Round or Pointed Toe

I know this might sound a bit silly, but I was wondering when street heeling what type of shoe or boot do you wear when out? I mean by this round toe, square toed, or pointed toe heels and/or boots? For myself I wear when in public either round or square toed boots when I go out.

I know this might sound a bit silly, but I was wondering when street heeling what type of shoe or boot do you wear when out? I mean by this round toe, square toed, or pointed toe heels and/or boots? For myself I wear when in public either round or square toed boots when I go out.

Thats my choice. I don't own any real pointy toe shoes. Have a few almond toe heels though. Just my style.

real men wear heels

I'm kind of fond of round toes myself, but I have some almond toes as well. I have one pair of very pointy shoes, but I've lost interest in them since they look a little strange. Square toes I don't care for, they seem like "old lady" shoes.

My favorite shoes for street heeling are almond toes. I do like round toes as well, but not think I look particularly good in pointy toes, though I do have a few. I love peep toes as well, but I only have a few pair and heel in them infrequently.

Style is built from the ground up!

Not to pointed for me, don't really like very long pointed toes, trouble is pointed toes always go with very high slim heels, which I do like on some styles.

life is not a rehearsal

I hate round toes, they're just not elegant. Very pointy styles make the shoe or boot just too long, so the traditional court shoe (this is the UK!!) point is the look for me. Occasionally a chunky square toe boot with chunky heel to go under jeans or baggy suit trousers. Lady Alpha

The pointed or almond toe shapes appeal to my senses of desire. Their simple styling shapes bring out the beauty high heels are meant to offer. Make no mistake, wearing a pair of stiletto heels is like being lifted up on luxurious pedestals of designed elegance for formal and social attiring. They give the wearer feelings of greater self-worth and confidence in looking their best while satisfying their choice of footwear from being who they are. However, defining these shapes is necessary to realize my idea of the best look from my eyes. The pointed toe can't extend much beyond the end of the wearer's toes, because the elongated toe box becomes protrusively and horizontally dominant, making one's feet look extremely longer. You also have to watch your step more because the chance of crimping or damaging the toe box increases dramatically from hitting objects, kneeling down, or just walking. Also, there is a greater chance of getting the toes stepped on from their sticking out so far. By the way, shortening an elongated pointed toe by rounding or squaring off the end, is also an eye sore, because it looks like they are trying to correct the mistake after the shoe was made. The circular round toe as a shape seems boring. By using the almond or oval shape to fit the curvature suggested by the lengths of one's toes, adds just the right pizazz to the high heeled styling. This posting is my opinion that may be shared by a few of you, but by no means does it speak for everyone, because of who we are. There are even times when I have strayed outside this opinion and found some heels that were alluring.

• 2 months later...

I prefer rounded toe. I really don't like a lot of pointed toe styles. There are some I've seen where they are actually very complimentary of the style itself. But personally I find round toes to look a little more...cute. That's not to say they aren't sexy, but I won't lie; pointed toe shoes have a certain elegance and sexual prowess to them that rounded toes can't match. But there are also pointed shoes I've seen that just look ridiculous. I guess it mainly depends on how the shoe is made, but I personally prefer the rounded toe style.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

round toes are easier for men to wear in public. A pair of boots with rounded toes attract a lot less attention and are less obvious at first glance. Better for men that might be a little shy and hesitant to wear in public. Heels are just a little more problematic.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

well, one pair that I have, my tan knee high NINE WEST 4 inch blade heel boots which I'm currently wearing with skinny womens jeans that I got the other day @ a 2nd hand store (tucked in- they fit really nice);-) have a squared-off toe & I love them, the other is my avitar (in the black color) & they are kind of rounded off in a certain style I believe.

Rounded, meaning I don't mind almond toed shoes, provided there's enough wiggle room.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Depends on the shoes base style is what type of toe you'll have to work with. Or what type of toe you like is what styles you have to look at. Heel heigth will also adjust things more, not counting platforms. Office shoes: Almound, Court, Elongated. Every day: Almound, Court, Open toe Evening: Strapy, Court, Open toe Goth: Round, Almound, Square, Open toe Work: Court, Almound, Square 1"-3": All types are found. 4": lose the Round, Square 5": lose the Elongated and Strapy 6": only the Court 7": is ballet boots (unless you have feet in the US Womans size 12+ you wont find 7" heel pumps). Now Ballet heels have a toe box all their own. But some the toe box is more flexiable then others...for safety and health reasons when walking less flexable is best. Devious is too flexable and with it's too long heel just makes this point even more by level is leaning into the toe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

never liked square. always liked pointed untill this winter my gf and i were at macys and she found a pair of knee high 4" heel round toe boots. she got them they didnt feel bad till she tryed to wear them out :winkiss:. but guess what they fit me great and there so comphy, i love them they are now my fav and it does hide better under jeans even though i havent been out in heels yet.

• 2 months later...

i prefer long pointed toe on my boots as i gives more room for my longish toes, round tor boots just don't have enough room in them, so pointed is better for me and i think they look better too.

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!