- I now buy more heels than electronic gadgets...

Happy holidays to all :thumbsup: (and happy heeling)

Good

• Hanging out with all you heel nuts
  • Actually meeting a fellow heeler -- Thanks Jeffb
  • More street heeling in real heels
Bad

• Nice heels in size 11 in short supply in-store & online
I wish everyone a safe holiday and great 2009

rx

2008 GOOD I found HHplace in late 2007 and since I have been inspired to be myself and to accept the fact that my love of high heels is ok and now I wear my heels most days to work, and to my pleasant suprise no one cared. Thanks to all the wonderdul folks on this forum and the encourgment that comes this great site. Also thanks to the web site team and all the hard work you put into keeping this the best high heel web site to be a part of.:thumbsup: Bad Not enough money to buy all the shoes I see.

Good: Bought myself a pair of 3" knee high boots, a leather corset, some cosmetics. Got way better at applying make-up. Went to a big dark independent culture festival, and some smaller gothic rock concerts / parties. Made some steps towards becoming a feminist activist rather than just a theorist. Bad: Didn't wear my heels too often; limited myself only to parties...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Hello, what a nice topic! :thumbsup: Allthough 2008 was a bad year for me concerning wearing high heels. Had quite some troubles with my health, and had ankle surgery lately. So almost not been able to wear heels for months BUT... The year is almost over but now i can start wearing heels again after my ankle surgery, step by step....sometimes feeling again a teenager who has one her first pair of heels. :winkiss: Merry Christmas to you all, and 2009 will be "my heels year" :lmao: ......sorry for replying in the "For the guys"(as a natural woman) forum, but i don't think you mind :welcome:

Good, as I got much more comfortable with street heeling and that dressing up as a woman (like going to a costume party) helps a lot!

Bad, as my wife couldn't wear heels for most of the year. Good again that she does again now.

Good that I learned that forums like this one aren't democracies.

Missed out on this thread since I have not been around as much lately. I feel 2008 was a great year for me from a heeling perspective. Thanks in large part to this site, I started streetheeling at the start of the year, and have very gradually become quite open about doing so almost daily now. Still working out some of the courage, as I have no where near the confidence of HappyFeat, JeffB, KneeHighs, StilletoScot, Roniheels, JohnieHeel, and so many others here I couldnt mention them all. Glad to have read many of your inspiring stories, I feel all of you have helped me feel good about myself and in what I am doing. Thanks to everyone at hhplace.

'08 was a great year for me!!! ... managed to do a few, very fun, outings in London and New York City with some members of this forum. I toast to doing more heeling on this '09! P