Round or Pointed Toe

I have found that both can be very sexy. My pumps have a somewhat rounded toe but that being due to the concealed platform and as for my new THBs they have a rounded toe as well, but both are very comfortable and I think it's due to the rounding in the toebox. I've worn pointed heels in the past and they do tend to squish the toes a little more which equates to less time wearing and more time massaging the sore toes. As for the look...I much prefer pointed toed shoes on men and women but for wearing, personally, I like something that's comfy all around. :blinkbigeyes:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with Milliesheels. A round toe is smaller looking and more comfortable on your feet. I have several pair of 6" high heels with what is called a blunt toe shoe. there were times when I wore them all over las vegas with no ill effects, 10 miles and all. spikesmike.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The nicest boots I have have a round toe. Both boots with and without heels. They are also most neutral in wearing if you do not want to draw more than a minimal amount of attention. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I prefer a round toe on my boots. I had pointy boots once and just like Marymoult described, they got shabby quite quickly. They can be beautiful but overall I find myself attracted to round toes more often. It creates the impression that the wearer has smaller feet, and for some reason, I find that incredibly beautiful.

I prefer a round toe on my boots. I had pointy boots once and just like Marymoult described, they got shabby quite quickly. They can be beautiful but overall I find myself attracted to round toes more often. It creates the impression that the wearer has smaller feet, and for some reason, I find that incredibly beautiful.

I just want to reiterate that there is a difference between a pointed toe and an excessive pointy toe. Pointed toe boxes also include the almond shaped toe, which are short enough to still house the toes, but they don't extend over a inch beyond the end of the longest toe. The pointy toe boxes usually stretch the point of the toe box over an inch to as much as two and a half inches beyond the longest toe. The pointy toes are noted for becoming disfigured and damaged just because they don't have the strength to keep their shape when pressure is applied by such positions as the person kneeling down or in walking over very uneven surfaces.

IMO, it's the pointed toe box that is the best feature for court shoes. Then comes the semi pointed toe box which seems to loose the flare. The oval toe box, that finds its shape inspired by the length of the toes, takes the close second spot for attractiveness. The round toe box usually offers the most room for the toes, but it lacks the pizazz of the oval shape. All other shapes for toe boxes have their features of interest, but they can be the choice for others.

haven't really decided yet as I'm still kinda new at this heel thing. The boots I bought recently have a rounded, maybe a bit Almond toe, and they fit fine. Easier to get out and about with less visible aspects. Those really long pointed pumps - - NO way. Saw a nice looking gal in a pair of those super long toes in silver. Looked like someone had strapped a mason trowl under her foot and wrapped it in duct tape. A traditional point would have been much better. Some of the posts refer to those super long points as being witchy. Most of the girls I have seen wearing those kinds of shoes seem to be more - - - (replace the 'W')

Is it just my imagination or are shoes with those extremely long pointed toes going out of style? All I see in the stores these days are shoes with those mini-platforms on them (of which I am not overly fond).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Is it just my imagination or are shoes with those extremely long pointed toes going out of style? All I see in the stores these days are shoes with those mini-platforms on them (of which I am not overly fond).

I believe your correct. In my case, the mini platforms are perfect. Single sole and me don't seem to get along although I haven't tried on a top brand single sole yet. Now that I know where an Aldo's is, I just might have to try some on again.

I completly agree with you, I can't find any more sexy pointy heels online nor on stores, and me likr you don't like that platform trend going on... Will pointy heels ever come back?

I prefer round toe as I think pointed toes can make the shoes look too long in proportion to the heel and has the effect on the eye of making the heel look shorter in proportion. I do have several pairs of pointed shoes/boots and they are nice but the current fashion for round toes in the high street stores suits me. I also think a round toe blends in better with jeans helping to lessen the effect of being a man in high heels. My wife would give a complete opposite answer to this question she really doesn't like round toes.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I prefer almond toes. I have pointy toes and really they are not as comfortable. Regarding style, I believe the turning point around a Blahnik Carolyn. I think pointier heels are not very stylish. Any way, as a rule -at least for me-,a higher heel allows a pointier toe. My choice of a pointy style, at this time, would be a CL Pigalle.

Super pointy, 5 inch metal heel, single sole. I would kill for a Di Marni pair of boots, but I can't find them anywhere...

go to flickr.

search for dimarni. you´ll find a man called rubycloe(ebayname) or extraitaly (flickrname)

he´s the man! you can order any style you´ll find on his account.