Another heel ruined

Amanda

I wear heels everywhere and seem to be an expert at ruining them.

I have quite a few pairs at home now that are to expensive to throw out and I can't justify the expense of repairing them.

I'm on the look out for some simple way to protect them at for least some of the time.

I found this website today: http://www.smartheel.com/shop.html

I was wondering if any of you had tried those things or anything else like it that you found to help protect them???!!:w00t2:

I agree they detract from the heels. To me it's almost like having a beautiful and expensive sofa and then putting a throw over it to protect it. A heel tip has come off one of my Louboutins before but got it fixed when I took them back. I'm always careful with my shoes and fortunately all my expensive shoes are too new to have any problems. If I am really attached to them I would get them repaired but I can't possibly think I'll ever buy any aftermarket fixes to keep the shoes looking good because while you're wearing them the shoes don't look that good anyway in my opinion.

You're both very right. They are ugly and knowing me, I would forget to take them off. So the answer is to make fundamental changes to the industry or just wear stainless steel heels everywhere at the risk of looking slutty?.

Personally, if they were expensive and quality shoes in the first place, I would absolutely get them repaired asap at a *reputable* cobblers without any hesitation. I guess it depends on how much you enjoy those heels too. Even if they weren't premier designer but I enjoyed them, I'd get them repaired. Just yesterday, I had a mishap in some Louboutins at Paddington station. My heel slipped down one of the key holes of the drain cover whilst I wasn't looking where I was going and pushed the leather up. I was going to Louboutin anyway so that I could choose my Xmas pressie from the other half and the girls over at Mount Street assured me that it's very easily repaired. The cost of the repair is nominal in comparison to the initial outlay cost of the boots which were over £700.

Personally, if they were expensive and quality shoes in the first place, I would absolutely get them repaired asap at a *reputable* cobblers without any hesitation.

I guess it depends on how much you enjoy those heels too. Even if they weren't premier designer but I enjoyed them, I'd get them repaired.

I agree but I have a pile of expensive shoes that need to be repaired.

It's not going to happen asap.

I'm hoping that once there are enough guys wearing heels that they will appreciate and resolve the problem.:w00t2:

It's true that it's much easier to manage these things if they're dealt with when they happen else you end up with a load of things to do all at once, which is where it gets pricey. I finally got through my backlog a couple of months ago because I needed a particular pair of Miu Mius for an outfit which had been needing new heel tips for far too long. Saying that though, I really ought to practice what I preach and get a couple of recent mishaps repaired pretty soon.