Rubs the wrong way with positive outcome

wood&metal

I picked up a new pair of Nikes yesterday (for work purposes) and wore them around for the afternoon and evening, all the while they were rubbing an area below that little bone at the foot/ankle joint that I had already aggrivated when i banged it on a chair leg.. I'm a clutz.. By mid-day today the spot was so irritating that I came home looking for another pair that did'nt rub the spot, but I could'nt find anything, so just to see, I popped on a pair of boots (Corral womens cowboy boots, 2 and 1/2" heel) and low and behold, problem solved... Put on my ragged boot cut jeans, a different shirt, and out the door I went... On my way back to the shop, I stopped at the bank... Now normally I go in there in my work clothes and nikes so that's how everyone is used to seeing me.... I was standing in line and one of the cutest girls in the place (who I kinda have a tiny crush on, BTW) immediately noticed what I was wearing.. She yelled "Hi!" as usual followed with a "WOW, nice shoes"... This girl is in very stylish heels most of the time and I suspect she loves heels much the same as those of us here do... On my way out she said "hey, let me borrow those sometime" and we joked back and forth... This attracted more attention from one of the other girls who also seemed to like my boots... So maybe I've found that opening I was looking for with this girl who I would love to get out on a date... Something common ground that we can discuss..... hmmm.. a shoe shopping date.. would'nt that be a trip?....lol

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Awesome posting there wood&metal, and I hope you have many more good outings in the future! It seems to be the ladies that appreciate a guy in stylish heels than other males, but perhaps that could be due to state of mind or confidence. If you put the look together and top it off with a classy pair of heels, then it just looks S-H-A-R-P all the way around!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Everything to go for there even if it does't go far you've got a friend. You have got to give it a whirl. Good luck and happy hunting Al

Congrats W&M, one of the most inspiring stories on this forum. I'm trying to picture the whole thing in my head and it makes me smile. It proves that by not street-heeling you avoid the negative reactions but you also might miss out on an oppertunity and compliment like this. How many negative reactions outweigh one encounter like this? BTW, it's been said many times before here but Western boots seem to be the ideal starting ground for men to wear heels. They are timeless and are sold as mainstream male boots up to 3 1/2" heels. So if you go for the more refined and better looking female types you're just being stylish IMHO. Apparently that's what the girl thought also. You made the perfect choice in clothing style, I guess if you showed up in stiletto boots things might have turned out differently.

Like Johnieheel says, "Make a move". One question on her swapping your boots for her heels for a while. What is the size factor between you two?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I'll be making a move next time I see her, possibly tomorrow.. I had planed to say something last friday, but she was'nt in... I'll keep you all posted..

As for the size difference, I don't know....hmmmm..

I say go for it. Take it slow. The suggestion for going out for a cup of coffee is a good idea. Hopefully she'll be wearing high heels and you might be able to steer the conversation that direction. Good luck.

Coffee or lunch, maybe dinner... We've known each other for a couple years and had even joked about dating once before..

Wood and Metal:-) So---you have known this lady for a while and the thought of you two dating has come up before, eh? Strike while the iron is hot, my friend. Don't let this opportunity slide by. Do something about it, now. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!