My first pair of ultra's!

Stilettoscot

Wow, got my ultra's in this morning, and instead of the 6 1/4" heel as advertised, they measure a full 7 1/4"!! Of course, I HAD to practice in my room, even though I didn't even place any padding in yet...LOL They fit fairly well. But, even though I walk a lot, and very gracefully, in 6" heels, I wasn't expecting how tough these would be! After about 45 minutes of stretching, warming up, and such, I managed to be able to walk back and forth across my 20' room 2 times (only the first would be considered graceful-ish) before my feet were just too tired! 15 more minutes of attempts, and I had to stop. Just for yucks I put back on my 6"ers and almost fell backwards as it felt like there was no heel there!! Now, I have 26 days to practice before I wear them to my club's New Year's Eve party, and though I am at least encouraged that I can walk short distances in them, I know there won't be much dancing in these! LOL First stop today before work?? Aldo's for some shoe padding...LOL Wow, I have some serious respect for those who can walk a lot in ultra's over 7"! Figured I'd become a Gold Member with a post about ultra high gold heels! :w00t2: Off to practice some more...

post-12454-133522874627_thumb.jpg

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Wow, got my ultra's in this morning, and instead of the 6 1/4" heel as advertised, they measure a full 7 1/4"!! Of course, I HAD to practice in my room, even though I didn't even place any padding in yet...LOL

They fit fairly well. But, even though I walk a lot, and very gracefully, in 6" heels, I wasn't expecting how tough these would be! After about 45 minutes of stretching, warming up, and such, I managed to be able to walk back and forth across my 20' room 2 times (only the first would be considered graceful-ish) before my feet were just too tired! 15 more minutes of attempts, and I had to stop.

Just for yucks I put back on my 6"ers and almost fell backwards as it felt like there was no heel there!!

Now, I have 26 days to practice before I wear them to my club's New Year's Eve party, and though I am at least encouraged that I can walk short distances in them, I know there won't be much dancing in these! LOL

First stop today before work?? Aldo's for some shoe padding...LOL

Wow, I have some serious respect for those who can walk a lot in ultra's over 7"!

Figured I'd become a Gold Member with a post about ultra high gold heels! :lmao:

Off to practice some more...

Nice buy Stilettoscot, pity they aint black patent, but of course I would say that :w00t2:

Just for yucks I put back on my 6"ers and almost fell backwards as it felt like there was no heel there!!

That's precisely how I get myeself prepared for 6" heels... i wear my ballets for half an hour beforehand...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Scott, You ARE the man! I hope you're planning on refraining from alcohol that night. You're f...ing crazy. And, I'm f...ing jealous of you, my friend. Keep it steady in your "training" of the next several weeks. And, of course, let us know what hospital to send flowers to you should you decide to take a few drinks wearing those mother f...ers! :w00t2: William

Awesome heels....if I ever get some extra $$$ those are the exact heels I want to get for myself :w00t2: They must be so awesome to have on your feet... Would love to see a few more picture of you in them and also when you get a chance another update if there is any.... I think they come in black also... what made you decide on the red one?? Holiday time I would guess.. anyway be careful on them and love to hear more about your adventures wearing them. higheeluv

Will get some pics tomorrow during my "practice session"..LOL Not getting much more endurance, but a little more grace. These things are really high, to the point I still can't straighten my knees! They do feel "wicked" on my feet, and I feel quite alive wearing them! If you get them, make sure you get good padding though. PS, the do come in black with a silver heel...

My first pair of heels were about 7" pumps. Ordered from LSB. I though the higher the better...and I actually though I could walk in them. After a lot of struggle, I understood that 5 inch is enough. I must admit that I have never been any good using my heels long periode at the time, but 4 inch is about what I can use and be able to walk normal. I just need to get my butt moving outside the house with my heels on and not leave them behind in the closet..:-) Then I might be able to do some progress and can use my 7" pumps...

Took a while to get comfortable in 6"ers for any period of time. I hope to be able to get at least decent enough with these to bring them the club once in a while. I doubt I'll ever walk in them like Pata (I can dream though, can't I??) but still I think I can at least wear them OK...LOL

I'd view ultra heels sort of like a rich desert - extra special, that you can only handle a little of, a bit at a time. I guess to some degree it's a challenge to see how high a heel you can wear. If you can actually walk well in ultra heels, that's great. However, I'd much rather see someone walking well in lower heels, then struggling and walking awkwardly in ones probably too high.

I have never worn 7" high heels. I can't even imagine. I walk very slowly and very deliberately in 6" high heels. Are they truly a lot of fun to walk in? And would you ever wear them for any length of time in public? Just currious.

Oh the horror... 2 days back I was practicing (in my powerless house due to the ice storm), and felt some "give in my right heel. While it was not broken, there is now "play" in the heel which is obviously a manufacturing defect (brought it to a cobbler yesterday to see). I contacted Sexy-shoes and they told me no problem on returning them Sad, but they have no more shoes in this style and size. Good news is I will be able to trade them in for 2 other models (one on clearance), and they'll do it for no extra charge (just shipping). So, while I'm really sad they are leaving, I'll have 2 other new ultra's in which to practice on. So, for the upcoming week or two, I'll be ultra-less... :thumbsup: Oh well, these things happen!

Sexy Shoes, one of the best online and mail retailers out there. Fair and honest. God man, 7 inch heels and no powerfor two days, I am suprised you made it out alive. Put on your no BS black pumps and go get a generator. Jen

Well, the new shoes came in an hour or so ago, and I must say I am very impressed with the service from Sexy-Shoes! The loading port for my camera has been in the fritz since the power went out (surge maybe?), so have to wait until later to send myself the phone camera pics. The heel on them also measure a little over 7", but for some reason, the walkability is far better! I can walk quite well (in the house, of course) in them for quite a while! Even, dare I say, graceful! I think the heel flexes a bit, which helps (I think). The support is also good, as is the fit. I love them! I might actually try 'em out on New Year's! Pics in a few hours. I have to figure out how to take a walking video in them and share, as I am a complete "noddy" (to steal a term from our Brittish friends) when it comes to electronics.

I am glad you like them. If they are courts then they are alot more supportive. I have 4 pairs, soon to be 5 of 6.5 inch courts in different colours and love them all, They are so much more comfortable than other 6 inch I have. Don't you feel its weird that the manufacturer really counts and love Ellie shoes (sooo comfy)