2 Outings in one day... With my WIFE !!

joesranch2

The day started off great. We were up getting ready for Church. I have a pair of Ankle boots with a very chunck 3" heel that are very inconspicuous. I said to my wife, I think I am going to wear these today, she said ok.. I nearly fainted. Keep in mind that this is is the first time that I am going out in heels with my wife. To add to that, my daughter, and going to church with people I know very well.. Believe it or not I was not nervous. After all, if I can wear a different style f shoe at hime, I should be able to do this at church as well. You know God sees it all. You can not hide from him. (And he still forgives us, if we ask). So, off to Church we go. Absolutely no looks, or no comments. Really gave my wife confidence. Then after Church we went to our Sunday lunch at our favorite Mexican resteraunt. No looks therem and actualy ran to the truck (It was very cold.... and snowy). No issues, or looks there either. So, that was fun. THe day went on, my wife and daughter baking cookies all day, and then my daughter and I played the Wii for a while. I actually beat her one time in a Tennis match. My daughter then had to leave to go to her Mom's. (Not my wife. from a previous relationship..) I asked my wife if she wanted to go out for a drink later on. She said she would like that. So, we were off to get ready to go to the bar. It is in a bowling alley, and they have Karaoke on Sunday nights at 830. I went and got dressed with my jeans, and my 4" heeled black Nine west boots. The jeans were about an inch off the ground. My wife asks. Are you really going to wear them? I said yes, and she said OK. WOW, I need to be very thankful for her at this point. I know she really does not approve, but she is accepting, and going with it. Went to the bar, and she deides that we will sit at the bar instead of at one of the high tables. So, here I am all the heel showing bellied up to the bar... Looked down at thema few times, and then forgot about them. Got to parade oteh bathroom several times. it was a great night. We had a wonderful time.. Thank you to all here. it helps to get encouragement..

Great outings! I think your wife’s comment of, “OK. WOW” speaks volumes. One minor comment about your narrative. When referring to God you said, “You can not hide from him.” Who knows, it might be a her! We shouldn’t get caught up in the image Michael Angelo painted on the ceiling of a guy in flowing long robes and sandals. :w00t2:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sounds like you all had a great time. Don't push the wife too hard at first. Everything in moderation, you know. TBG might be right---a gal in long flowing robes with heels on yet. Who knows for sure? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. Ease into it with your wife. Be upfront and honest with her and ask her to be honest with you. Your choice of high heels was smart and you can go from there as you get more comfortable wearing high heels in public. Congratulations.

Fantastic It's great to go out in heels as a couple, even just a walk is so enlightening being able to discuss the differences required to be walking in heels. Matching heel styles adds to the fun. You wait she'll be asking "what no heels?" one day. enjoy Al

Great to hear! I'm glad to see someone getting out with thier wife. Kudos to her for being accepting of the idea. Just don't embarass her, as she sounds like a great lady. What does your daughter think of the whole Dad in heels issue? Have fun! -Eclextix

So many kind words, thank you all so much. I agree with all of you that I have to ease things with my wife. She is great, and I believe that if it was not for the fact that she accepts me for who I am, this would not be possible. I also know that if I hid it from her, she would have never accepted it. I have posted a few times around that subject. It is important to be up front with your spouse, or she will some day find out. That day is NEVER fun. I let her know my passion for what I call "shoe equality" before we were even considering marrying. Then took a long time to bring it up again, after I knew she would accept it.

As far as my daughter, I have to be very careful there. Her mom is one of those past relationships that I tried to hide it from, and she never accepted it. I have to be careful in fear that she will tell her mom, and she would turn that into a battle over her. I understand that she would probably not win, but the fight is something that I have to keep from her. The shoes that I wore were very calm. Not so much with the ones I wore later.

The comment on if god is a man or a woman, I must answer with a scripture from the Bible. John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

DO not want to get too deep into theology, but as with everything felt I needed to be clear my feelings.

This is a great site for support. I appreciate it. Thank you again to all. Be assured I will post the next adventure, and chime in when I feel that I can add value. It is Snowmobile season here, so I am not sure how many more outings I will have. I will be trying to though.

• 2 weeks later...

I regularly wear heels to church (and everywhere else!!) as well. The heels are usually sandals: thongs, slides and wedgies - clogs in the winter - with 2 to 2 1/2 inch heels. Never had a problem. No one has ever made a comment or seemed to notice. My wife is generally OK with it too... Merry Christmas to all !!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I regularly wear heels to church (and everywhere else!!) as well. The heels are usually sandals: thongs, slides and wedgies - clogs in the winter - with 2 to 2 1/2 inch heels. Never had a problem. No one has ever made a comment or seemed to notice. My wife is generally OK with it too...

Merry Christmas to all !!! SF

SF - I have recently started wearing my tall black cowboy boots, jeans tucked in, to church about 2 years to date. I am getting more comfortable wearing boots in church as time goes by.

joesranch2 - Excellent story. Although she does not approve, my wife has been more accepting of me in high heel boots in recent times. In fact we had a few rare romantic moments in high heel boots.

Great outings! I think your wife’s comment of, “OK. WOW” speaks volumes.

One minor comment about your narrative. When referring to God you said, “You can not hide from him.” Who knows, it might be a her! We shouldn’t get caught up in the image Michael Angelo painted on the ceiling of a guy in flowing long robes and sandals. :thumbsup:

God created man in the image of HIM. Please lets not get caught up in this here.

real men wear heels