Should shoe boxes carry more information ?

Firefox

I'm suprised at the lack of information on shoe boxes. Sometimes they are completely blank white cardboard. The height and style should at least be marked, and what about a little leaflet inside or instruction on the box for walking in heels properly? They could also carry a warning not to wear them for too long, and to vary your heel height too. I think many women I see could benefit from some tips on wearing heels. I'm often itching to go over to them and show them what they are doing wrong. I wonder how well they would take it, or if I would just get a slap round the face :smile: _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-04 03:23 ]</font>

Shoe boxes with more information. Yes. They need that. I like to know the name of the shoes, their "style" so to speak, but there is a need for more information as to the design features and dimensions on the box as well. Material would be a good one for the box, I think. Instructions for wearing? Designers have better things to do than write these up, like spend their oddles of money on extreme vices.

"They could also carry a warning not to wear them for too long". Isn't that a bit like health warnings on cigi packs, not necessary on shoe boxes. Oh I'm a lady and I see plenty who haven't a clue in heels but I wouldn't try telling them how to walk. I suppose it's a bit like driving a vehicle, how many people would tell you they're bad drivers, not many its just a point of pride. Could create shoe rage here! Might even get spiked! Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I agree that posting warnings on boxes smacks of the nanny approach, but that's the way society is going isn't it! Any enterprising woman should purchase a pair of 4" stils, run down the street over a few potholes in them, break her ankle good and proper, and then sue the manufacturer for a few thousand $$ on the grounds that there was no warning on the box. If someone can successfully sue a tobacco company for getting lung cancer, despite there being a warning on the packet, I think this stands a good chance of succeeding!

Some of the packaging I've seen shows a picture of the style (line drawing) and the size contained and the catalogue number but not much else. As previously mentioned, some have no labels at all. A warning on the boxes would be useful, but then are we then admitting that wearing heels can be damaging to your body. A point of law can be used in anyway that it can be interpretted. A pity that this is sometimes taken to extremes, the tobacco company for instance. What next? Are we going to sue the human race for damaging the atmosphere? Or God for creating something that could kill us? The insanity will never end!

I found a card in some boots I purchased from Barratts recently which reads as follows: <u>Care of your Barratts Fashion Boots</u> *Your boots have been maunufactured similarly to regular fashion shoes and with care and attention will give you good service. *Scotchguard protector creams or sprays will all enhance their appearance and afford protection. *Avoid excessive heat when drying. Any onternal moisture or damp that may result from continual wearing will be removed by suitable airing. *Take care of the zips by avoiding excessive force, and always fully open your boots prior to putting on or removing from your foot. *Please remeber your boots are not water-proof but if you follw these basic guidelines, they will give you satisfactoin, comfort, and reasonable protection. *As a final reminder, please take care not to use either boot to trap or hold the back of the ohter foot when removing. Over a period of time, this may cause deterioration of the back supports around the heel. At least they are giving some care guidlines.