The Thread About Nothing.

Although it is not very often, yes I'm serious about this one. Jen On a less serious note, do I have to sign some paperwork or anything to avoid a flurry of posts as to why the thread was renamed? I definately do not want anyone getting upset. LOL Jen the Jester

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it is not very often, yes I'm serious about this one.

Jen

On a less serious note, do I have to sign some paperwork or anything to avoid a flurry of posts as to why the thread was renamed? I definately do not want anyone getting upset. LOL

Jen the Jester

And with that, 'tis done!

We'll forgo the paperwork (this time). As far as the flurry of posts, we'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Have a happy time!

I agree about the World Series not including the world, however there is Toronto, Canada (Blue Jays). So I count 2 nations competing for the World Series.

Going back to the Cubs, yes I am a Cubs fan. I think they will eventually win it all. Since Cubs tickets sell out often, their payroll will attract big names, some players would even want to play to be the hero that breaks the Cubs curse. I have read that even other nations follow the Cubs and heard of the curse. Go Cubs.

Just forgot to add, I guess the other thing that makes it a World Series and a world championship is the fact that baseball players from around the world compete for the title. Sure we have two 2 nations, USA and Canada playing for the title. Yet the players are from Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Netherlands, Japan, and so forth.

OK back to the current topic.

Me and my wife were chatting this evening about things in general and I commented that although our house is small and like living in a shoebox, we are a happy family and that's all that matters. Having mentioned the word shoebox I further remarked how that was an appropriate word for me to use giving the amount of heels I own. We both laughed together about it which was nice! Thought I'd share that with you all here at the Thread About Nothing.

Since the holidays are here and everyone has family members with quirky personalities, by the way, if you think you don't, then it is you. Anyway, my sister in law, this is every year has a fit about who is going to pay for the shrimp. This year we informed her that we did not want any, but if it was to her liking, she could pick some up anyway. A little bit of tension on that one but not bad. It had ended in a full blown argument before. Fast forward two days. My brother in law makes a comment about the price of the Mostacholi to her and she starts crying, drops the phone and leaves the room. This Christmas may bring some interesting stories. We shall see. Patentheel, hows the addition coming along? Jen

Patent Heels maybe a store front would be a good addition. Or how about a tree house for your shoes. Of course then you would have a shoe tree.:thumbsup:

I better peruse another thread as my sense of humor (or lack there of) is starting to show.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Patent Heels maybe a store front would be a good addition. Or how about a tree house for your shoes. Of course then you would have a shoe tree.:thumbsup:

I better peruse another thread as my sense of humor (or lack there of) is starting to show.

T&H

Ideally a room with them all displayed on the wall would be nice with some lighting like in the stores. That would be magic, every time I felt the urge to buy some new heels I could go into the room until it passed.

The lighting in stores always makes heels more appealing than they sometimes are.

Merry Christmas to ALL. It is a white Christmas in Chicago. So far no sister in law episodes. But then again today is a new day. So far we have prepared and are cooking the turkey, temp. 159.4 deg currently, 10-15 deg until done. Opened presents, kids made a mess, peeled potatoes, got firewood, made a fire, cleaned and salted the walk for the guests, dog got a new tennis ball toy, showered, shaved, made yams, cooked giblets, had a beer, made coffee, cleaned up the kitchen, written private messages and submitted this post, oh and added to the word assc. game. Sausage - Didn't have sausage but did make bacon this morn. Happy Holidays. Jen

Merry Christmas to ALL.

It is a white Christmas in Chicago. So far no sister in law episodes. But then again today is a new day. So far we have prepared and are cooking the turkey, temp. 159.4 deg currently, 10-15 deg until done. Opened presents, kids made a mess, peeled potatoes, got firewood, made a fire, cleaned and salted the walk for the guests, dog got a new tennis ball toy, showered, shaved, made yams, cooked giblets, had a beer, made coffee, cleaned up the kitchen, written private messages and submitted this post, oh and added to the word assc. game.

Sausage - Didn't have sausage but did make bacon this morn.

Happy Holidays.

Jen

And here I thought I was the only one who had to work today.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Well. Friday night was a thrill. We have a radiator hose leak in our jeep for about 2 weeks now, not bad, but enough to be noticable.. Finally picked up the part, heater bypass hose, $7 clams. Allows for the water pump to circlate coolant through the engine when the heat is off in the jeep. Anyway friday night is the time. So, here it goes, another interesting little tidbit in my life. To accomplish the job of putting the replacement hose on, you must: Wear safety glasses. Don't screw around with this one, being blinded by hot coolant or some other little thing is bad, don't believe me, close your eyes and read the rest of this post. You will miss the part where I describe my stockings, full fashioned, silk, seamed, keyholed top band, from the 50's, found them at a garage sale, brand new, about 8-12 pairs. 1. take off the battery cable, positive. Safety first. 2. drain the radiator fluid into a container, recycle the old coolant. If i find out anyone is putting automotive fluids in the sewers or on the ground, I may wear heels and skirts, but, I will kick some butt. Nobody wants to say that they were beat up by a guy in pumps, now do they. 3. disconnect the a/c compressor and remove. 4. remove the serpentine belt. 5. remove the idler pulley. 6. remove the alternator, don't need to disconnect it, is pretty much moves out of the way. 7. remove the power steering pump, once again, no disconnection needed. 8. remove all bolts holding the accessory mounting bracket to the engine. 9. the little hose on top is the one we want. Unclamp, clean the fittings, relace hose and reclpamp to 12-15 inch pounds. Not too tight. It will destroy the new hose. 10. check any other hoses or fittings to make sure they are in good servicable condition. 11. reinstall previously removed components in reverse order. Tighten all fasteners to manufacturer specifications. 12. close radiator drain and refill with a 50/50 coolant water mix. 13. check coolant level in the expansion tank once a day over the next several days as air will be purged from the system during daily driving. This procedure will take about an hour and a half. Six to eight beers and a half a pack of smokes so plan accordingly. I also broke a nail, crap. Next time, how to change the transmission valve body on a 96 Ford Taurus with the transmission still in the car. Delightfull! Oh, and the stockings they are hot! Jen By the way, this procedure is for a 1993, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.2 Litre V-8.

I must admit I used to be a mechanic and one of the hardest things to change is the alternator on an old three door Shogun. For such a big 4x4 the aperture in order to take it out was very small indeed so hard I had to stop and manipulate it so that it slotted out and then to get the new one in!!! Those were the days.

I must admit I used to be a mechanic and one of the hardest things to change is the alternator on an old three door Shogun. For such a big 4x4 the aperture in order to take it out was very small indeed so hard I had to stop and manipulate it so that it slotted out and then to get the new one in!!! Those were the days.

I don't know about the Shogun but the alternator on a 2000 Astro van is no picnic either. Neither was the timing gears! Six hours to get to the little devils five to put it all back plus the half hour to get the crank gear off. Then add the fact that either the line bore is off or the holes in the block for the timing cover are not in the right place as the original and replacement covers don't line up right! Modifacations later it was all back together and no more oil leak:clap:.

Did I mention that this was changed in 20 F weather with rain? YUCK!

T&H

20 degrees, you are dedicated. While we are on the subject of auto repar, did I mention that my wife gave me M.A.C. mascara for Christmas? I do have a tendency to go off track from time to time. Glad I have a thread to do it in. Jen

Thanks, I am a worrier. Got to be pretty bad during the slide in residental construction. Almost lost my ass. Did a lot of fancy footwork, no heels for that one, and got out with only 1 spec home left. It's for sale but don't expect it to move for a year or two, really three. I learned from that situation to take it one day at a time, enjoy each one of them, and to never let the small stuff get to me. If it needs to be done, I do it, whatever it is. Each task I accomplish is one less worry. If it needs to be done I prioritize and check them off, one by one. I am much happier, sleep better and have more time to spend with my wife, kids and friends. This thread, although it maybe hard to understand why it is here, gives me a place to write about general day to day stuff. No reason other than I can go back and read it later, view the comments and learn a little more about myself and people who have influenced me. And on that note, my 8 year old can kick my butt in Halo 1,2 and 3. Jen

This thread, although it maybe hard to understand why it is here, gives me a place to write about general day to day stuff. No reason other than I can go back and read it later, view the comments and learn a little more about myself and people who have influenced me.

And on that note, my 8 year old can kick my butt in Halo 1,2 and 3.

Jen

then you will be glad to know that the next upgrade of hhplace has a feature for members own personal blogs and galleries within the forum itself :thumbsup:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Can I keep this one also?

jen

Of course, its your thread, you started it.

The upgrade wont be for agesssss yet anyway as those little google ad's have seemingly been ignored for the last 3 years, so I have to save my own pennies for the upgrades.

Fantastic. I would be happy to provide any help that I can. I am currently involved with an online invoicing and payment website. All coding from scratch. I am getting better with HTML and CSS, I am a project manager by trade but sloowwlly I am picking up development, did I mention creeping along like a snail tied to a brick?

Maybe the easiest way to accomplish the user/blog area would be to expand a new catagory, similar to the HHPlace Cafe, and then allow each member with a log in to start one thread which they can fill up with their individual stuff. they could either select others to also add comments or themselves only.

Something like, High Heel Place > Welcome to High Heel Place > Member Space > Jen J

Just a matter of getting the login priveledges set up.

Just another ramble.

jen

its not custom development, and "skills" are not the problem. Its the entire website software, all 3 main software applications are approaching 3 years old now, and the initial "support and updates" expired some time ago. Thus, to download the latest versions and upgrade, the support services must be renewed on all 3. The latest versions all have the additional features all built in, so no develoment is required, just download, install, switch them on and done. Oh, then re-apply the entire site design to everything, all over again... Its fairly easy, but the god of google hasnt been very kind in terms of helping keep this place going, although saying that, the place isnt exactly littered with ad's is it... So half of thats probably my own fault for not plastering ad's into every single spare pixel :thumbsup: Silly me..