Fear of Boots, not necessarily heels . . .

azraelle

One of my fellow college students, a young woman (relative to me) asked me about my boots, similar to these:

Posted ImagePosted Image

(The actual material resembles the left pair, but the shape and heel height are similar to those on the right.)

She apparently believed that the boots, because of their relatively narrow toes, would be painful because of the toes of my foot being forced forward into such a narrow place. She asked several questions related to this, such as "don't they scrunch your toes together?" None of her questions were concerned about the height of the heels, per se, possibly because my pant legs hid them somewhat, but she did mention that "Of course I have worn high heels before, but not on boots."

With a bit of persuasion, I got her to hold out her hand, which I then surrounded with both my hands clasped together to try and demonstrate how the boots, with their total surrounding of shaped material, in this case vinyl, gripped the foot and prevented it from being forced forward by the height of the heel. E.g. a "glove-like fit". Consequently, my toes always stay relatively loose and comfortable. I also explained that you should buy leather cowboy boots rather uncomfortably tight, as they will stretch and mould to the shape of your foot over the course of a week or two, and become quite possibly the most comfortable footwear you will ever own.

When I enclosed her hand and explained the fit like a glove she finally understood.

My question is: Does this fear of boots, because of pointed or narrow toes exist generally in the population of girls and women? Could this explain why such a relatively few women ever wear boots? Is the height of the heels relatively superfluous when compared with the fear of toes being "scrunched"?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I have not come across this fear, I have small narrow feet and have generally found that I can tell whether or not a pair of boots will suit me and be comfortable in the shop, or at least after a few minutes. One thing I do know is that the price of the boots has very little to do with comfort. Suzy

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

One of my fellow college students, a young woman (relative to me) asked me about my boots, similar to these:

Posted ImagePosted Image

(The actual material resembles the left pair, but the shape and heel height are similar to those on the right.)

Great boots. I really like the model on the left. Too bad I can't find them in my size.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

I don't know if PayLess ships overseas, but the blue pair are available up to size 12 regular (USA sizes). They also come in tan.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks