Hello from the Bluegrass State!

Like most of you in here , I'm into heels .Mostly peep toe pumps . I have been looking around in here for some time . It seems I am not the only straight man in here that likes wearing high heels . There for a time I was thinking I had issues or my wires crossed or just to close to power lines. Thank goodness for finding this place. I told my wife about two months before we were to be wed about my "shoe collection" she said yea so what, just means we will be shopping together. What a load off my mind! Since then, I had sister with some ghosts in the closet . She spilled her guts about her problems and told me I had a normal life and that I had no problems .Thats when I told my mom and her I had issues as well .... with wearing high heels. I got one hell of a responce from them "cool" lets see you in a pair . I had to show them and my sister said you walk better than I do in heels.Mom said you have great taste in shoes and we need to go shopping sometime,we have many times.The whole family knows about it now. They are all cool with it.Back then I wore a 13ww in womens I also weighed in at 390 lbs today I am at 225 lbs and wear a size 11ww in womens . I get most of my heels from Payless or Zappo's outlet store. Well thats my story. I soon hope to be wearing them out!!!!! Thanks for this great site and be safe everyone! Bluegrassptp

I have been Banned for emailing abuse to tech when he tried to help me.

Hey Bluegrass Sounds only too familiar with a ton of our members, and it sure does sound great to hear such open mindedness and such a positive reaction from the whole family. Yet again goes to prove to all the guys who "think" they have a problem, that in fact, its just shoes.... Something to be enjoyed.. Your wife's non-chalant, yet positive reaction also sounds like it should hold many enjoyable shopping trips together for both of you, but I hope your not both the same size, otherwise you could wind up fighting of the last pair in the store :welcome: Welcome to HHPlace buddy :thumbsup:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Welcome! You certainly are not the only straight guy who happens to like heels. At least a few of us here have wondered if we had some loose screws when it comes to high heels, and the truth is that no, there's nothing wrong with that. Having others accept it is the tricky bridge to cross, but it sounds as though your wife and family are cool with it, so congratulations! :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of straight guys here that like to wear high heels, so you should fit in without any problem. Keep posting and tell us of your heeling adventures. It is great that your family goes for it as that is one big bridge that you don't have to cross. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi bluegrass. I am just another member to welcome you to hhplace. A friendly group with a lot of stories to tell about buying, wearing high heels especially out in public. I'm sure you'll have many pleasant moments reading all of our post and we'll have many reading yours. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey neighbor. Our stories are very alike in a lot of ways. It's so good to hear some positive things about ones family. Most of my family knows and are ok with it. I recently told my older brother and his response was that I'm still his little brother and if anyone gives you any sh.., I will kick their a..! There are quite a few of us in the neighborhood from Cleveland to the Pit, and now the blue grass. Hopfully you and your wife, and mother if she would like, will be able to attend our next heel meet in Canton Oh. Haven't set it up yet but Hopefully sometime in the spring. WELCOME!

real men wear heels

Very glad you are here. This is a great forum and has awesome members. Your story, as mentioned, is familiar. Before my wife and I got married I had told her one evening about my alter ego, so to speak. I had expected the worst. Well... She promptly told me, "Get your best heels on and meet me at the car, you owe me dinner." Had a great dinner, italian as I remember. Wecome, Jen

Hello there and welcome from St. Louis.

As several others have said I too felt my wiring was a bit mixed up, then I found this great bunch. I'm glad I did! I am lucky to have a supporting wife and daughters but the rest of the families don't know.

Enough about me welcome and have fun.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Welcome bluegrassbtp! Awesome story and welcome to the world which we are normal and others have not caught up to yet! That is so awesome that your wife and family know about your heeling interests. My S.O. knows but is still a little shy to be seen with me in public in heels. But that can change over time. Presently it is a burley -25c which not many heeled products are ready for, nor am I. Once spring comes boots and shoes galore are waiting for a walk. Enjoy HHplace! Mtnsofheels

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the board! I attended the University of Kentucky for a year in the early 1990's. Would have had more success if it weren't for Rick Pitino taking all of my time while I was there. I am in the Pittsburgh area, so its nice to have somebody else a few hours away. Your story is great and I am glad you found HHPlace.

Style is built from the ground up!