The Thread About Nothing.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am fat and tired. I trust everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving. I am very thankfull that I am in a family where I can wear my 5 inch sandals for holiday dinner. Yes, they think I am crazy but it is not a topic of discussion. Jen

Hi Jen J!! Saw your question about wind energy and I'd suggest you check out the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair held every year in Custer, WI just off US 10 about 7 miles east of Stevens Point. Next year's dates are 18-20 June and the contact number is 715-592-6595. I go through Custer every time I drive to our land in Ashland Co. and would like to attend next year as I drive Up North. A friend of mine, Gary at Skyscraperheels in Chicago, has been to this fair and could probably tell you more. I would like to put in a wind turbine to fo along with geothermal and solar when we build our home on our land in just over 7 years so I'm quite interested in it. Tell me what you find out! HappyinHeels

Since this is the thread about nothing I shall choose to vent a thought; you always here about the greatest inventions of some time frame but seldom the worst, I hereby nominate the "Spork' as the absolute worst invention ever. As it is neither a spoon or a fork it does neither job well or at all, and yet cheap food establishments continue to issue them, is this a commentary on their food? You can imagine the executive board meeting on this one.

Someone from product research: "I say with this new deep fried Goulash Surprise people are going to need some sort of appliance to eat it with."

Someone from interior space management: "Oh no what shall we do? We only have an area the size of a cracker box to put anything in with all the promotional items we have posted everywhere."

Marketing rep: "We can't use that space that's where we are going to display the Goulash Surprise!"

Representative of upper management: "People, people let's not get too worked up we'll just supply them with sporks, after all they are just as good as the over processed stuff we're trying to pass off as food."

As I said it just might be someone's commentary on the edible food like substance that these places are passing off.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

To add to the spork vent. My son and I came up with vegetables in a spray can. Same as Easy Cheese, except, salad, broccoli, cole slaw. I am sure that it would be a big seller. No more cutting and chopping. Just spray it on your plate and instant salad. Yuck!!! Jen

Since this is the thread about nothing I shall choose to vent a thought; you always here about the greatest inventions of some time frame but seldom the worst, I hereby nominate the "Spork' as the absolute worst invention ever. As it is neither a spoon or a fork it does neither job well or at all, and yet cheap food establishments continue to issue them, is this a commentary on their food? You can imagine the executive board meeting on this one.

Someone from product research: "I say with this new deep fried Goulash Surprise people are going to need some sort of appliance to eat it with."

Someone from interior space management: "Oh no what shall we do? We only have an area the size of a cracker box to put anything in with all the promotional items we have posted everywhere."

Marketing rep: "We can't use that space that's where we are going to display the Goulash Surprise!"

Representative of upper management: "People, people let's not get too worked up we'll just supply them with sporks, after all they are just as good as the over processed stuff we're trying to pass off as food."

As I said it just might be someone's commentary on the edible food like substance that these places are passing off.

T&H

Also thought a good idea would be to make the handle of the spork into a knife. 3 utensils in one, and a hand full of crappy food to boot. Hahaha

Jen

Also thought a good idea would be to make the handle of the spork into a knife. 3 utensils in one, and a hand full of crappy food to boot. Hahaha

Jen

Jen...Jen...come back from the dark side.

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

To add to the spork vent.

My son and I came up with vegetables in a spray can. Same as Easy Cheese, except, salad, broccoli, cole slaw. I am sure that it would be a big seller.

No more cutting and chopping. Just spray it on your plate and instant salad.

Yuck!!!

Jen

Broccoli in a spray can might be just the thing to help start cold auto motors in freezing weather :cry1:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Broccoli in a spray can might be just the thing to help start cold auto motors in freezing weather :cry1:

Or finish them off completely but at least with vegetables they wouldn't get hardening of the arteries.

Amsterdam this night: -6.6 and during the day it is expected to stay below freezing as well. With such temperatures nearly all women (and some men) are wearing boots. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Amsterdam this night: -6.6 and during the day it is expected to stay

below freezing as well.

With such temperatures nearly all women (and some men) are wearing boots.

Y.

WhaaaaaaT!!!! No wooden shoes with the really thick wool socks? :cry1::wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'd like to join you but the darkness lurking behind me gives me the willies could I just have a large Scotch to go?

Also temps here today hovering right around 35F yesterday 27F now if my ghastly math is correct that should be 1.6C and -2.8C respectfully. Of course now they are predicting rain for tomorrow but that is still better than snow.