The Thread About Nothing.

you aren't the only place on this wide earth that is suffering from cold and snowy winter weather. I understand France, Germany and a few of the smaller countries are also experiencing extraordinary cold, snowy weather. Look what happened in the Chunnel a few days ago.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I realized that I hate, no, more than hate, I LOATHE Chicago rush hour traffic. I will say, my record time for a slow commute home was 2 years ago. Ready for this? Drum Roll Please.............. 3 Hours and 21 minutes - Total distance covered 29.7 miles. Welcome to the big city. Loathing Jen

You've never been stalled in traffic on I-395/I-95 S in Washington, DC/Northern Virginia between Arlington and Dumfries between 3 pm and 6 pm Monday thru Friday. Now, that's what I call a traffic jam. (True story - was stalled so long one time that I ran out of cigarettes -- couldn't get off the highway to buy some more so I quit. Haven't smoked since :cry1: ) Where in Chicago (what route - between where and where) was traffic that heavy?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've been watching news reports about the terrible weather that people in Europe and the UK have been experiencing over the past couple of weeks. Has anyone some "hairy" stories to relate? As I said in another post, I believe the last time it snowed here where I live was back in January of 2000. While everyone I know has their fingers crossed for a white Christmas here, it's just supposed to rain an inch or two....:-(

I was on my way to the 'burbs on my first jaunt since mid-November, but fate stepped in to stop me dead in my tracks when a half a mile away from the house, the check engine light came on. Paranoid about being stuck on a street or road somewhere, I turned around and came right back. Trip over. Darn it! Now I gotta take the car to the dealer tomorrow and have it looked at. Hopefully it won't be anything expensive.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I was on my way to the 'burbs on my first jaunt since mid-November, but fate stepped in to stop me dead in my tracks when a half a mile away from the house, the check engine light came on. Paranoid about being stuck on a street or road somewhere, I turned around and came right back. Trip over. Darn it! Now I gotta take the car to the dealer tomorrow and have it looked at. Hopefully it won't be anything expensive.

Keep in mind before you "open your pocketbook," Jeff. Dealers are giving great deals on new cars at their end of the year sales......:cry1::>:

Keep in mind before you "open your pocketbook," Jeff. Dealers are giving great deals on new cars at their end of the year sales......:cry1::>:

Yeah, I know, but I'm six months away from paying off the car I currently have, and the idea of another car note isn't something that agrees with me, or my bank account. Still, that is an option I won't dismiss out of hand if I were to get a good deal.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You've never been stalled in traffic on I-395/I-95 S in Washington, DC/Northern Virginia between Arlington and Dumfries between 3 pm and 6 pm Monday thru Friday. Now, that's what I call a traffic jam.

(True story - was stalled so long one time that I ran out of cigarettes -- couldn't get off the highway to buy some more so I quit. Haven't smoked since :cry1:

Hey I know that traffic and route since I grew up in that area a little place called Dale City.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Hey I know that traffic and route since I grew up in that area a little place called Dale City.

T&H

Dale City -- Home of the Hilton Homes (isn't that community named after Dale Hilton?). A true bedroom community. Only time you find anyone on the streets of Woodbridge is after working hours and on weekends. :cry1:

Dale City -- Home of the Hilton Homes (isn't that community named after Dale Hilton?). A true bedroom community. Only time you find anyone on the streets of Woodbridge is after working hours and on weekends. :cry1:

That would be the place exactly. Kind of neat to run into someone else who knows that area.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

It seemed like the day at work would never end today. Must be the post holiday blahs.:wave:

Or if you are like me several very ugly Mondays jumped out of a blind corner and beat the ever loving stuff out of you all day.:cry1:

Am I the only one who is getting tired of hearing about Tiger Woods? Come on, the guy is a golfer, and that's it. Well, and a corporate pitchman, or at least he used to be. Rich, famous guy cheats on his wife...where's the news in that? Why is it so important for somebody who just happens to be a great golfer to also be a decent person? And why does anybody care?

Style is built from the ground up!

Am I the only one who is getting tired of hearing about Tiger Woods? Come on, the guy is a golfer, and that's it. Well, and a corporate pitchman, or at least he used to be. Rich, famous guy cheats on his wife...where's the news in that? Why is it so important for somebody who just happens to be a great golfer to also be a decent person? And why does anybody care?

I don't ever remember hearing about Jack Nicklaus cheating on his wife.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap! January is already half over. Tax time!!!!

Jen

Just proves that the old saying "Time Marches On! and shoes wear out!" is so true!:blinkbigeyes:

Ya know. My black standards are done. They have provided years of service but alas, they have become weary and worn. I am patiently waiting for them to be restocked. If any one from Sexy Shoes is reading this, when will you have Style 4211, Size 7.5, Black restocked? I am waiiiiiting......... Yours Truly, Patient yet not endlessly patient Jen

Jen J! Have you called the company and asked them if the shoes you are looking for are available? Their latest catalog does not mention that they are not available in your size. :blinkbigeyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Ya know. My black standards are done. They have provided years of service but alas, they have become weary and worn.

I am patiently waiting for them to be restocked.

If any one from Sexy Shoes is reading this, when will you have

Style 4211, Size 7.5, Black restocked? I am waiiiiiting.........

Yours Truly,

Patient yet not endlessly patient Jen

Have you tried e-mailing them? Style #4211 was their basic stiletto pump and as such it was their bread-and-butter. Sexy Shoes always had the best selection in that style -- virtually every color and size was available.

I did go to their site and noticed that I got the "out of stock" message no matter what size I tried to order. Didn't try them all, and didn't try different colors but it is starting to sound like their website may have a bug.

Have a happy time!