Probable or Possible: WHM 2009: London, Saturday Feb. 21, 2009 *Note Date*

kneehighs

Are you a probable or possible attendee for the World Heel Meet 2009?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a probable or possible attendee for the World Heel Meet 2009?

This thread is to keep track of those people who Probably or Possibly will attend the World Heel Meet 2009 in London on Saturday, Feb. 21st. By clicking to view poll results, interested parties can see the growing number of attendees over time and inform themselves as to which of their real life or online friends will be present. PROBABLE-- I will likely attend the World Heel Meet 2009 in London on Saturday Feb. 21st. POSSIBLE-- I may attend the World Heel Meet 2009, given that certain conditions work out. IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT-- don't vote at all. Historically, I've manually updated a list of Probable and Possible attendees, but that task is majorly time consuming to continue for me, considering that the Poll results can share the same bottom line information. Let's see if this new use of the Poll Results works or not.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Replied by PM. Anyway, I would be very interested. I would need to know if it is an overnighter or just a day event for travel reasons.

Gonna need tips on getting heels through airport security, of course.

Ideally, you would want to come on early Friday night/late Friday afternoon and leave on Sunday morning. That would be best.

Second choice would be to spend the night on Saturday, so you can enjoy the nightlife with everyone else.

I'll let the others take a stab at the airport security issue.

Replied by PM. Anyway, I would be very interested. I would need to know if it is an overnighter or just a day event for travel reasons.

I usually take them on my feet when I go through security. Sometimes they want you to send them through the x-ray. If they are ordinary women's shoes, then there can't be a problem.

I would avoid really thin and spiky stilettos though, just in case they think you are going to stab someone.

What goes in the hold is anybody's guess. A pair of thigh boots came out the other end OK along with a full-length leather skirt.

Xa

I have passed security with several pairs of stillettos in the carry on, together with corsets etc and no one even asks to look inside it. I have also been wearing it through security and only at Reykavijk I have had to take off my boots. Copenhagen and Berlin I have passed in pumps without problems, through Berlin they were quite spikey but no prob what so ever. The staff are trained to be professional in their behaviour and have probably seen things much "worse" than a pair of women shoes in the bag or on your feet.

Just go for it!

If there was a problem with stillettos the airlines would have banned them from the cabin ages ago. And let's not put that idea into their heads. :w00t2:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I've taken stiletto heels abroad a few times. Once in Manchester I even got stopped by customs (had a little too much tobacco) and they went through my baggage with the heels and all in and they decided to let me go as I wasn't taking the proverbial with the tobacco. Not a mention of anything to do with the heels! So I would say that it's safe to assume that airport security have bigger fish to fry!

A Massive Thanks to everyone has taken the time to vote in this poll to indicate their probable or possible intent to attend the WHM 2009: bladerunner, Calv, dww, HeelD, highestheels, iloveboots, kneehighs, LovesHiHeels, mikeheel, shakedown, xaphod, "Wellies", admirer5577, Pam, Stilettoscot I'm sure that once I get in touch with Firefox, Heelfan, and few others, the numbers will go even higher.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I'm about 97% able to attend the 2009 World Heel-Meet on Saturday 21st February, and may repeat the idea in previous years of arriving about Thursday beforehand to meet up with other early birds and do a few shopping sprees or evening meals. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Yes, barring any unfotunates I will be there, probably in Girl Mode as usual. I will probably be bringing at least one of my TV/CD friends...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Cool! If you need a place to stay we have an apartment in Soho that has LovesHiHeels and I so far as room mates, can accommodate up to 4 or 5 in the apartment. Let us know. We have it from friday through to tuesday.

Friday afternoon we're planning a Camden Market outing.

David

Yes, I'm about 97% able to attend the 2009 World Heel-Meet on Saturday 21st February, and may repeat the idea in previous years of arriving about Thursday beforehand to meet up with other early birds and do a few shopping sprees or evening meals.

Cheers, Heelfan

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Cool! Looking forward to seeing you again Dr. Shoe. We have a Camden Market outing planned for friday afternoon. Looking to set up a friday evening dinner. Hope you'll join us?

David

Yes, barring any unfotunates I will be there, probably in Girl Mode as usual. I will probably be bringing at least one of my TV/CD friends...

Yes, I'm about 97% able to attend the 2009 World Heel-Meet on Saturday 21st February, and may repeat the idea in previous years of arriving about Thursday beforehand to meet up with other early birds and do a few shopping sprees or evening meals.

Cheers, Heelfan

Yay! I knew we could count on your attendance and I sincerely look forward to seeing you again! What about Peachy/Mel? You think there is a chance she could make at least a visit (not necessarily a whole day, but like an appearance)?

Hi, I am 99% certain that I can make this for the saturday at least and I am gonna book flights. Can anyone give me more info on the venue in terms of location? I am fine with the tube and public transport in London but would prefer to fly to the nearest airport. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am 99% certain that I can make this for the saturday at least and I am gonna book flights. Can anyone give me more info on the venue in terms of location? I am fine with the tube and public transport in London but would prefer to fly to the nearest airport.

Thanks in advance.

That's great news Astrid.

Regarding information about The Miller, click here to get a printable google map of The Miller and Tube instructions.

Regarding the nearest airport, when I fly to London, I always fly into Heathrow, but that could be different for you since you are flying from within Europe.

Last I knew, iloveboots still had sleeping space to spare in his apartment, so if you are interested in sharing a flat and saving some money, you might want to private message him.

That's great news Astrid.

Regarding information about The Miller, click here to get a printable google map of The Miller and Tube instructions.

Regarding the nearest airport, when I fly to London, I always fly into Heathrow, but that could be different for you since you are flying from within Europe.

Last I knew, iloveboots still had sleeping space to spare in his apartment, so if you are interested in sharing a flat and saving some money, you might want to private message him.

Cheers for the map. I will give Heathrow a miss. Gatwick and Stansted are a lot more suitable for the 50 mins hop accross the irish sea. Id probably spend 30 mins getting around Heathrow.

Gatwick is the one for this. Nice trip into Victoria and then onwards. Very nice run. Thanks.

I will only be doing the saturday, so I will be ok for accom.

---------------------------------------

Flights sorted. Flying into Gatwick leaving Dublin at 08:00 and flying back at 21.00 for the sum total of €35.

FYI....as Kneehighs noted earlier, we still have space in the apartment we have rented in the Soho area. it is convenient to everything and has kitchen facilities etc. Currently LovesHiHeels and myself are the only occupants. We have room for at least two more and can squeeze a 5th or 6th if pinched. If we get 4 of us we're looking at 30UKL per person per night. We have the apartment the nights of Feb 20, 21, 22 and 23. PM me if you are interested or have any questions. David

Look the header still refers to the 28th...

u need 2 change it pls, i'm still wide awake, but....

I'm under the impression that we changed the headline a few weeks back. If there is something that still needs to be edited somewhere else in the site, please let us know. Thanks!

I had edited the thread title to indicate the correct date (21-Feb-2009) quite some time ago but I could not edit the subject line of each posting (I'd have to do that to each posting individually). If you hit the "Post Reply" button, your posting inherits its subject line from the thread title, which will have the correct date. If you hit "Quote", your posting will inherit the subject line from the posting you are quoting, which may still have the old date if the posting was here before I changed the date.

Have a happy time!

Hi there - I am a 'probable' - more than likley I will be attending the pre meet on Friday, just not so sure I will be able to get there on the Saturday! Look forward to meeting some of you there. PS - I will probably change into my heels when I arrive - is this ok and are there places (preferably other than toilets) where I can change into my best boots????

For the friday night dinner/clubbing you can meet at the apartment we have rented in Soho and change. This has been what other member shave done in previous years and I'll be joining you going from the apartment to dinner in my best Boots as well! David

PS - I will probably change into my heels when I arrive - is this ok and are there places (preferably other than toilets) where I can change into my best boots????

Good question. I will be doing a change also.

You are both more than welcome to change into your favorite pair of boots once inside The Miller. There are many booths, couches, sofa chairs, and bar stools you can change at once inside. You don't have to change in secret in the bathrooms.